• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball

UCLA is horrible and that's just unacceptable. They're suppose to be one of the best basketball programs in the country. I thought they played basketball in California?

UNC lost all of their players and they're still a top 10 team. I guess basketball is a east coast thing?

Hey isn't the new mexico Lobos a big surprise this year and texas tech both could still be undefeated when they play on Dec 29

^
Hmm...it appears we debuted a transfer from UNC Charlotte who might actually be a stud? We also have a UNC transfer---Alex Stephenson who appears to have a little skill too..

That is a somewhat shocking score :eek::thefinger

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
^
Hmm...it appears we debuted a transfer from UNC Charlotte who might actually be a stud? We also have a UNC transfer---Alex Stephenson who appears to have a little skill too..

That is a somewhat shocking score :eek::thefinger

Well this could turn out to be a great season for the Trojans:thumbsup:

turtle825

Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!
My upset pick of this weekend: Wichita State over #20 Texas Tech

What did I tell ya? An 85-83 upset win by the Shockers over Texas Tech.

Other stunning upsets that occured:

Old Dominion over #11 Georgtown (61-57)
Richmond over #13 Florida (56-53)
Georgia over Illinois (70-67)

turtle825

It may be too early to tell, but it looks like the Texas Longhorns have that Championship-caliber look right now, given their impressive victory over UNC yesterday.

It's possible to show you're capable of being in the national championship game, possible to show you're good enough to win it all. And that's exactly what the Longhorns showed Saturday during their 103-90 victory over North Carolina that drew 38,052 fans, among them former President George W. Bush, who after all these years finally found those weapons of mass destruction.

Turns out, they belong to Rick Barnes, and they were used to destroy UNC.

Armed with that deep and talented roster, Barnes decided to run as much as possible, play as fast as possible, use as many bodies as possible and go at UNC for every second of every minute. The idea, obviously, was that it would tire the Tar Heels, make them huff and puff more than they're used to huffing and puffing. Then Texas could pull away in the final eight minutes and improve to 10-0.

On this day, it ranked off the charts. As did Texas in general. And that's why Barnes, though guarded and careful like any coach, is no longer hiding from the reality that this might be the best team he's ever assembled, perhaps better than the team he took to the 2003 Final Four.

It may be too early to tell, but it looks like the Texas Longhorns have that Championship-caliber look right now, given their impressive victory over UNC yesterday.

It's possible to show you're capable of being in the national championship game, possible to show you're good enough to win it all. And that's exactly what the Longhorns showed Saturday during their 103-90 victory over North Carolina that drew 38,052 fans, among them former President George W. Bush, who after all these years finally found those weapons of mass destruction.

Turns out, they belong to Rick Barnes, and they were used to destroy UNC.

Armed with that deep and talented roster, Barnes decided to run as much as possible, play as fast as possible, use as many bodies as possible and go at UNC for every second of every minute. The idea, obviously, was that it would tire the Tar Heels, make them huff and puff more than they're used to huffing and puffing. Then Texas could pull away in the final eight minutes and improve to 10-0.

On this day, it ranked off the charts. As did Texas in general. And that's why Barnes, though guarded and careful like any coach, is no longer hiding from
:helpme:
the reality that this might be the best team he's ever assembled, perhaps
better than the team he took to the 2003 Final Four.

Do you really believe a 13 point victory in a home court scenario was a "destruction" of UNC? Especially since Texas was the higher ranked team. I'll take a few early season losses anytime after losing national championship caliber players to the NBA in exchange for 2 national championships in 5 years. GO HEELS!

turtle825

Some intriguing games for tonight:

#9 Michigan St. @ #2 Texas
#16 Butler @ UAB
Texas A&M @ #19 Washington

The upsets I see here: UAB over Butler and Texas A&M over Washington.

Kansas seems slightly overrated to me. I've watched them about 4 or 5 times now, and they just don't seem to be jelling. If they can play up to their potential, they're the best team, and it's not even close. Clearly the most talented team.

Maybe I was a bit hasty in throwing dirt on the carcass of USC Hoops.....

Maybe my Trojans aren't so shitty afterall..:thefinger

...thank you Kevin O'Neill :bowdown

8-4 is not bad at all...

Maybe I was a bit hasty in throwing dirt on the carcass of USC Hoops.....

Maybe my Trojans aren't so shitty afterall..:thefinger

...thank you Kevin O'Neill :bowdown

8-4 is not bad at all...

Its sure better than UCLA. Its about time Howland realized his best lineup is: Lee Roll Honeycutt Dragovic Nelson

I'm still traumatized from seeing the leg break from Texas A&M @ UW.
At least the UW players visited Donald Sloan in the hospital, but that injury was brutal.

I'll be back in this thread once Pac 10 conference play starts
Go Purple Be Gold!!!!!!

turtle825

The Northwestern Wildcats are in the AP Top 25 after a 40-year absence - I expect them to be even more dangerous next year when Kevin Coble and Jeff Ryan return to the team from their medical reshirt seasons.