• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
Summary of the day:

Poor Australians: the ref robbed the aussies a good chance to beat Italy. It is hard to lose a match, but to lose a match like that is horrible. Italy from my point of view plays a very borring defensive game style. But they will definitely win against the Ukraine.

Ukraine vs. Switzerland was the worst game during this tournament so far. And I also have to say that the Ukraine is one of the worst quarter finalists ever in World Cup history. They had only one convincing game...against Saudi-Arabia. The other games were really poor and also in my ranking of the worst games in the tournament. They had an easy group that's the reason why they made it so far. I'm a little bit sorry for the Swiss because they have shown a little bit more during the tournament. Great fight against France!

A word to the game: Holland-Portugal: from my point of view the referee was very good. Both teams did not deserve to play in the 2nd round as they played yesterday. Brutal game by both teams, perhaps a little bit more by the Dutch. Best man on the field was the referee.:ban:

I was just watching the replay of the Italian player getting sent off, I was amazed at this: (hope everyone noticed, otherwise I hope you have the means of watching the replay) When Materazzi tries to tackle the Australian forward he actually gets to hit (quite heavily I must say) his own player. WAIT that's not the amazing thing! The amzing thing was that the italian defender stood up as if nothing had happened,and believe me I have seen similar tackles done and the player being fouled would roll over the lenght of the pitch and physios having almost needing to use a defibrilators to get the player up and running! Its amazing how much play acting goes on in football!!!! When its your own player "fouling" you, you get up and get on with it, if it's an opposing player you go down as if lighting just struck you!....ha ha ha :glugglug:

I know its a day late but I was busy...Just wanted to say Congrats To Portugal the game was a bit rough but the better team won...Portugal England should be a great game...hope the result is the same as the Euro 2004...with a Portugal win

sonny forelli said:
Ukraine v Switzerland=shite boring match :sleep:
I must agree with you :(
now, Italy has good chances of going through the half-finals...

I'm praying for France, I wish the luck to be with Zidane, Henry & Trezeget :bowdown:

I also hope Brazil-Ghana will be a tie match but without really believing in that :o
It would be so much amazing to see Brazil get defeated by an African team :thumbsup:

I have to say Congratulations to Italy for his "magnificient" classification. They play as ever and classify as ever. A win by 1-0 with the goal in the last minute and by penalty.... This is the italian way of winning. And moreover the spanish referee helps them with the penalty. Now you can see what kind of referees we have in Spain... and he is one of the "best"... Maybe he helps them because tonight an italian ref. will "control" the Spain-France game.

Am I correct in thinking that Switzerland are the first team in World Cup history to be eliminated without conceading a goal.

0-0 with France
2-0 over Togo
2-0 over Korea
0-0 with Ukraine

hey Satyr, the difference between Aussie Football and Italian football, is we play on our feet, not on our faces. how much did it cost your country to get the ref to make that ludicrous decision?

Lucas Neill was stupid to dive in thus giving the Ref the chance to make the mistake. I find it ironic that Lucas Neill's least bone crunching challenge put Australia out of the World Cup.

Lucas Neill was doing his job and that was defending the goal, and yes it was premature but he dissengaged as soon as his ass was flat on the ground. the "penalty" was a blatant feign, if the Italian guy really was tripped, his left leg WOULDNT have been more erect than peter north's dick and his amrs wouldnt have been flapping around like a drowning albatross, and also, there was a clear passage around Neill, and the Italian guy had plenty of time to get past Neill and take a shot. to try and give that penalty decision any merit at all, is sheer ignorance to the rules of the game and also a massive disrespect

All the refs on the world cup are as blind as moles or don't understand the rules...

Ivanov, that english ref (don't remember his name) & the ref in Australia vs Italy are prime examples of the best they have to offer (when it comes to refs)...

And still they say Colina has to retire (& is retired now) because he's too old >.<...

thats bullcrap, our entire Cricket team is made up of relics, but i guess there is less running around = less chance of broken hips

this is why i play Cricket and Rugby Union, when you get hit, YOU GET HURT!!!

when the Oscars nominations come around, that Italian guy has my vote

WC 2006 is full of horrible refs.
First, Italy did not deserve the victory.
Australia was definitely robbed.
Secondly, Switzerland vs. Korea was completely a joke.
Thirdly, The United States was also robbed against Italy.
Frouth, Tunisia was also a victim of bad refs.

WC 2002 was better than 2006, although many I didn't like WC 2002.

was it in the Australia vs Croatia game where a Croatian guy got 3 yellow cards and wasnt sent off? or a Croatian guy got a red card and didnt go off or something?

Let me ask something: It was just me or Switzerland team gave the image who didnt trained penalties shoot outs. The way he did shoot it was like never did it, getting space of out of the area, running as mads and kicking in the middle on the goal. I could be wrong, but I think they didnt think they would need it and didnt trained. Anyone see it too?

Brazil! Brazil! Brazil! Woooohoooo Just one hour and a half ... :D