• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

TNA (Total Nonstop Action) VS WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)

WHAT WAS OR IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORTE WRESTLING BRAND?

• AWA

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • UWF

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • NWA

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • WCW

Votes: 52 39.4%
  • ECW (BACK IN THE DAY NOT THIS NEW CRAP)

Votes: 64 48.5%

• Total voters
can we merge this thread with this thread?

I basically stopped watching pro wrestling on a regular basis back in mid 2004, and only occasionally watch it now. Personally, the best time to have been a fan was back during the late 1990's. The big three (WWF/WCW/ECW) were all at their apex, had great talent in each respective company, and in the cases of WWF and WCW, heavily competed for ratings each and every Monday night. Which made watching wrestling on Mondays so enjoyable.

By 2000, WWF had clearly won the Monday night wars, and WCW was really starting to show it's mismanagement in some embarrasing ways. ECW as well was starting to show signs of being on the ropes.

2001, Vince purchased both WCW and ECW, and then proceeded to put together one of the most unsatisying angles of all time, which was the Invasion angle. Also, lets not forget Vince was wasting alot of time and effort on the XFL. One of the biggest fuck ups of all time.

The only bright spot during this year, was Austin turning heel and Eric Bischoff's return. That was fucking IT!

2002 brought upon the lackluster nWo/WWE angle, and a Hulk Hogan/Hulkamania return which worked out a shit load better than the nWo angle. Brock Lesnar showed alot of promise as well.

I noticed my interest wasnt what it once was anymore.

2003 ... all I remember is Triple H being champion for months and months after being handed the title by Bischoff, and a pretty good Monday Night RAW match between HHH and Ric Flair.

By 2004, other than Stacy Keibler continuing to hold my attention and wishing my tounge was up her ass, everything else had become very boring to me. I remember Randy orton winning the title, only to have Triple H's Evolution or whatever the fuck they were called, turning on him. Soonafter, I couldnt help but lose alot of interest and started to occasionally watch wrestling from then on out.

:)

Nothing beats when the WWE (WWF at the time) had Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Kurt Angle, Kane, Undertaker, Mankind etc...all at their prime.

The Attitude era was the best time in wrestling, ever!

But today the WWE is terrible. TNA is not great, but at least it more enjoyable then WWE is. That and at least they don't aim to little kids, the way the WWE does.

Nothing beats when the WWE (WWF at the time) had Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Kurt Angle, Kane, Undertaker, Mankind etc...all at their prime.

^ This. I watched WWE 2-3 times a week back then (including the weekend edition) and it was awesome. The storyline was great even if the dialogues were stale at times. The only other time I watched that much wrestling was during the 80's hey day with Hulkster, Macho Man, Honky Tonk Man, Ricky Steamboat, Rick Rude, Hart Foundation, and British Bulldog tearing it up. I highly doubt there'll be another Attitude Era again. Because of the ratings war with WCW WWE actually cared about putting out a quality show every time but not anymore.

I would watch TNA if I had to watch wrestling again, just for Kurt Angle who is the only truly great wrestler left (HHH and HBK = old and washed up). But I don't have time for any TV show right now so I guess I'll keep going back to my Bret Hart and Mick Foley DVDs if I want to see a good match.

The Attitude era was the best time in wrestling, ever!

But today the WWE is terrible. TNA is not great, but at least it more enjoyable then WWE is. That and at least they don't aim to little kids, the way the WWE does.

For real that PG approach is stupid.

I miss ECW back when they had the Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, Raven, etc. The funny thing about the original EC F'ing W was that they were always honest in that they told you when a wrestler was leaving ECW to go to another organization. A wrestler didn't have to lose a title before he left either, he would just throw the belt down and leave. The thing I miss the most about ECW is Joel Gertner and his limericks at the beginning of each show.

Yeah I miss the old ECW.

I have to give some "props" to Konnan and LAX of TNA. When I watched TNA..they and Kurt Angle were the highlights. Too bad TNA didn't have any other tag teams that were interesting rivals for LAX.

Is Konnan still around? I heard he needed hip replacement surgery a couple of years ago and wasn't able to afford to pay for it....

Right now wrestling kinda... well, sucks. Both the WWE and TNA are horribly bland and I can't stand indy wrestling.

I loved the Attitude Era of the WWF, though. It was just so fun to watch it. WCW was also good, at the beginning with the whole huge nWo thing, but it got bland, because they overused it. The best days for me were from 96 up until... around 2002, although there were some ocasional great matches after that.

yea left them out becasue the thread is about them both and both brands are current

Oh, ok I see. I voted WCW. Turning Hulk Hogan into the top heel in the company was absoultely brilliant. Noone saw it coming, and I thought he was much better as a badass than a good guy. The WCW vs NWO days were the best days in wrestling as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, ok I see. I voted WCW. Turning Hulk Hogan into the top heel in the company was absoultely brilliant. Noone saw it coming, and I thought he was much better as a badass than a good guy. The WCW vs NWO days were the best days in wrestling as far as I'm concerned.

wwf vs alliance...best bulid up ever in pro wrestling...and rock vs austin