• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Sports Teams That Should Just Go Away

Los Angeles had over 100 points last season and has one of the best line-up of young players in the history of the NHL.

Cool,what did they do the years proir?I'll answer that for you.They didn't make the playoffs from 02 to 09.

Maybe they are on the rise,but if they were gone,I don't think anyone east of Las Vegas would miss them,but that's just my opinion.

Yes this might be true,but both teams have pretty much sucked for quite a while now

You are right about Bridgeport being racist,but that doesn't make it ghetto.

As for Wrigley,I don't need the media telling me how "special" Wrigley is because I've been there and it's a fucking dirty ass park with plenty of obstructed views.The Cell has probably a grand total of 50 or so seats with any obstructions,and you obviously forgot about the lawsuit filed against the Cubs because of someone getting hit in the head with falling debris from the crumbling stadium.You're just like all of the other Wrigley lovers and looking at the park for what's around it and not what's actually in it.Yeah,the neighborhood it better than the south side's,but the park itself is fucking shit.

Bridgeport is far from ghetto. Whoever says it is might just get their ass kicked by the Bridgeport PD for even hinting at such a claim. I used to work for Aramark, which meant I worked at both the Cell and Wrigley for alternating summers. Wrigley has its share of problem that come with having a stadium that old, but it truly is a very nice park. Are the stands dirty? Yes. Could it be touched up? Perhaps. Are those imperfections part of what makes it classic? Abso-fuckin'-lutely! And it's great!!! You can have that pristine park bullshit... it's a baseball game, not an opera. I love the old-time feel you get from a classic park sitting in the middle of neighborhood. A place where your parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents still recognize amidst an ever changing metropolis.

The Cell has newer ammenities and is a bit cleaner, but it stops there. One thing I hate about the place is it's name. U.S. Cellular or The Cell lacks the hometown cache of Comiskey Park (which I truly miss). The park itself isn't very distinguishable aside from those hideous blue seats. There is a better food variety at the Cell and is even a bit cheaper than Wrigley.

I do remember a time where there was a bit of togetherness b/t the two clubs. The Cubs wore red, white, and blue, and the Sox wore a different shade of the same combo. Comiskey and Wrigley sybolized classic hometown baseball around the majors. No real rivalry, just different sides of the same coin. Then the south-siders started changing things up. Different uni's, Comiskey was gone, and so was the bond b/t the two clubs. It's gotten to the point now that a man I grew up watching on TV as a Cubs fan is not only comfortably living as a traitor, but takes time to purposely and bitterly draw the angst of the Cubs in Steve Stone. It angers me to see the Sox so littered with asshole personnel and douchebag characters. SS, Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams, Ozzie Guillen, A.J. Pierzynski... all representative of what's detestable about sports figures. I wish I didn't feel this way about the Sox. As a Chicagoan I wanna root for everything my city puts out there... but I just can't.

I just can't anymore.

First off, Bridgeport is a great place to be... if you're white. It is notoriously racist and is known for businesses that don't particularly cater to black people. Must we have forgotten the racist bar beating cover-ups just last year. As a south-sider myself, I personally have been denied service in a Bridgeport establishment, so I know what's up. Trust in that.

Secondly, you sound sick if call Wrigley a dump, and you're just ripping off Ozzie Guillen's rant about the subject. Everyone knows Wrigley is an icon in the baseball world, and is without question top 3 ballparks in the US. Baseball fans outside of the Chi couldn't even tell you what the Sox home ballpark is called. Who in the fuck wants to go to The Cell??? Apparently nobody, especially if they have to pay for it. Hell, half of Sox fans still call it Comiskey. Ask anyone not currently in Chicago who played for the Sox in 05', and stare at the blank looks on their faces. After the parade, the talk around town was what's next for the Cubs. Again, if the Sox went away, nobody anywhere outside of IL would really miss them whatsoever.

I've heard Chicago is a really racist town. The minorities fucking love Minneapolis because it is sooooo damn liberal. VERY liberal is an understatement. But Twin Cities ARE the best city(s) in the Midwest, period and we have the best hockey culture in the nation for a large metro. :thefinger People that say Detroit is "hockey city USA" don't know shit about American hockey. St. Paul is the real hockey town of this country.

Cool,what did they do the years proir?I'll answer that for you.They didn't make the playoffs from 02 to 09.

Maybe they are on the rise,but if they were gone,I don't think anyone east of Las Vegas would miss them,but that's just my opinion.

The Kings fill up the Staples Center. Imagine how much revinue the Kings make for their owner and Staples as compared to all those over payed asshole Lakers. It's got to be pretty significant.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Isn't it funny that the only people who don't like Wrigley are White Sox fans? :D To everyone else it's like heaven. Ask some of the non-Cubby fans on here and find out for yourself.

The Kings fill up the Staples Center. Imagine how much revinue the Kings make for their owner and Staples as compared to all those over payed asshole Lakers. It's got to be pretty significant.

I think you're underestimating how much revenue back to back championships can bring in. $60,000 court side seats for 4 games in the Finals. Let alone the best selling jersey on the planet. The Lakers have to be one of the most profitable organizations on the continent.

I think you're underestimating how much revenue back to back championships can bring in. $60,000 court side seats for 4 games in the Finals.

Well that probably has to do with all those pussy celebs like DiCaprio and Nicholson and their expendible income. I know when Gretz was in town the celebs were going to Kings games. I think it has to do with their location to the richest neighborhood on the planet - that being Beverly Hills.

Anyhow, if they are charging that much it probably equals out in the owners pockets when they pay a guy like Kobe 3/yr $90 million. And the weakest player on the team has got to be in the 8 figure salary range as well.

Bridgeport is far from ghetto. Whoever says it is might just get their ass kicked by the Bridgeport PD for even hinting at such a claim. I used to work for Aramark, which meant I worked at both the Cell and Wrigley for alternating summers. Wrigley has its share of problem that come with having a stadium that old, but it truly is a very nice park. Are the stands dirty? Yes. Could it be touched up? Perhaps. Are those imperfections part of what makes it classic? Abso-fuckin'-lutely! And it's great!!! You can have that pristine park bullshit... it's a baseball game, not an opera. I love the old-time feel you get from a classic park sitting in the middle of neighborhood. A place where your parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents still recognize amidst an ever changing metropolis.

The Cell has newer ammenities and is a bit cleaner, but it stops there. One thing I hate about the place is it's name. U.S. Cellular or The Cell lacks the hometown cache of Comiskey Park (which I truly miss). The park itself isn't very distinguishable aside from those hideous blue seats. There is a better food variety at the Cell and is even a bit cheaper than Wrigley.

I do remember a time where there was a bit of togetherness b/t the two clubs. The Cubs wore red, white, and blue, and the Sox wore a different shade of the same combo. Comiskey and Wrigley sybolized classic hometown baseball around the majors. No real rivalry, just different sides of the same coin. Then the south-siders started changing things up. Different uni's, Comiskey was gone, and so was the bond b/t the two clubs. It's gotten to the point now that a man I grew up watching on TV as a Cubs fan is not only comfortably living as a traitor, but takes time to purposely and bitterly draw the angst of the Cubs in Steve Stone. It angers me to see the Sox so littered with asshole personnel and douchebag characters. SS, Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams, Ozzie Guillen, A.J. Pierzynski... all representative of what's detestable about sports figures. I wish I didn't feel this way about the Sox. As a Chicagoan I wanna root for everything my city puts out there... but I just can't.

I just can't anymore.

You can talk all you want about the White Sox but I'm not gonna get into the Cub bashing thing because it is so childish. All I'll say is that I'm happy that I got to see my favorite team win the World Series. The joy of seeing my team win it all is something that I'll never forget and truly one of the greatest moments of my life to witness such a historic moment. I hope that Cubs fans will someday get to experience this because god knows they have waited a long time and it would be such a historic moment.

Wrigley Field is a worldwide known landmark, a national historic treasure, and a living museum for not only baseball but sports in general. It is what it's supposed be to and does what it's supposed to do, have baseball games played there while people watch. Luxuries and concession stands don't a good sports facility make. It could be argued with the exception of the original Coliseum in Rome that it's the greatest and well known sports stadium in the world.

That one place where the White Sox play, whatever the hell they call it now....who cares?

Wrigley Field is a worldwide known landmark, a national historic treasure, and a living museum for not only baseball but sports in general. It is what it's supposed be to and does what it's supposed to do, have baseball games played there while people watch. Luxuries and concession stands don't a good sports facility make. It could be argued with the exception of the original Coliseum in Rome that it's the greatest and well known sports stadium in the world.

That one place where the White Sox play, whatever the hell they call it now....who cares?

Who cares?Well it seems like you do. The issue of the two stadiums keeps coming up and its really stupid because none of it really matters. Instead focus on something that actually matters, like winning ball games.

