• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010 Tennis Thread (Grand Slams, ATP World Tour, Davis Cup)

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk

lechepicha

921BF56DB1784F0E84CF56D2E00180CA.ashx

Albert Montañés (SPA) won the ATP 250 of Estoril (Portugal), defeating portuguese hero, Gil.
He defends his last year title, and reach the 4rd title of his career.
For Gil, it was his first-ever final.
Let's Remember that Montañés beat Roger Federer in the SF.
The future looks very, very dark for Roger, i must (sadly) say. But hey, he is Roger Federer and he's perfectly capable of winning Madrid, Roland Garros, Halle and Wimbledon, but ONLY if he remembers how to play tennis. C'mon Rog!!!

20F8AFFAE0264978B207A290815B0213.ashx

Mikael Youzhny (RUS) won the ATP 250 of Munich (Germany), defeating Marin Cilic in the final.
It's the first title of the year for Youzhny, the 6th in his career. It was his 6th final in the last 8 months. Not bad at all.
For Cilic it was his 3rd final of the year, with two titles. He also has 5 finals in the last 8 months.

F4E754FA952D4A32AAE6EF9F9E9FCCC6.ashx

Sam Querrey (USA) won the ATP 250 of Belgrade (Serbia), defeating countryman Isner in the final.
The top seed, Novak Djokovic, withdrew due to virus infection.
Querrey reaches the 2nd title of the year, and the 4th title of his career.
With this title and the final in Houston, he now looks strong for Madrid and Roland Garros, and i dare to say that he will make pretty well in those (a QF and maybe a SF).

this week is the Masters 1000 of Madrid (Spain).
Nole withdrew because of virus infection, so he lose 250 (Belgrade) + 360 = 610 points, and if Rafa reach the final in Madrid, he will reclaim the no. 2 spot.
That's pretty likely to happen, so, Rafa and Roger would be in diferent halves of the draw in Roland Garros, but something is tell me that Roger won't make his 5th straight final this time...
Del Potro and Davydenko are also out, so, the no. 2, 5, 6 of the world are out. That's why Soderling is the fourth seed this time.
Projected QFs:
Federer-Roddick
Murray-Cilic
------------------
Soderling-Verdasco
Nadal-Tsonga

Nadal should win, just because he's like no other in clay. On top of that, there's no Nole, Delpo and Kolya. Besides, Federer and Murray are playing like shit, so... his biggest opponents right now (not only for Madrid, but for Roland Garros as well) are Soderling and Verdasco. Pretty easy for Rafa.
The only thing that could happen is that Roger find his Oz Open form... THAT would be awesome for all of us tennis fans (a Roger-Rafa final).
Roger has a pretty comfortable draw, since Roddick is no great-threat in clay and because of his terrible head-to-head against Fed.
And in the SF, Murray is playing pretty bad and clay is his worst surface, and Cilic, well, started the year amazingly, but now he's in a deep slump. So, if there's a time for recover, Roger, is Now. You must make the final. Don't matter is Rafa beat the shit out of you, the final is enough for now. I mean, he's coming from a lose in hands of... Albert Montañes?? c'mon...
The other half if, of course, more interesting: Rafa, Soderling and Verdasco make more noise.
Let's just pray for a Federer-Nadal final again (last year, in his last match right here in Madrid, Fed beat Rafa)

lechepicha

Almagro beat Monaco and now will face Melzer in a boring SF.
Almagro gets into the QF of a Masters 1000 for 2nd time this year (Indian Wells)

both are looking to reach their first ever Masters 1000 SF.

Almagro should win this one. Pretty easy for Rafa... (like he needed an open draw)

happy times for Rafanatics/faNadal... :)
dark times for Fedophiles... :(

lechepicha

^
It sounds like that little bitch Soderling is ducking Nadal....:thefinger

right now, Robin isn't playing good enough to face Rafa, so... for you Rafanatics out there, it's a nice time to pray they meet in QF of Roland Garros for a sweet revenge :)

in other news of Soderling, he will be playing in Nice (France) next week, where he'll be the top seed (if Davydenko doesn't recover in the last minute) followed by Verdasco.

Tennis is a great sport but I fear like boxing, it will never again be as great as it was to watch as it was in the '80s.:crying:

I just have very little interest in the players today....and the rackets today really make watching the sport boring. There was nothing like watching McEnroe who didn't stroke the ball particularly hard but had incredible placement.

Wouldn't you rather be watching Lendl, Mac, Connors, Bjorg, etc.??

lechepicha

Wouldn't you rather be watching Lendl, Mac, Connors, Bjorg, etc.??

i never seen those, unfortunately.

but i saw Sampras, Agassi, Hewitt, Safin, Chang, Rafter, etc...

and i don't miss them at all. Maybe Chang and Agassi, but no one else.

I mean, watching a Roger or Rafa game is awesome. Nole when it's playing great is algo very entertaining. Murray of course, it's pretty boring.
Delpo and Kolya are great as well.

all in all, it's a pretty cool sport, but of course, there's a big subjectiveness in this, so... it's up to each one.

i never seen those, unfortunately.

but i saw Sampras, Agassi, Hewitt, Safin, Chang, Rafter, etc...

and i don't miss them at all. Maybe Chang and Agassi, but no one else.

I mean, watching a Roger or Rafa game is awesome. Nole when it's playing great is algo very entertaining. Murray of course, it's pretty boring.
Delpo and Kolya are great as well.

all in all, it's a pretty cool sport, but of course, there's a big subjectiveness in this, so... it's up to each one.

Boy oh boy you missed some GREAT tennis IMO. The players you mention played some great tennis and there were tremendous match ups but nothing on the order of what it was in the 80's.

Boy oh boy you missed some GREAT tennis IMO. The players you mention played some great tennis and there were tremendous match ups but nothing on the order of what it was in the 80's.

Well you should at the very least watch the majors. It is a very great game today, and the tallent is phenominal. The serves can get a bit too big at times, but it is still very entertaining. :hatsoff:

I don't post as much here as I should ... but this is a special week! My beloved Nadia Petrova :iloveyou: beat Serena in an outstanding performance (only to fall to Lucie Safarova today after a mediocre match) and sweet Shahar Pe'er confirms her good shape and has reached the semis where she will clash with Penis Williams.

My money was on a Stosur-Jankovic final, but now I'll be just as happy with a Safarova-Pe'er match-up. :nanner: