• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
The game back in Pele's day was a lot more physical. So I feel that the physicality cancels itslef out in comparison to the pace and pressure of the modern game.

Germany are playing brilliant offensive football, but there defenders look weak against balls played into the feet of strikers.

jumbo_jim said:
The game back in Pele's day was a lot more physical. So I feel that the physicality cancels itslef out in comparison to the pace and pressure of the modern game.

Germany are playing brilliant offensive football, but there defenders look weak against balls played into the feet of strikers.

Back in the day, when TV coverage wasn't that big, players wouldn't take 9 meters from the balls in a free kick, they'd take like 4-5 meters and the players would still manage to score amazing goals. Back then only amazinglly skilled players could score from free kicks. The best players were formed in rough conditions.

Domenech is leaving Trezegoal on the bench again... I just dont get that guy.

and on that note, Happy birthday to Zidane and Barthez. :thumbsup:

darkman

Retired Moderator
TheSatyrIcon said:
Ghana just looked a bit lost without Essian...
But Brazil danced around them, and destroyed the off-side trap...

Brasil!
:thumbsup:

The Satyr Icon
Robinho will be in the next game and I hope we make more goals than today's game...:cool:

France - Oh my god they did it, they beat Spain, who many bet on for going a lot further than this. They didn't score in 6 consecutive World Cup matches but they managed to score 3 against the steel defense of Casillas and Puyol. Applause.

Spain - They played very well throughout the whole tournament but their finishing wasnt good enough.
Even when they beat Ukraine 4-0, one goal was from a free kick, another from a penalty and after that Ukraine was broken, they were no match.
Even when they beat Tunisia 3-1, it took them about 70 minutes to score the first goal and then Tunisia lost hope so they scored 2 more, one of them, again, from a penalty.
And today, what happened? they played good, they were better even for the most of the game but their only goal came from a penalty shot. I don't think Barthez had to deal with any real danger all match long.

Ribery - Before the World Cup I've never seen him play and I was disappointed by the first 3 matches but finally he has shown me what he can do. I know he was known for being a bad boy, but so was Guti and he grew up, maybe Ribery has a bright future infront of him.

Vieira - After a weak season at Juventus many people said he was over the hill. Today he faced his replacement in Arsenal, Cesc Fabregas, and he showed us all who is the man behind France.
when France played Togo he had one goal and one assist, today he had one goal and one assist. Without this defensive midfielder with extrordinary abilities to run forward, France wouldn't even have made it to the second round.

Zidane and Henry - Great goal by Zidane today but these were generally weak for the entire tournament and they arent the ones who need to carry France forward.

Puyol - A man every player fears when his team faces Barcelona but for some crazy reason he has made mistakes (notice the plural) in this cup. This is witch-craft, I tell ya!

Gallas - Poor guy, took a shot to the nuts from Marcos Senna.

Last edited:
The best team lost. Arrogones cost Spain the match by removing Raul from his marking of Makalele. Removing Villa was his biggest mistake though.

jumbo_jim said:
The best team lost. Arrogones cost Spain the match by removing Raul from his marking of Makalele. Removing Villa was his biggest mistake though.

Arrogones is obnoxious, the only plus side of Spain losing is that I won't see him anymore.
When Vieira accidently slapped/punched/whatever Torres and he fell Arrogones yelled something at him and Makelele and Vieira started yelling back... it's not by accident that the dark skinned players got pissed at him, the guy is a racist.

I didnt understand how France could possibly lose to anyone since they have Thuram and Gallas as defenders (from Juventus and Chelsea, 2 teams with best defense in the world), Makelele and Juventus (again Juve and Chelsea, 2 best defensive midfielders in the world) and they COULD have Trezeguet and Henry as strikers. Today Vieira and Makelele demonstrated how they could absolutely take over midfiels and force Spain to go to the wings, and if you watch Spain's previous games they played through the middle. Spain just wasnt able to develope their game.