The French football team. :1orglaugh

You can talk all you want about the White Sox but I'm not gonna get into the Cub bashing thing because it is so childish. All I'll say is that I'm happy that I got to see my favorite team win the World Series. The joy of seeing my team win it all is something that I'll never forget and truly one of the greatest moments of my life to witness such a historic moment.

:glugglug:

Here's the deal.Everyone claims how great Wrigley is,but not one single person that I've EVER heard has EVER given a really good reason as to why,in regards to the actual games that are played there.I keep hearing the same old shit about the bars in the area,or the fucking ivy,or "the old time feel".Not a single reason has anything to do with the game.And if I have to hear anything about "tradition",I'll fucking shit myself.If you like 100+ years of a loser,not to mention some bad Bears teams that played there as well,then you can fucking have it!

I am an admitted and unapologetic Cub hater,but that's not the reason that I hate the stadium.Shit,I'm a White Sox fan through my bones,and the old Comisky Park was a fucking dump too.

People have been spoon fed this bullshit for years and I'm just not falling for it.It's kinda like America Idol.Even though it's one of the highest watched programs on TV,ain't no way in hell you can tell me that it's actually a good show.If you feed people shit long enough,sooner or later,they are gonna think that it actually tastes good.

Here's the deal.Everyone claims how great Wrigley is,but not one single person that I've EVER heard has EVER given a really good reason as to why,in regards to the actual games that are played there.I keep hearing the same old shit about the bars in the area,or the fucking ivy,or "the old time feel".Not a single reason has anything to do with the game.And if I have to hear anything about "tradition",I'll fucking shit myself.If you like 100+ years of a loser,not to mention some bad Bears teams that played there as well,then you can fucking have it!

I am an admitted and unapologetic Cub hater,but that's not the reason that I hate the stadium.Shit,I'm a White Sox fan through my bones,and the old Comisky Park was a fucking dump too.

People have been spoon fed this bullshit for years and I'm just not falling for it.It's kinda like America Idol.Even though it's one of the highest watched programs on TV,ain't no way in hell you can tell me that it's actually a good show.If you feed people shit long enough,sooner or later,they are gonna think that it actually tastes good.

Free view of the ball game from your apartment across the street. :pimpdaddy

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

What did the Sox do between 1906-2005? :dunno: Saying the Kings are a team that deserves to be moved because they had seven years of mediocrity is a little strange coming from a Chicago baseball fan. :tongue:

So why is The Cell so much damn better. Excuse me, but you, or anyone else for that matter has never come up with a reason for US Cellular to be a great ballpark. Entertainment, in-game action, neighborhood or otherwise, but since you need reasons to understand why Wrigley is great, I'll give you some.

1: Most duplicated features in baseball: So many parks copy Wrigleys features that it is fascinating to see the original. It is the most untampered with ballpark in the majors, which is more than a refreshing change from the corporation themed gimmicky stadiums out there.

2: 'When the wind is blowing out...': No place makes for a more exciting players park than Wrigley especially when the wind is blowing out. Any MLB player that's played there will attest to this.

3: A terror for pull power hitters: The only park where it's more difficult to hit a homer down the foul line than to hit one 50 or so feet out in fair territory, because the bleachers protrude into the outfield.

4: Eat what'cha want: It's one of only a few ballparks where outside food is permitted. Not so at The Cell.

5: Swagger: It can't be made-up or bought. Any baseball fan that says they can't see why Wrigley is special is just a hater... plain and simple. Haters hate because they can't relate, and when your favorite club's new ballpark has no swag, the fans get pissy when everyone else comes back raving about the great Wrigley experience.

Need more than that??? Let me know what else you're looking to know, but honestly, there's no sense in me telling you what you already know.

PlasmaTwa2

5: Swagger: It can't be made-up or bought. Any baseball fan that says they can't see why Wrigley is special is just a hater... plain and simple. Haters hate because they can't relate, and when your favorite club's new ballpark has no swag, the fans get pissy when everyone else comes back raving about the great Wrigley experience.

I don't care about Wrigley or ballparks in general. If part of a hundred-year rivalry between two teams is about which ballpark is better then there is something seriously wrong. Guess that makes me a hater. :tongue:

I don't care about Wrigley or ballparks in general. If part of a hundred-year rivalry between two teams is about which ballpark is better then there is something seriously wrong. Guess that makes me a hater. :tongue:

No, but understand that the more popular and classic teams and where they play are connected. Don't try to tell me that Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium don't play a part in the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry, because they do. Besides, its not all about which park is better. The Cell and Wrigley aren't even really comparable being that The Cell does not have the cache or the history Wrigley has.

