• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
International friendly:

England 6-0 Jamaica (result)
F Lampard 11
J Taylor 17 o.g.
P Crouch 29
M Owen 32
P Crouch 67
P Crouch 89

What on earth was going on with old Crouchy? He looked like a class player - my eyes must have been deceiving me.... I thought he took the third well, and was brilliant all game, made as many chances as he took, well played that man! I'm not gonna get optimistic though, dammit I'm English, I don't do optimism

LMFAO at the penalty miss and the robot dance.

Now I better never hear any of you cheeky scousers jibing Henry for only being able to score against crap teams!

om3ga

Other International results:

Czech Republic 3 - 0 Trinidad and Tobago
Luxembourg 0 - 3 Portugal
Macao 0 - 0 Hong Kong

Malaysia 0 - 0 Singapore
(Singapore won 8-7 on penalties)

Poland 1 - 0 Croatia
Spain 2 - 0 Egypt
Switzerland 4 - 1 China PR

Rooney and Crouch. Owen isn't in shape.
If Owen gets to be in the starting 11 (and Rooney will be fit) it's because of his name and not his abilities.

More international friendlies results from friday 06/02:

Germany 3 - 0 Colombia
Liechtenstein 0 - 1 Togo
Sweden 1 - 1 Chile
Angola 2 - 3 Turkey
Tunisia 0 - 0 Uruguay
Italy 0 - 0 Ukraine

:hatsoff: Jackson

Calm said:
Rooney and Crouch. Owen isn't in shape.
If Owen gets to be in the starting 11 (and Rooney will be fit) it's because of his name and not his abilities.

I think you'll find after been out for 8 weeks Rooney will be in the same shape as Owen. Also Owen will always score goals no matter if he's not fully match fit.

Don't get me started on Crouch, yes he's scored 4 goals (as one yesterday was a OG no matter what the goals panel says), but look at the teams he's scored against. Hungry poor at best was the best of them and Jamaica was a team made up of the bottom two leagues teams players here in England.

I didn't think Owen looked too bad against Jamaica, he took his goal well.

How he'll look against sides that aren't completely shit is different entirely... :(

It's a case of do you want an unfit Rooney with a partially fit Owen. With the other options being a fit Crouch, an untested Walcott, Gerrard or J. Cole being moved to a new position just at the start of a major tournament and putting someone new in there position.

om3ga

Sunday, 04 June 2006
International Matches (results)

Brazil 4 - 0 New Zealand
Colombia 2 - 0 Morocco
FYR Macedonia 1 - 0 Turkey
Holland 1 - 1 Australia
Ivory Coast 3 - 0 Slovenia
Japan 1 - 0 Malta
South Korea 1 - 3 Ghana

om3ga said:
Holland 1 - 1 Australia

Heh quite a result for the Ozzies.

Who's that nutter that thinks they're gonna win it, whatshischops ÆGEAN? Might never hear the end of it now, "Look we drew with one of the favourites! We're practically equals now".....
:tongue:

A blessing in disguise if ever there was one, now the French can take another striker who can actually hit the target to the World Cup. Dammit as if their strikeforce wasn't good enough already, they best hindrance gets injured.

Djibril Cisse could be out of the World Cup after suffering a suspected broken leg in France's friendly against China.
Cisse fell awkwardly in a challenge early in the first half of the match in St Etienne on Wednesday night.

The Reds striker missed the majority of the 2004-05 season with a similar injury picked up against Blackburn at Ewood Park.

Coach Raymond Domenech told French television he is concerned Cisse would miss the finals.

"We can't say for certain right now, only that he has gone for tests but given what we've seen, we're worried," he admitted. "For the moment we have no definitive diagnosis but it's a dramatic development for us. We'll check on 'Djib' to see where we are before taking a decision."

You know whats the worst thing about this is. We was just about to get rid of the miss firing striker. Both Marseille and Lyon was talking to Liverpool about buying him. (Damn, again we get struck by bad luck)

poor Cisse, he has been really unlucky yesterday :(
I hope to see Anelka or Guily replacing him...
I think r.Domenech has to do something about p.Viera, he can't play well actualy (wrong position, back from injury...), a little rehandling could be saving..

So I take it Giuly has changed his mind then, because after not making the initial squad he said he would turn down any call up as he was not first choice.

As for Cisse, I think he is a good player who was just starting to find a bit of form for Liverpool and could have been a great player for France coming from the bench.

Is it the same leg as he damaged last time?