Wow! For that I didnt expect!!!! Sad... I was hoping Spain win it. :(
Hate France.... Well... We gonna revenge spain! I dont like France's team :mad:

Come France... Zidane, the quarters will be your last weak game... He did the goal and made 2 good plays, but was poorly in the game. And Henry didnt show why the title. Well... This quarter will have a taste of revenge to Brazil either, after France '98 that friendly after wasnt enough to revenge us. Just a high score will do it. They'll gonna eat grass. :D:D

THE QUARTER-FINALS ARE SET!!!!

Let the cream rise to the top!

Good Luck everyone!

:thumbsup:

The Satyr Icon

praf0312 said:
Wow! For that I didnt expect!!!! Sad... I was hoping Spain win it. :(
Hate France.... Well... We gonna revenge spain! I dont like France's team :mad:

Come France... Zidane, the quarters will be your last weak game... He did the goal and made 2 good plays, but was poorly in the game. And Henry didnt show why the title. Well... This quarter will have a taste of revenge to Brazil either, after France '98 that friendly after wasnt enough to revenge us. Just a high score will do it. They'll gonna eat grass. :D
I was very nervous about this france-spain but they finally did it and ribery scored for his first time :thumbsup:
The french team is now a serious outsider for the worldcup and brazil-france will be an awesome match even if we loss, it would still be a good remake of '98 and loosing against brazil sounds different from usual teams, it's more like playing a final !

We gonna win, we have the power ! :thefinger

Probably be wrong but I predict the semi finalists to be Italy, Argentina, Brazil and Portugal.

I hope they are Italy, Germany, Portugal and Brazil.

jumbo_jim said:
Probably be wrong but I predict the semi finalists to be Italy, Argentina, Brazil and Portugal.

I hope they are Italy, Germany, Portugal and Brazil.

I predict Italy, Germany, England and Brazil.

I hope they are Italy, Argentina (although I wont be sad if its Germany, i love them both), Portugal and France.

In Semi-final, Im hope have a Portugal, cause Im portuguese either, and in the final I wonder a Brazil x Argentina, it never happened, well, at least I don't remember it.

Against Ghana Brazil broke more 2 records. Ronaldo is higher scorer in cups, 15 goals in cups, and Cafú is the play who have more victory in cups, 16 victories. Sad, if Japan against scored 21 minutes later Dida could beat the 591 minutes mark without taking goals.

praf0312 said:
In Semi-final, Im hope have a Portugal, cause Im portuguese either, and in the final I wonder a Brazil x Argentina, it never happened, well, at least I don't remember it.

Against Ghana Brazil broke more 2 records. Ronaldo is higher scorer in cups, 15 goals in cups, and Cafú is the play who have more victory in cups, 16 victories. Sad, if Japan against scored 21 minutes later Dida could beat the 591 minutes mark without taking goals.
Ronaldo records won't go higher, they gonna loose 3-0 again against France and he will take his retreat before zidane, so bored :D

Where the FUCK are the games?

I hate lulls in tournaments ...

Does anyone know any good games on youtube to watch in the meantime?

The Satyr Icon

I hope for Argentina, England, and Ukraine (I don't have a fav. between Brazil and France).

I'm predicting Argentina, Portugal, Italy and Brazil.

Too bad that Spain lost yesterday.

And btw, van der Sar is the best keeper that is or has been on the tournament. There's noone as constant and trustable as he is.

Last edited:
praf0312 said:
Thas a untrue commentary. Brazilian Soccer is most likely with Spain, Argentina, Italy, Neatherlands and African Teams with the ball in their foot, when Germany is more likely with old european soccer style long and high balls flying away all the field, I dont like that kind of soccer, I respect it, but dont like to watch.

I still saying as I did since the beggining of the cup, the new teams show that could beat all the big teams, played wonderfully in defense (especially Switzerland) and middle-field, but still missing a good offensive, when its time to score the play, they fail. Still trying strongs and longs kicks. (Like Australia, Switzerland, et cetera)

It should be yes, but I haven't seen much of it except for the game against Japan.

BTW, about Australia, I really like to see them play. They didn't really use the long ball tactics. They played with power, passion and a lot of joy. I'm still waiting to see that back in Brazil this tournament. Just look at Ronaldinho so far, where's the star of Barcelona? I haven't seen him like that so far, and that's a pity. Maybe they're doing this on purpose and saving up their powers for the last matches.