• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
jumbo_jim said:
So I take it Giuly has changed his mind then, because after not making the initial squad he said he would turn down any call up as he was not first choice.

As for Cisse, I think he is a good player who was just starting to find a bit of form for Liverpool and could have been a great player for France coming from the bench.

Is it the same leg as he damaged last time?

Giuly was just mad and wanted to make it seem like he doesn't want to join the nationl team, the same as the NT doesn't want him. I doubt any player in the world wouldn't want to play in the world cup, especially since Giuly is in his prime and it's his first time (unless I'm mistaken).

and yeah, it's the same leg.

jumbo_jim said:

As for Cisse, I think he is a good player who was just starting to find a bit of form for Liverpool and could have been a great player for France coming from the bench.

Is it the same leg as he damaged last time?

I'll take the last part first, no as this time the left leg and it was the right before. Or that what it looked like on the scenes this morning on Sky Sports. Plus it's the shin bone that hes broke not both like before.

Cisse was never going to fit into English football or Rafa's way of playing. He has been found to have very poor control, especially his first touch. Also since he broke his leg the first time he's seems to have lost his power in his shots. A lot of his goals have been miss kicks or the goalies made a mistake. Funny thing about this is Giuly is reported to be a target for Liverpool to play on the right side of midfield.

Also latest news Ballack is out of opening game for Germany.

Last edited:
poggy1 said:
You know whats the worst thing about this is. We was just about to get rid of the miss firing striker. Both Marseille and Lyon was talking to Liverpool about buying him. (Damn, again we get struck by bad luck)

Haha that was exactly my second thought after thinking how good it was for France. Although you won't be able to flog him, at least he'll be too injured to play for you.

Liverpool need at least 2 strikers this summer...

********** said:
They're replacing Cisse with Govou instead of asking Giuly or Anelka back. More mistakes. Grrrrrr
I agree with you but now the that dices are definately thrown, the best we have to do is :
wait and see (and pray...) :sleep:

What do you guys think about Spain, how will they do?
They had some VERY poor performances in the friendly matches and no one is even considering them as a threat.
Are they really gonna pull a terrible campaign or do the spanyards still have some cards?

Calm said:
They had some VERY poor performances in the friendly matches and no one is even considering them as a threat.
Are they really gonna pull a terrible campaign or do the spanyards still have some cards?

Spain has a lot of pressure to finally do something at the world cup after many many failures and chokes...I think they year they will make it at least to the quarter finals...

Calm said:

I think if they go Torres and Villa up front they could do some damage. however if they go Raul, I think they may struggle.

Calm said:

I think if they go Torres and Villa up front they could do some damage. however if they go Raul, I think they may struggle.

As for Govou getting called up, I think he is a good player. However think they should have replaced Cisse with Giuly. Would take Govou ahead of Anelka though.

Calm said:

This Spain side is very different to the others of the past. They was full of star players who never gelled together into a team. But this side is a real team and play for each other. I'm in fact so confident they will play well, I've put a bet on them each-way at 33-1.

poggy1 said:
This Spain side is very different to the others of the past. They was full of star players who never gelled together into a team. But this side is a real team and play for each other. I'm in fact so confident they will play well, I've put a bet on them each-way at 33-1.

Where'd you find that. Best price I could see for Spain was 16-1.

If I had got 33-1, then I would have been tempted to take them as my outsiders.

jumbo_jim said:
Where'd you find that. Best price I could see for Spain was 16-1.

If I had got 33-1, then I would have been tempted to take them as my outsiders.

Backed them 4 months ago:D couldn't resist them at them odds for a each-way bet.

Why is everyone going so mad this year and btw england wont win they might be in finals with brazil if not it's argentina. i put a £30 bet that brazil will win :p

********** said:
Because it's the biggest sporting event in the world and the most watched event of any kind in history. 32 billion people (each match total added togehter) will watch the tournament.

Anyway, I have another bellyache.

CRESPO AND SAVIOLA? WTF?

THEY HAVE MESSI AND TEVEZ, and they're going with Crespo and Saviola. well, I know Messi's a bit hurt, but TEVEZ????? ON THE BENCH????????

Peckerman is playing favourites, Saviola's not in the same class... I can't believe it.

Before, I wanted Holland and Ivory Coast and felt bad to root against the maestros of Argentina. But now I don't feel bad at all. Leave all your magic on the bench and you will have a second early exit in as many world cups.

CMON IVORY COAST. KICK THEIR ASS. He can bring Tevez on when they're 0-3 down to a Drogba brace and a Kolo Toure header, and then Tevez can score 2 in the last 10 minutes but not enough to save Argentina, with Peckerman shown the door right after Holland beat them 3-1 in the final game of the group, with Sneijder Robben and Van Der Vaart, back from injuries, bagging the goals.

Lots of Chelsea in Group C. Even Serbia have Mateja Kezman... haha...

After 2002 the odds are Argentina will make it through the group stage and I think that by the time they do Messi will be better and will team up with Crespo or Tevez; if Argentina make it through the group stage they have a real chance at winning this thing, although I doubt they will.

Where is Tevez going this summer? is he going to Chelsea?
if he is every team will be shaking in fear when Shevchenko, Drogba, Crespo, Tevez, Lampard and Ballack come to attack them. Heck, I'd be scared just to have Sheva against me.

********** said:
It's here.

I can't believe it. It's finally that day. Four long years. I haven't really enjoyed one of these things for 12 years. I think this one will be the best ever.

The butterflies are building and I feel like 10 years old again.

Fox

I know what you mean. I haven't been this excited about a game since 98 (only started following football in 95).

World Cup Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody mind if I throw off all my clothes and run around a bit? Tough! I'm gonna do it anyway! Woo hoo!!!!!!