• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Sports Teams That Should Just Go Away

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
I'd be quite happy if the whole of Chelsea FC and everyone associated with it just spontaneously combusted en masse.

It is all just east coast bias. Leafs/Canadiens, Bears/Packers, Redwings/Blackhawks, Cowboys/Redskins, Cards/Cubs etc. are all just as intense if not more so. The media is mostly out of New York so there is a bias toward the east coast.

The Queens/Fudge Packer rivalry is bigger than the Packers/Chicago rivalry. I don't care what anybody says but that shit right there is the truth.

USA Men's soccer team vs Mexico, these two teams simply hate each other.

Very good rivalry. I'm still waiting for an all-out massive riot at one of those games. These two countries hate eachother for some pretty obvious reasons.

haha i kinda agree that the whole NBA should go away, what a piece of shit organization

:rofl: I have to give you rep, although the games aren't all that bad. Not one team right now could fuck with the old Celtics with Bird, McHale and company. No freakin way. It's turned into a league of prima donnas who ALL hog the damn ball and just all wanna put up 50 every night. :sleep:

Manchester United
Arsenal
Everton
Chelsea
Manchester City......

Can you tell I support Liverpool?

Due to lousy fan base, absolutely the Jacksonville Jaguars. And if it weren't for Strausberg, I could fit a Washington Nationals crowd in my living room.

And for teams that I just wish would go away:

NFL - NY Jets
NBA - LA Lakers
MLB - NY Yankees
NCAAF - Florida Gators

There are no rivals in sports who have games that are as heated as the Yanks and Sox. Whoever thinks differently doesnt watch baseball, or sports in general very often.

The Yankees/Red Sox "rivalry" is a fucking joke now. You can't seriously believe it is the biggest rivalry in sports? I've seen players joke around with the opposition at Yankee games. Johnny Damon went from the Sox to the Yankees!!! How is that the most heated rivalry in sports?

Pro sports are lacking in the rivalry department recently. Look to college sports for real hate.

Manchester City

I hate them, hate what their new chairman, this multi-billionaire Abu Dhabi I can't remember the name tries to do : building Europe's best team starting from lower/mid-table team and buying as much stars he can with his own money.
I'm glad that, for now, he's failing.

I mean, in soccer, you don't creat a great team by just buying many high-class players as you can each year. You can't create a great team starting from almost nothing within nly a few years.
You must have stable line-up and just add one or two players to it each years.
Does Fc Barcelona, Manchester U or AC Milan change half of the team each years ? No. They just ad one or two players each year.

And if City becomes a great team, it would be very sad for soccer, it wopuld mean that money can buy everything.

This year, I was very happy to sse that, desp ite 250.000.000€ spended this summer to buy great players (Ronaldo, Benzema, Kaka, etc...) Rzal Madrid was didn't go urther than Eighth Final in the Champion's League, was eliminated by a 3rd Ddvision team in their national cup and wasn't champion.

The Sox won and no one cared? Where you in Chicago and did you see that victory parade? Hell they were even on Oprah. Sox fans could care less about being the second team, we actually embrace that. The Cubs can have the status of being Chicago's team because with that comes alot pressure. All the spotlight is on the Cubs while the Sox fly under the radar win or loss. You can have that status, we could care less about being no.2, because all we care about is winning ball games on the south side.

Of course there was a victory parade, every team has one after winning a championship. Oprah was shot in Chicago so that's a no brainer as well. Not to mention the Sox had the second longest drought at the time behind the Cubs. If by 'under the radar' you mean baseball wouldn't miss the Sox if they just disappeared, you'd be right. You're also right when you say Sox fans don't care about being forever second in their own city...

That's why they've made this list. After all, nobody likes tag-along stepkids.

What do you guys think? I can think of several NHL teams, a couple MLB teams, NBA and NFL teams as well. Without trying to offend any of you who are fans of these teams :D:

For starters:

FL Marlins
FL Panthers
MN Timberwolves
LA Clippers
AZ Diamondbacks and Coyotes
Marlins and DBacks have 3 titles between them within the past 10 years.That's the same amount as both the Yankees and Red Sox.

The Cubs may be winners, but they have a fan base that's world wide. Not to mention they play in baseball's equivalent of the Sistine Chapel. The are, and forever will be the first team in the Second City. There is a classic midwest charm to the Cubbies that is evident. Losers? Yes. Lovable? Definetly.

The Sox, on the other hand, are Yin to the Cubs Yang. Yeah the won in 05', but nobody in Chicago gave a damn. They feature a detestable front office and a douchebag manager. They're park is shit, and they're fans don't even show up to see them play. The Sox and they're fans have always treated they're best players like shit. Kenny Williams screwed Frank Thomas and then berated him on TV. Ozzie Guillen ran Maglio Ordonez outta town after he helped them to a title, and had the nerve to call him a faggot. And let's not even get into them selling out the Comiskey family. They're a bush leaugue organization from top to fuckin' bottom, and never will I respect them.

