• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Sports Teams That Should Just Go Away

You know, at least the White Sox have won the World Series within the last decade, let alone this past CENTURY!!
I'd say Sox can stay. I'm not happy to say all of this. It's just true.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
St. Louis Browns

Yeah, I agree. Since Paige left and Veeck sold the team, it has been junk. They should move back to Milwaukee or something, or go to a team that deserves a major league team, like Baltimore.

Have to agree with the Pirates. Like the Royals, however, the Marlins do have a world championship, as much as it pains me to say that. I can't stomach watching Marlins highlights on ESPN only to see five people in the outfield stands. I'd prefer to see the Rays get tossed, as a really good team with shitty support, but their new stadium is on the way, as is the Marlins' new stadium.

You have a point though about needing teams to beat up. The AL Central is composed of has-been teams now: Indians, Sox, Royals and Tigers (sort of), so the Twins can now take the division every year (and I know they are tied right now with the Tigers, but they are too good to lose it down the strech).

Of course, the Pirates DID have two World Championships in the 1970, so they have that (if we are going with the Royals).
Should keep the Rays - they do have a rather good ball club. It seems that many in Florida keep forgetting they have a team. Maybe move them to a city that deserves a major league team like Baltimore (but we are moving the Browns there)...or Pittsburgh. Just keep them in the AL - I don't want the Rays in the same division as the Reds.
The Marlins also seem to be cursed with good teams that have fans that forget that they have a team...along with a remarkably crappy owner. Sad, really.

I don't want to start something here, but I was just thinking something about the MLB. The final, championship series at the end of the season is called the "World Series". Ironically, it only includes U.S. and Canada.

I don't want to start something here, but I was just thinking something about the MLB. The final, championship series at the end of the season is called the "World Series". Ironically, it only includes U.S. and Canada.

What are you saying... get rid of the BlueJays?!?

Yeah, I agree. Since Paige left and Veeck sold the team, it has been junk. They should move back to Milwaukee or something, or go to a team that deserves a major league team, like Baltimore.

Of course, the Pirates DID have two World Championships in the 1970, so they have that (if we are going with the Royals).
Should keep the Rays - they do have a rather good ball club. It seems that many in Florida keep forgetting they have a team. Maybe move them to a city that deserves a major league team like Baltimore (but we are moving the Browns there)...or Pittsburgh. Just keep them in the AL - I don't want the Rays in the same division as the Reds.
The Marlins also seem to be cursed with good teams that have fans that forget that they have a team...along with a remarkably crappy owner. Sad, really.

Okay. I remember those Pirates' teams now. It's just been so long and they are so gutter it slipped my mind. Also I don't pay much attention to the NL that much. I just remember that Marlins team pretty much bought their title(s).

Ace Bandage

The one and only.

We've already had this discussion. It was called the World Series in 1903 before anyone else gave a shit about baseball. We invented the goddamn game so we'll call the championship whatever we damn well please. And anytime the Yomiuri Giants want to throw down with the Yankess, let us know.

Ditto to the post below me. Well put, IJ.

The Cubs may be winners, but they have a fan base that's world wide. Not to mention they play in baseball's equivalent of the Sistine Chapel. The are, and forever will be the first team in the Second City. There is a classic midwest charm to the Cubbies that is evident. Losers? Yes. Lovable? Definetly.

The Sox, on the other hand, are Yin to the Cubs Yang. Yeah the won in 05', but nobody in Chicago gave a damn. They feature a detestable front office and a douchebag manager. They're park is shit, and they're fans don't even show up to see them play. The Sox and they're fans have always treated they're best players like shit. Kenny Williams screwed Frank Thomas and then berated him on TV. Ozzie Guillen ran Maglio Ordonez outta town after he helped them to a title, and had the nerve to call him a faggot. And let's not even get into them selling out the Comiskey family. They're a bush leaugue organization from top to fuckin' bottom, and never will I respect them.

The Cubs may be winners, but they have a fan base that's world wide. Not to mention they play in baseball's equivalent of the Sistine Chapel. The are, and forever will be the first team in the Second City. There is a classic midwest charm to the Cubbies that is evident. Losers? Yes. Lovable? Definetly.

The Sox, on the other hand, are Yin to the Cubs Yang. Yeah the won in 05', but nobody in Chicago gave a damn. They feature a detestable front office and a douchebag manager. They're park is shit, and they're fans don't even show up to see them play. The Sox and they're fans have always treated they're best players like shit. Kenny Williams screwed Frank Thomas and then berated him on TV. Ozzie Guillen ran Maglio Ordonez outta town after he helped them to a title, and had the nerve to call him a faggot. And let's not even get into them selling out the Comiskey family. They're a bush leaugue organization from top to fuckin' bottom, and never will I respect them.

I know a kid from the Chi and he said basically the Sox are the ghetto, grimey, trashy fans and the Cubs are more respectable. I think that has to do with Sox stadium being in the middle of the gheto? :D Well, at least the Commander-in-Chief is a fan, so they got that going for 'em. :D

Wrigley is legendary and one of only a couple stadiums I've been to. The Cubs eventually will win if they get better front office and management, I think.

Magglio left in 2004, he wasnt on the 2005 world series team. The Sox won when they got rid of Mags, Carlos Lee, and Frank Thomas, though he was injured most of 2005.

What do you guys think? I can think of several NHL teams, a couple MLB teams, NBA and NFL teams as well. Without trying to offend any of you who are fans of these teams :D:

For starters:

FL Marlins
FL Panthers
MN Timberwolves
LA Clippers
AZ Diamondbacks and Coyotes

With all due respect, the Marlins have won as many titles as the Red Sox in the past 100 years.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
With all due respect, the Marlins have won as many titles as the Red Sox in the past 100 years.

Yeah? Well, 26 people show up to watch the Marlins play home games. Not exactly the mark of a successful franchise.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I would hate to see the Cubs go anywhere. In fact, I wish the Reds could play them more often.

I would hate to see the Cubs go anywhere. In fact, I wish the Reds could play them more often.

I could never see the Cubs going anywhere. The nice thing about the NHL is that the commish has stated the Original Six will never go anywhere. Fact is, it's about the only thing Bettman has done or said that has had any merit. Although, I don't think Selig has ever made such statements.

Instead of getting rid of MLB teams, they should Implement a salary cap. Let teams keep their players instead of being a farm system for New York. Why would anybody support their team when their favourite players won't be there very long?