PlasmaTwa2

No, but understand that the more popular and classic teams and where they play are connected. Don't try to tell me that Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium don't play a part in the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry, because they do. Besides, its not all about which park is better. The Cell and Wrigley aren't even really comparable being that The Cell does not have the cache or the history Wrigley has.

Trust me, I know what the whole stadium pride thing is like. I just don't think it means a lot whole lot. It's a source of pride if your stadium is better or has more history than your rivals', but out of everything in a rivalry the stadium is probably the last thing I would use to brag about. Does it matter? Of course. I take pride knowing that my football team plays in the best stadium in the CFL, even though it has been around since before WWI. But if I am talking to my friend about which one of our team is better, I'm probably not going to say "my stadium is better than your stadium". :2 cents:

Finally someone with some sense in him. I'm a White Sox fan and I dont give a crap if you think Wrigley is better, it simply doesn't matter. All that matters is the product on the field.

Free view of the ball game from your apartment across the street. :pimpdaddy

At a ridiculous cost if you are a renter.Besides,Cubs management is doing and has done quite a bit to prevent a free show.

What did the Sox do between 1906-2005? :dunno: Saying the Kings are a team that deserves to be moved because they had seven years of mediocrity is a little strange coming from a Chicago baseball fan. :tongue:

Bigger fan base.Sorry but the LA Kings thing is just my perspective.The NHL in general isn't doing as good as it should,and with a team like the Kings,I just don't see that one marquee player that they can showcase like a Crosby or Ovechkin,but I guess truth be told,not many teams do have players like that anyway.Again,just my perspective,but the Kings are the 3rd most popular team in CA in the 2nd largest city in the US.Something doesn't seem right about that.

So why is The Cell so much damn better. Excuse me, but you, or anyone else for that matter has never come up with a reason for US Cellular to be a great ballpark. Entertainment, in-game action, neighborhood or otherwise, but since you need reasons to understand why Wrigley is great, I'll give you some.

1: Most duplicated features in baseball: So many parks copy Wrigleys features that it is fascinating to see the original. It is the most untampered with ballpark in the majors, which is more than a refreshing change from the corporation themed gimmicky stadiums out there.

2: 'When the wind is blowing out...': No place makes for a more exciting players park than Wrigley especially when the wind is blowing out. Any MLB player that's played there will attest to this.

3: A terror for pull power hitters: The only park where it's more difficult to hit a homer down the foul line than to hit one 50 or so feet out in fair territory, because the bleachers protrude into the outfield.

4: Eat what'cha want: It's one of only a few ballparks where outside food is permitted. Not so at The Cell.

Need more than that??? Let me know what else you're looking to know, but honestly, there's no sense in me telling you what you already know.

I really don't know what the fuck you are talking about anymore.first of all,I never said that The Cell was "great".I like it but it's really showing it's age now,even with some of the new features that have been added.

Name five stadiums that you could say are duplicated from Wrigley's design,and a brick backstop doesn't count.

For me,The Cell is a better place to watch a game because I CAN ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAME,and not have to worry about a giant I-beam in front of me,or herds of people constantly walking in front of me,because they really don't give a fuck what's going on on the field.

Oh,and you want to talk about "when the wind is blowing out".well guess what,we don't have to wait for the wind because The cell is one of the most hitter friendly parks in the league.I saw a game there some years back where 12 balls flew out of the park.

I'm done talking about it,so you can keep Wrigley,hope you love the shitty food,obstructed view,and crappy team.

Trust me, I know what the whole stadium pride thing is like. I just don't think it means a lot whole lot. It's a source of pride if your stadium is better or has more history than your rivals', but out of everything in a rivalry the stadium is probably the last thing I would use to brag about. Does it matter? Of course. I take pride knowing that my football team plays in the best stadium in the CFL, even though it has been around since before WWI. But if I am talking to my friend about which one of our team is better, I'm probably not going to say "my stadium is better than your stadium". :2 cents:

Agreed,but my frustration comes from the fact that more people are impressed by that shithole when they really shouldn't be.If I had to pick five stadiums in the entire MLB to watch a game in,that I've yet to go to,I would like to visit SF,SD,PIT,COL,and MIL.I don't really like any of those teams one bit,but what I've seen,it looks like they all have great facilities and it's a shame,because I'm an AL guy,but I would pick all those places over any other stadium,including Fenway and Yankees Stadium.