• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Sports Teams That Should Just Go Away

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
The Jays really are starting to resemble the Expos, drawing about 2,500 a game. PT2 will like that statement (we've had the conversation before). :1orglaugh

We're still ahead of Cleveland.

The Cubs may be winners, but they have a fan base that's world wide. Not to mention they play in baseball's equivalent of the Sistine Chapel. The are, and forever will be the first team in the Second City. There is a classic midwest charm to the Cubbies that is evident. Losers? Yes. Lovable? Definetly.

The Sox, on the other hand, are Yin to the Cubs Yang. Yeah the won in 05', but nobody in Chicago gave a damn. They feature a detestable front office and a douchebag manager. They're park is shit, and they're fans don't even show up to see them play. The Sox and they're fans have always treated they're best players like shit. Kenny Williams screwed Frank Thomas and then berated him on TV. Ozzie Guillen ran Maglio Ordonez outta town after he helped them to a title, and had the nerve to call him a faggot. And let's not even get into them selling out the Comiskey family. They're a bush leaugue organization from top to fuckin' bottom, and never will I respect them.

First, I have to say that I'm NOT a Sox fan, so I'm not trying to defend them.
I watch the games of both teams, and the fact is that the Sox fans actually care about the game going on, while the Cubs 'fans' just sit there with little enthusiasm for the game itself. To them, it's just a place to sit. The seats may as well face away from the field. The whole Cubsmania is merely a fashion. Only a small percentage are really fans of the game. The rest just stuff their faces and wait for the end so they can hopefully sing "Go Cubs Go". That's the only time they show any life.

The Cubs may be winners, but they have a fan base that's world wide. Not to mention they play in baseball's equivalent of the Sistine Chapel. The are, and forever will be the first team in the Second City. There is a classic midwest charm to the Cubbies that is evident. Losers? Yes. Lovable? Definetly.

The Sox, on the other hand, are Yin to the Cubs Yang. Yeah the won in 05', but nobody in Chicago gave a damn. They feature a detestable front office and a douchebag manager. They're park is shit, and they're fans don't even show up to see them play. The Sox and they're fans have always treated they're best players like shit. Kenny Williams screwed Frank Thomas and then berated him on TV. Ozzie Guillen ran Maglio Ordonez outta town after he helped them to a title, and had the nerve to call him a faggot. And let's not even get into them selling out the Comiskey family. They're a bush leaugue organization from top to fuckin' bottom, and never will I respect them.

I am a Sox fan and the fact that we dont show up when our team stinks sends a message to the organization that we want a winning product on the field and wont spend our hard earned money on tickets if they are going to field a horrible team.Also, and just because the Sox dont sell out every game doesn't mean they dont have fans. That is a old argument because people can watch games on the TV you know. I never understood why Wrigley sold old every game back in the 90s and early 2000s. That actually hurt the team because that told management that there is no reason to go out and spend money to improve the team. They could simply put out a fourth place team every year and still draw 3 million to the park.

Business wise because of attendance.

Florida Marlins. I hear that the location is the problem. Not a problem for Dolphins fans.

Atlanta Braves. For years they've had great teams and the ball park isn't filled. WTF man.

Staying in Atlanta the Thrashers. Nobody cares about hockey there. Come to think of it. Atlanta was once rated the worst sports fans.

Jacksonville Jaguars, what happened? Everything was great then poof.

Oaklahoma City Thundre. College City. Nothing pro.

Because I hate them.

Toronto Maple Leafs

The Twins just because I'm a White Sox fan and the Twins are such a pest for my Sox. So I guess I want to get rid of them because I respect them so much if that makes any sense.

I am a Sox fan and the fact that we dont show up when our team stinks sends a message to the organization that we want a winning product on the field and wont spend our hard earned money on tickets if they are going to field a horrible team.Also, and just because the Sox dont sell out every game doesn't mean they dont have fans. That is a old argument because people can watch games on the TV you know. I never understood why Wrigley sold old every game back in the 90s and early 2000s. That actually hurt the team because that told management that there is no reason to go out and spend money to improve the team. They could simply put out a fourth place team every year and still draw 3 million to the park.

