• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
can't wait for the big game later today...c'mon England!!!!:)

ps lovin all the England motiffs in the sigs guys ;)

Argentina vs Ivory Coast tomorrow night... I can't wait.
Possibly the best match of the group stage, maybe except Italy vs Czech Republic.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
A small note of caution folks - while I expect En-ger-land to win, Paraguay aren't muppets. I believe they beat Argentina in qualifying for the finals.....

I'm sorry but I doubt very much that Brazil will win. You know how football is, you ALWAYS lose when you're TOO favorite.
For starters, the players let it get to their head, it's inevitable; also, Brazil isn't THAT better than other teams, only their midfield is (Kaka, Dinho, Emerson, Juninho etc) the best. I'd pick France's strikers over Ronaldo and Adriano any day and Italy's iron defense over some aged defenders and a striker disguised as a defender (Lucio).

********** said:
England 1 Paraguay 0. A pretty pathetic display by England

I think England had an amazing first half, but they were probably dissapointed they didn't get a another goal in the first 45 mins.

The second half was very poor. Taking off Owen and not replacing him with another forward was an extremely bad idea.

Walcott must be thinking Sven doesn't have any faith in him.

om3ga

********** said:
Schweini and Poldi, that's cute.

England 1 Paraguay 0. A pretty pathetic display by England, but then Paraguay are a very difficult team to face. I hated the way they played, and I hated the referee, but most of all I hated England's lack of adventurousness. Does anyone see what I mean now when I say that England will be hard-pressed to defeat the host nation if they fail to win this group.

Of course Paraguay and Costa Rica are worlds apart, but the energy and spirit of Germany was fifty times that of the English, and I put that down... all down... to the coach.

Plus, when there's 2 minutes to go and you want to kill the game, and half your players are exhausted, and there are 10 players on the bench, most of whom have never played in a world cup match and it is their life's dream... MAKE A SUBSTITUTION! Waste 30 seconds and give Theo Walcott a World Cup debut, or Carrick, or Lennon... someone...

Oh well.

Fox
The way England played in the second half, we'd be lucky to beat Sweden....

Christ - that second half was really poor.....:(

Yep, Sven has a lot to answer for. Why would you take off Owen and leave Crouch stranded all alone up the pitch like that??? It's a good thing that he won't be England manager after the world cup, I just feel sorry for Beckham and Owen. They might not have another realistic chance at world cup glory and the way Sven is going this will be another chance wasted.

Sven should stick to what he does best, shagging around and making himself a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Is there anyone on the freeones board that will take this fool out? I will pay good money.

I still don't understand why Owen Hargreaves is even in this squad.

When Sven brought him on things got worse for England.

The man is so inconsistent, I bet Bayern Munich rue the day they bought him.

I don't know, I don't really think that too much has been revealed yet. it's still anyones game. sure england didn't deliver an overwhelming victory, but they still won. considering that paraguay didn't score on them shows that they were keeping a tight game. playing a bit conservativley and not wearing out the star players, some of whom are coming off of injuries, seems like a sensible strategy to me.

No lets some this up as it should be. Sven terrible tatical changes again show why we won't win the world cup. We have a great team, but a useless manager. Also shown today was why Dafoe should have been in the squad and why Crouch shouldn't be. He was supoosed to be the striker when Owen was taken off, but was always in midfield, leaving no outlet when underpressure.

We was poor due to the poor manager again!

72 Minutes in...still scoreless between Sweden - Trinidad AND Tobago!!! If this remains scoreless...does this akin to winning the Cup for TnT?

The Satyr Icon

om3ga

I'm glad for T&T after all the patronising dross being spouted about "how glad they were just to make it to the finals."

Was West Ham happy "just to make it" to the FA Cup final against Liverpool this year? Or for that matter against Arsenal in 1980?
Was Wimbledon happy "just to make it" to their FA Cup final against Liverpool in 1988?
Or Southampton against Man U in 1976?
Or Sunderland against Leeds in 1973?
Or Coventry against Spurs in 1987?

Hell no!
And a note to ITV - Soca Warriors is pronounced "so-ca" Warriors; not "Soccer" Warriors, for crying out loud!!

PS - Soca: A style of music, originating in the West Indies, that is a blend of soul and calypso...

[edit] Since I got Mexico in the World Cup sweep this week, tommorow, I'm gonna be a honourary Mexi-can!!!

Last edited:
Was the ball ALL the way pass the goal line between Ivory Coast - Argentina?
I want the IVC to win!!

The Satyr Icon

om3ga

TheSatyrIcon said:
Was the ball ALL the way pass the goal line between Ivory Coast - Argentina?
I want the IVC to win!!

The Satyr Icon

Oops...!

Argentina 1-0 Ivory Coast (Crespo)

om3ga

Calm said:
I know that Argentina is leading 2-0 but wow, I'm impressed by so many Ivory Coast players.

But you got to admire the Argies' style.....

PS: I hope Sven's watching this too....