• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009/2010 WORLD Football (EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc)

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Looks like he did a good enough job.Arsenal sitting at the top of
their group.Liverpool got beat @ Fiorentina.

We got hammered 4-1 by Sevilla.Although wee Novo's goal was
the best one of the night by far :)

Rangers should have had a pen though....

Damn. Lyon is a machine. 4 goals? That would make it about 97, by my count, that they've scored in the CL so far:rolleyes:

Nice that Liverpool finally got taken down...:thefinger

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
Rangers should have had a pen though....

True and "IF" they had it,the final score may have been a lot different.
But I guess thats just the way it goes.I can see Sevilla running away
with this group,so getting 2nd spot would be great.Just as long as we
don't finish behind the Romanians i'll be happy :)

I give the Gunners an A++++++++++ last night. It seemed like a training exercise rather than an actual game. It was basically video game soccer. The run of play was entirely in the Olympiacos end. Their goalie earned his paycheck last night. They might want to bronze his shirt actually because he literally prevented 5 Arsenal goals. Cesc had an amazing schoolyard volley bounce off the crossbar...if it went in it would've been goal of the month for sure...

So let me get this straight. Portsmouth has a new owner--a rich Saudi Billionaire--and he hired Avram Grant to be director of operations?:rolleyes: Well, credit to this new owner for being broad-minded. Won't this cause shockwaves back in the homeland?

From a football standpoint this is a smart move. I've always liked Avram Grant (never liked JM "the special one"). Portsmouth is in danger of crashing out of the premiership...will this work? Will Portsmouth have some money to go on a buying spree in January?

Well, fucking hell. The complete uselessness of International Friendlies rears its ugly head again...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Robin van Persie partially-tears ankle ligaments!! The latest reports I read say he won't require surgery, but maybe he should go ahead and have it? What good is it to let him rest up for 6-8 weeks and come back? Me thinkee his ligaments will only tear again. :dunno: I guess the Goons don't want him to go under the knife because he might be 12 weeks out.

Wenger HATES Intl Friendlies and should really be in a *RAGE* over this....

For the Goons...we're actually a bit fucked at this point. Bendtner just went in for surgery for a groin problem. He's gone until early Jan I think. That leaves Arsenal with Eduardo and Vela as the only striker options:eek:

Arshavin can play forward as a striker. So can Walcott (although I have no idea when he's coming back because he's been out for months).

Arshavin -- Eduardo

Nasri---Cesc---Song---Rosicky/Eboue

Gibbs (Clichy out til Jan?)--Vermaelan--Gallas--Sagna

Subs--
Ramsay
Vela
Eboue
Wilshere
??????

We are a dangerously thin team right now, incapable of challenging Chelski or holding on to a Top 4 spot. And, of course, we have a ton of critical matches both in the League and in Carling Cup and CL....

Can we gut it out somehow til the transfer window opens in January?

We will undoubtedly be in the market for a striker...who are some options? We need experience, not youth....Trezeguet maybe? Pavlychenko from sp*rs :thefinger: Who else?

*Strangeness from RvP* :dunno:
Van Persie visiting Serbian healer
Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie is set to try an unorthodox method of treatment in a desperate bid to speed up his recovery from an ankle injury.
Van Persie's former team-mate Danko Lazovic has experienced the Serbian housewife's healing powers first-hand.

The Dutchman will have placenta rubbed into the damaged area by a Serbian housewife who successfully healed a former Feyenoord team-mate Danzo Lazovic.

Van Persie is expected to fly out to Belgrade on Tuesday, with the backing of manager Arsene Wenger, to seek the services of Mariana Kovacevic - who has a reputation for drastically speeding up the recovery times of those she treats.

Lazovic, now of PSV, visited the housewife last month after suffering a hamstring injury that was expected to rule him out for five weeks. But after having the placenta fluid rubbed into the affected area, the Serbian striker returned to action after just one week out.

"She is vague about her methods but I know that she first massages you for a long time with placenta fluid," Van Persie said. "I am going to give it a try.

"It can't do any harm and if it helps, it helps. I've been in contact with Arsenal's chief physio about it. The club has allowed me to have this treatment done."

Van Persie, who ruptured ligaments in his right ankle during a friendly against Italy last weekend, decided to take drastic action after two separate doctors in Holland both told the striker he faces at least six weeks out.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=699533&sec=england&cc=5901

Arsenal are currently on pace to score 124 goals this season!! :eek: :bowdown: Would that be a new record? Considering that The Goons got rid of Adebayor, how is this goal surge possible? (Answer: Le Professeur has refined Cruyff's Total Football concept and MADE IT WORK)

Obviously with RvP and Bendtner out for a couple of weeks, I think we'll slip off the pace, but hey, maybe the Goons will hit 100+ this season?

I guess spuds of the 60s were the last premiership team to score over 100 for a season. Barca put 105 in the net last season.....

