• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
CONTROVERSY!
That was a rather lousy non-call when Japan scored that goal in the first half against Australia...

But is Australia as thuggish as they play? Japan seems quite zippy with the ball....they are fast!

The Satyr Icon

3 - 1 Australia beats Japan

3 goals in about 8 minutes for Australia!

CAHILL!CAHILL!CAHILL!
2 goals, and the go ahead goal in the 89th minute! OFF THE BENCH!

I was totally shocked to see not only the equalizer, but to see Thug Life Australia pound in 2 more goals!

Poor Japan...yes, their goal shouldn't have been, but those are the breaks, but they showed some good skills....maybe against smaller opponents they can score?

I'm off to see the next game (on ESPN - the ocho)!

The Satyr Icon

Just to let you guys know, Australia 3 defeated Japan 1, i call it before the game. I tell you what Australia looked the goods and had so many attacking chanes throughout the game. I think they have a very good chance of drawing with Brazil and then beating Croatia to advance through in second position and make it through to the finals. Tim Chaill scored two amazing goal and then Joh Aloisi scored a great goal taking on 2 defenders and beating the keeper!
Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Go Australia

darkman

Retired Moderator
TheSatyrIcon said:
3 - 1 Australia beats Japan

3 goals in about 8 minutes for Australia!

CAHILL!CAHILL!CAHILL!
2 goals, and the go ahead goal in the 89th minute! OFF THE BENCH!

I was totally shocked to see not only the equalizer, but to see Thug Life Australia pound in 2 more goals!

Poor Japan...yes, their goal shouldn't have been, but those are the breaks, but they showed some good skills....maybe against smaller opponents they can score?

I'm off to see the next game (on ESPN - the ocho)!

The Satyr Icon
That was a great game... I thought Japan was win the match easily... I was wrong... Most people in Brazil said that Australia would lose the 3 matches !!! Well... they've won one of them :fight:

I knew Hiddink could do it, even if just barely.

I thougt the Czech USA game is 30 minutes earlier than it really is so I had to watch the commentators talk for about 30 minutes and omg, it's so much bullshit, they literally drained my ability to stay focused on tv, I feel so exhausted after abosrbing so much blah. I'm surfing the board now trying to find the strength to watch the game.

i enjoyed watching the australia v japan match.. lots of action in the second half!

cant wait for the two games tonight...

chech v. usa
italia v. ghana

im picking the chech's to go far... just like in euro 04'

I think I can sum up the Czech American game in 3 words: Nedved and Rosicky. Brilliant game by both of them and the rest of the Czech team. Except their offside trap, the Americans couldn't get anything right.

Czech Republic beat USA 3-0 with goals from Koller and Rosicky.

3-0 Czechs over USA...
I wonder if all that talk about Kasey Keller being the best goalie (at least on ESPN) stops; I'm not the best soccer fan (I show up only for the World Cup) but I know that if you are the best goalie, you don't choke and let in goals in. every. match. you're. in.
And the US looked basically out of sorts and just didn't click.
But playing against better compitition like the Czechs willl do that!

The Satyr Icon

Calm said:
I think I can sum up the Czech American game in 3 words: Nedved and Rosicky. Brilliant game by both of them and the rest of the Czech team. Except their offside trap, the Americans couldn't get anything right.

Czech Republic beat USA 3-0 with goals from Koller and Rosicky.

Nedved is pure class..looks like a big girl though:ban:

Calm said:
I knew Hiddink could do it, even if just barely.

I had to watch the commentators talk for about 30 minutes and omg, it's so much bullshit

I personally can't stand some of the English commentators.
The Peter Drury/David Pleat combination make me want to run outside and jump under a bus, whilst Jonothan Pearce sounds like an air-raid siren that is losing it's tune.

Last edited:
TheSatyrIcon said:
3-0 Czechs over USA...
I wonder if all that talk about Kasey Keller being the best goalie (at least on ESPN) stops; I'm not the best soccer fan (I show up only for the World Cup) but I know that if you are the best goalie, you don't choke and let in goals in. every. match. you're. in.
And the US looked basically out of sorts and just didn't click.
But playing against better compitition like the Czechs willl do that!

The Satyr Icon

Keller? best in the world? Ha, no, ESPN can keep talking but there are so many goalies out there that are by far better than he is. Heck, he isn't even top 10, IMO.

Italy vs Ghana starting.
I'm kinda sad Totti is playing since I won't get to see my Del Piero play much.
Bah, Go Italy.

Sad thing is, not only 4 great teams were drawn in the same group but the team the ends up second will have to face Brazil.

It took them 11 corners, a freekick by Totti and a shot to the woodwork by Toni but the Italians lead 1-0 at half time with a goal from Pirlo.
Pretty even half so far and a good match, Ghana were good and can make a come-back.

yeah, I could really do without all the shit talking. The American comentators are tools. But it's pretty sad, I guess it's good that at least Someone cares about the US team.

Im still rooting for them and they really are the underdogs, I think keller did as good as he could have with what he had to work with. some of those shots were just perfect, they would have gotten past almost any other team. Our strikers werent bad either, they put in some good effort and some shots were lost just to chance. But i'll say it honestyly the defense was a let down, they cost it. and I can't say anything bad about czech, they played better and they deserved the win.

I think this bracket has been the most surprising and enjoyable one to watch of the cup so far.

Calm said:
It took them 11 corners, a freekick by Totti and a shot to the woodwork by Toni but the Italians lead 1-0 at half time with a goal from Pirlo.
Pretty even half so far and a good match, Ghana were good and can make a come-back.

It seems to be a very even game; Italy is obviously world reknown class, but Ghana is holding tuff, making excellent runs capped off by just off the mark strikes...

About USA soccer:
Why all the "OMG we rock" media coverage? I could understand it if they were talking about women's soccer, but frankly....all that Keller talk was both High and Drunk talk. The way the team played, the woman's team woulda run rampant on them, especially with their best squad; Mia Hamm 2 goals and the women win 4-1, with that sole men's goal coming from an own goal.

The men play Italy next and thats a loss there, and I think Ghana can score on them. Thanks USA, I hope you at least partook upon beer and sausage in your World Cup 2006 tank job!

The Satyr Icon
*hopes the words get the Americans riled up to score and win a game!*

on, that note... some amazing shots by Italy and ghana is making them fight for it. Finally some Life in this tournament.

Satyr, lol, that is your team you're talking about there. Personally I think that even qualifying for the World Cup is an acheivment. USA happened to get drawn in a hard group, that's just unlucky. Could have been worse, you could have had Iran in your group. That would have been fun!

Central America is an easy group, all of it. Only Mexico is tough and USA managed to beat them, if I recall correctly.
I want to see the US qualify from a tough European group and see them keep their 5th position (by Fifa's rankings).
I don't get what's this hype about USA, most of their players are completely unknown outside USA and their biggest achievment is the Quarter-Final. Maybe if they were a team with a great roster and tradition like Spain I'd count them as something but so far they are the underdogs in their group, proven by their poor match today.
I have nothing against the American team, I just want the hype to stop.

Rosicky goals were sheer brilliance.

Ghana were brutal. Haven't laughed as much in a long time as I did at Kuffor's tackle when the offside was called to prevent a 1-on-1.

However the Aussies booted the Japanese of the park. Glad to see tackle's happen in a game of football, nut why weren't Japan awarded a pen just after Aussie's equalised when Cahill savaged the boy in the box. This would also have resulted in Cahill being sent off. Glad the Aussies won though.