• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009 TENNIS Thread (Grand Slams, Tourneys, Davis Cup)

Nadal's games are boring to watch, he doesn't have the amazing shots Federer pulls out so often.
:eek:
Are we watching the same player? Nadal is a demon from both sides--forehand or backhand. He can rip winners whenever, wherever. His matches are INCREDIBLE TO WATCH:eek:

Nadal's only weakness is serve. He needs to work on that 2nd serve and learn a flat first serve. He can't get by with the spinner serve in the deuce court.

Nadal is DEEEP in Roger's psyche. I think Roger will come back and win Wimby this year. Assuming Nadal wins the French...he might be gassed by the time Wimby rolls around.

This is the best rivalry in all of sport right now. I don't know about best rivalry of all time...but there is no more compelling, evenly matched, exciting, gut busting spectacle than seeing these 2 go at it for a trophy...

he stained his reputation a bit by being a bit of a sore loser, i felt for him when he said ''its killing me'' and he starts to sob a bit.

everybody wants to win and there has to be a loser. think of all the people Fed left in his wake

having said that, i like Federer much more than Nadal as a person and player. Nadal's games are boring to watch, he doesn't have the amazing shots Federer pulls out so often.

how was he a sore loser? both guys are pure class, win or lose.

^Agreed. That's the thing with Nadal...he sort of has an arrogant look about him, but he's really a genuine guy. And with all the success that Feds has had, he's not the least bit arrogant, whiny, prima donna-ish....Andy Roddickish....

nadal seemed almost embarrassed during his speech. It is crazy how intense he is on the court and how humble he is off of it.

Tennis is quickly becoming one of my favourite sports. This is really good stuff. Fuck hockey.

Hmm...the final was weird. I am glad Nadal won though.

The thing about the match is Nadal was fatigued from his previous match and you could tell at points throughout this match.

As for Feds he didnt really play that well. I think if he would have played better he could have beat Nadal fairly easy due to his fatigue.

Either way there was some decent shots throughout the match but both players missed shots that I have seen them normally make, even on normal volleys.

Hmm...the final was weird. I am glad Nadal won though.

The thing about the match is Nadal was fatigued from his previous match and you could tell at points throughout this match.

As for Feds he didnt really play that well. I think if he would have played better he could have beat Nadal fairly easy due to his fatigue.

Either way there was some decent shots throughout the match but both players missed shots that I have seen them normally make, even on normal volleys.

True. The 3rd set, Federer was like 0-15 on break points. Easily could have won the set 6-2. But didnt.

watching the final...roger had nadal...but he just couldnt break him...roger just would of broken nadal just 2-3 times...game over...u gotta give nadal all the credit in the world...coming from a 5 hr match in the semi-final...and taking it to roger...both these guys have a epic match the last two times they've met in a final...when roger was down in the final set...it looks like he was frastrated and just gave up and went for too much...nadal has that never quit, the point isnt over, he's will power is amazing...nadal is going to run over everyone in the french open...he's literally a beast on clay...this is just a great rivalary...they kept saying roger needs to attack nadal's 2nd serve with the forehand...he only did it one time throughout the match

I haven't seen Feds dump so many backhands into the net or hit them long like he did in the match. His first serve abandoned him too.

There was some brilliant shotmaking by both.

Maybe Feds needs to dedicate himself to serve/volley. It's too tough to go baseline-to-baseline against Nadal...he's too powerful.

I haven't seen Feds dump so many backhands into the net or hit them long like he did in the match. His first serve abandoned him too.

There was some brilliant shotmaking by both.

Maybe Feds needs to dedicate himself to serve/volley. It's too tough to go baseline-to-baseline against Nadal...he's too powerful.

I just recently found out Federer doesn't have a coach. He has been getting by on only skill these past few years.

A coach would give him a gameplan, and help him tremendously.

I think that sunday's match was fabulous,with Nadal winning in an awesome manner to Roger Federer,which played a good match but i think that Federer is not the same that was 2-3 years ago,i've felt sad for him,i understood why he was crying...But really I think Verdasco must have played the final...

Wimbledon and French Open

Nadal has a very good Chance.

Roddick should plan some strategy to beat players like Federer (Nadal has done it), Nadal. Then he has a Chance to going all the way.

Nadal will have to sort out his fitness if he is to keep up his impressive record of the past few years.
His knees are knackered already this season and with the problems he has had in the past he could struggle to play enough to be sharp for the majors.

Finally...someone bumped this damn thread (thank you Titsrock). I had been thinking about it for the last few days (French Open).

I hope Roddick can do the unthinkable: Win the French! :glugglug:

Was a very good game with Nadal and Soderling and I am glad he finally lost at the French.

Looking at the draw for quarters:
Soderling V Davydenko
Murray V Gonzalez

Don't think Soderling can play as well as he did against Nadal so would expect Davydenko to go through to semi's where he will lose to Hopefully Murray but most likely Gonzalez.

In other half of draw:
I think it will be Tsonga V Robredo and Monfils V Federer

Think Federer will make final against Gonzalez.

kristoflaw10

Closed Account
Elena Dementieva is gone again :(... that sucks, I think she could have been the best player out of Russia if not for untimely injuries and and a some-what weak serve. Oh well, see you in Wimbledon.

I'm kinda routing for Tsonga since it's at the French and he appears to be handling his game well right now.... but in all likely-hood it'll be Federer again.

*My fav. slam... Wimbledon, all the best matches come here...
*Fav player.... Ivan Lendl

Elena Dementieva is gone again :(... that sucks, I think she could have been the best player out of Russia if not for untimely injuries and and a some-what weak serve.

"Somewhat weak?" It's absolutely terrible. It's maybe the worst serve on tour. Makes her all that more impresive, for her to be such a good player with one of the worst serves in history,