:thefinger:

ed007

Banned
i take it you are an Arsenal fan? good choice. they are a great team. i don’t really support any team i’m just a fan of good football so naturally i like to watch north london’s finest and the most entertaining team to watch in the premiership.

i also really respect the fact that wenger doesn't really compete at the top end of the transfer market spending ridiculous money on footballers that can't possibly match their price tags. he is the master of finding and nurturing young talent and selling them on at a huge profit. all managers should be forced to do the same to some degree.

for the last few years the gunners seem to start having injury problems in the run up to christmas then wenger being wenger doesn’t spend enough in the transfer window and they end up second or third in the league. not bad but it’s all about winning trophies.

Arsenal are currently on pace to score 124 goals this season!! :eek: :bowdown: Would that be a new record?

i don’t think they will score that many. i believe the current record is just over 100. but if they are still on track at the beginning of the new year who knows. :2 cents:

what did you make of the hand of the frog?

what did you make of the hand of the frog?

I think he did it because he has fallen off the pedestal of World Football Giants once he moved to Barca. He did it as a "last grasp" :rolleyes: to recapture his fame and stature. He can't score the winning goal anymore, so he has to resort to a trick to garner fame, basically...

He shouldn't even be on the team anymore. He has already done it all for Les Bleus. Domenech is a doosh and only plays his favorites.

Arsenal are currently on pace to score 124 goals this season!! :eek: :bowdown: Would that be a new record? Considering that The Goons got rid of Adebayor, how is this goal surge possible? (Answer: Le Professeur has refined Cruyff's Total Football concept and MADE IT WORK)

Obviously with RvP and Bendtner out for a couple of weeks, I think we'll slip off the pace, but hey, maybe the Goons will hit 100+ this season?

I guess spuds of the 60s were the last premiership team to score over 100 for a season. Barca put 105 in the net last season.....

:thefinger:

Cruyff's total football DID work, why the hell do you think he has so many trophies under his name? Besides Arsenal only play great football according to the English who don't look outside their league. But to the rest of the world it looks like a B Grade Barcelona, too mechanical and no flair. And I'm an Arsenal fan.

I think he did it because he has fallen off the pedestal of World Football Giants once he moved to Barca. He did it as a "last grasp" :rolleyes: to recapture his fame and stature. He can't score the winning goal anymore, so he has to resort to a trick to garner fame, basically...

He shouldn't even be on the team anymore. He has already done it all for Les Bleus. Domenech is a doosh and only plays his favorites.

what? You do realize he was part of probably the most potent frontline in football history that was himself, Eto'o and Messi. They scored 100 goals last season. something like 40 goals more than the entire Man u squad. He won a treble. That's not falling off the football giant pedastal. There is football outside England, that actually looks better you know. Not just kick and run.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
The draws for the Champions and Europa League got made today...

Champions League

Stuttgart v Barcelona
Olympiakos v Bordeaux
Inter Milan v CHELSEA
Bayern Munich v Fiorentina
CSKA Moscow v Seville
Lyon v Real Madrid
FC Porto v ARSENAL
AC Milan v MAN UTD

Europa League

Rubin Kazan v Hapoel Tel Aviv
Athletic Bilbao v Anderlecht
FC Copenhagen v Marseille
Panathinaikos v Roma
Atletico Madrid v Galatasaray
Ajax v Juventus
Club Brugge v Valencia
Fulham v Shakhtar Donetsk
Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni
Hamburg v PSV Eindhoven
Villarreal v Wolfsburg
Standard Liege v Salzburg
FC Twente v Werder Bremen
Lille v Fenerbahce
Everton v Sporting
Hertha Berlin v Benfica

Round of 16 draw:

Hamburg/PSV Eindhoven v Athletic Bilbao/Anderlecht
Rubin Kazan/Hapoel Tel Aviv v Villarreal/Wolfsburg
Atletico Madrid/Galatasaray v Everton/Sporting
Hertha Berlin/Benfica v FC Copenhagen/Marseille
Panathinaikos/Roma v Standard Liege/Salzburg
Lille/Fenerbahce v Liverpool/Unirea Urziceni
Ajax/Juventus v Fulham/Shakhtar Donetsk
Club Brugge/Valencia v FC Twente v Werder Bremen

Finally I'll get some decent football to watch for a change :1orglaugh

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk
The draws for the Champions and Europa League got made today...

Champions League

Stuttgart v Barcelona
Olympiakos v Bordeaux
Inter Milan v CHELSEA
Bayern Munich v Fiorentina
CSKA Moscow v Seville
Lyon v Real Madrid
FC Porto v ARSENAL
AC Milan v MAN UTD

my guess is:
Barcelona, Bordeaux, Inter, Fiore, Seville, Madrid, Porto and Milan

the champion will be either Inter or Porto, IMO.

:2 cents:

What a dud this transfer window oppty is turning out to be. No deals of any real significance thus far.

If The Goons don't pull the trigger on a deal soon it will be too late to bother. There are huge matches coming up and there won't be time to integrate a big signing to factor into any of those games.

I can't believe Wenger is going to roll the dice on whether or not Bendtner can play. Even if he comes back next week, he won't be match fit. He'd maybe be the 3rd option (Arshavin, Eduardo then Bendtner).

Besides, why not sign a striker. Who's to say than any of our strikers will ever play a full season...might as well buy the insurance of another player....

I guess Fulham is probably in the market for a Dempsey replacement....

The U.S. World Cup team has been shredded with injuries....they might win 1 game in the group stage.