Well, when your team is owned by the newspaper company, you tend to wind up with a seemingly uncared about product. This is the one thing I've always hated about the Cubs. Even with that, there simply isn't anything to like about the Sox whatsoever. It is the second place franchise in the second city, and could never be first, win or lose. The Cubs are part of what can only be described as 'the original six' of baseball... and they never win.

The Tribune company figured out a long time ago that a winning team only matters when people actually want to come out to the park. Come out and enjoy yourself in a classic, historic environment and if you stick around, a baseball game just may break out. There is something that is just pure about that. Win or lose (mostly lose) Cubs fans show up happy and leave just as. Would I love to see the Cubs win it all? Of course, but because us Cubs fans represent the laid back, baseball is still just a game attitude that the south-siders have never understood nor exhibited. Long story short, the Sox are swaggerless and quite simply not fun... you know, like baseball should be.

roronoa3000

Banned
Damn near every professional team in Ohio. The Browns can stay because of their classic jerseys.

The Chicago White Sox.

The Oakland Raiders. C'mon... give L.A. their team back already.

The Atlanta Thrashers.

The Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Oklahoma City Thunder. One of the shittiest team names out.

The Charlotte Bobcats. *see above

Thunder and Bobcats made the playoffs and are obviously on the way up.

Most of the East Coast teams, since they're treated like gods in the mainstream media.

Well, when your team is owned by the newspaper company, you tend to wind up with a seemingly uncared about product. This is the one thing I've always hated about the Cubs. Even with that, there simply isn't anything to like about the Sox whatsoever. It is the second place franchise in the second city, and could never be first, win or lose. The Cubs are part of what can only be described as 'the original six' of baseball... and they never win.

The Tribune company figured out a long time ago that a winning team only matters when people actually want to come out to the park. Come out and enjoy yourself in a classic, historic environment and if you stick around, a baseball game just may break out. There is something that is just pure about that. Win or lose (mostly lose) Cubs fans show up happy and leave just as. Would I love to see the Cubs win it all? Of course, but because us Cubs fans represent the laid back, baseball is still just a game attitude that the south-siders have never understood nor exhibited. Long story short, the Sox are swaggerless and quite simply not fun... you know, like baseball should be.

The Sox won and no one cared? Where you in Chicago and did you see that victory parade? Hell they were even on Oprah. Sox fans could care less about being the second team, we actually embrace that. The Cubs can have the status of being Chicago's team because with that comes alot pressure. All the spotlight is on the Cubs while the Sox fly under the radar win or loss. You can have that status, we could care less about being no.2, because all we care about is winning ball games on the south side.

The Yankees and the Red Sox. Then we wouldn't have to keep hearing about how it's the "best" rivalry in pro sports. Hell, it's only about the third best in baseball behind Cards/Cubs and Dodgers/Giants.

The Twins just because I'm a White Sox fan and the Twins are such a pest for my Sox. So I guess I want to get rid of them because I respect them so much if that makes any sense.

:nono:

Not gon' happen. The new stadium is going to keep them here for probably the next three decades. And we just signed the biggest draw (and subsequent biggest all star vote getter this year) just this year as well. (You know who :hatsoff:) I see Mauer brining at least 1, and possibly a few titles back to Target Field.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
There are no rivals in sports who have games that are as heated as the Yanks and Sox. Whoever thinks differently doesnt watch baseball, or sports in general very often.

Telegram from the Maple Leafs/Canadiens rivalry:

:thefinger

maredsous

You avin' a laugh?
There are no rivals in sports who have games that are as heated as the Yanks and Sox. Whoever thinks differently doesnt watch baseball, or sports in general very often.

UT vs ou, fla vs tenn, real vs barca may have a little something to say about that.

It is all just east coast bias. Leafs/Canadiens, Bears/Packers, Redwings/Blackhawks, Cowboys/Redskins, Cards/Cubs etc. are all just as intense if not more so. The media is mostly out of New York so there is a bias toward the east coast.