You are an idiot if you think that no one cared about the Sox winning in '05.

Oh,and I don't know if you've ever been to Wrigley,but that place is a fucking dump that's falling apart,the food sucks,and you have to piss in a communal troff.Yeah,I guess we know why it's the "Friendly Confines",because every guy is standing next to each other with there dicks out.

I know a kid from the Chi and he said basically the Sox are the ghetto, grimey, trashy fans and the Cubs are more respectable. I think that has to do with Sox stadium being in the middle of the gheto? :D Well, at least the Commander-in-Chief is a fan, so they got that going for 'em. :D

Wrigley is legendary and one of only a couple stadiums I've been to. The Cubs eventually will win if they get better front office and management, I think.

Your friend doesn't know shit.While there were project housing apartments near the stadium,it was across one of the busiest expressways in the city,plus,they have been torn down.

Bridgeport is a blue collar neighborhood that is far from being "ghetto".

First, I have to say that I'm NOT a Sox fan, so I'm not trying to defend them.
I watch the games of both teams, and the fact is that the Sox fans actually care about the game going on, while the Cubs 'fans' just sit there with little enthusiasm for the game itself. To them, it's just a place to sit. The seats may as well face away from the field. The whole Cubsmania is merely a fashion. Only a small percentage are really fans of the game. The rest just stuff their faces and wait for the end so they can hopefully sing "Go Cubs Go". That's the only time they show any life.
:glugglug:

I've been to both stadiums,multiple times,and while you have your fair share of idiots on both sides of town,far and away Wrigley has more casual fans that are just happy to be at Wrigley and don't really care about the game.You do have the same thing going on at The Cell,the the ratio is way higher up on the north side.

I am a Sox fan and the fact that we dont show up when our team stinks sends a message to the organization that we want a winning product on the field and wont spend our hard earned money on tickets if they are going to field a horrible team.Also, and just because the Sox dont sell out every game doesn't mean they dont have fans. That is a old argument because people can watch games on the TV you know. I never understood why Wrigley sold old every game back in the 90s and early 2000s. That actually hurt the team because that told management that there is no reason to go out and spend money to improve the team. They could simply put out a fourth place team every year and still draw 3 million to the park.
:thumbsup:

Truth.

Now back to the main topic.

Baseball-if the Pirates were gone,I don't think that anyone would miss them

Football-I would've said the Cardinals a few years ago,but the way that the league is structured,anyone really does have a chance depending on the year.

Basketball-Gotta say the Clippers.

Hockey-there are a bunch of teams that I don't think people would miss,like the LA Kings,FL Panthers,Phoenix Coyote,Atlanta Thrashers,STL Blues,NY Islanders.

Marlins and DBacks have 3 titles between them within the past 10 years.That's the same amount as both the Yankees and Red Sox.

Oh,and I don't know if you've ever been to Wrigley,but that place is a fucking dump that's falling apart,the food sucks,and you have to piss in a communal troff.Yeah,I guess we know why it's the "Friendly Confines",because every guy is standing next to each other with there dicks out.

Your friend doesn't know shit.While there were project housing apartments near the stadium,it was across one of the busiest expressways in the city,plus,they have been torn down.

I've been to both stadiums,multiple times,and while you have your fair share of idiots on both sides of town,far and away Wrigley has more casual fans that are just happy to be at Wrigley and don't really care about the game.You do have the same thing going on at The Cell,the the ratio is way higher up on the north side.

:thumbsup:

Truth.

Now back to the main topic.

Baseball-if the Pirates were gone,I don't think that anyone would miss them

Football-I would've said the Cardinals a few years ago,but the way that the league is structured,anyone really does have a chance depending on the year.

Basketball-Gotta say the Clippers.

Hockey-there are a bunch of teams that I don't think people would miss,like the LA Kings,FL Panthers,Phoenix Coyote,Atlanta Thrashers,STL Blues,NY Islanders.

lol at the Kings and the Blues. Those teams are established and have good fan base support

First off, Bridgeport is a great place to be... if you're white. It is notoriously racist and is known for businesses that don't particularly cater to black people. Must we have forgotten the racist bar beating cover-ups just last year. As a south-sider myself, I personally have been denied service in a Bridgeport establishment, so I know what's up. Trust in that.

Secondly, you sound sick if call Wrigley a dump, and you're just ripping off Ozzie Guillen's rant about the subject. Everyone knows Wrigley is an icon in the baseball world, and is without question top 3 ballparks in the US. Baseball fans outside of the Chi couldn't even tell you what the Sox home ballpark is called. Who in the fuck wants to go to The Cell??? Apparently nobody, especially if they have to pay for it. Hell, half of Sox fans still call it Comiskey. Ask anyone not currently in Chicago who played for the Sox in 05', and stare at the blank looks on their faces. After the parade, the talk around town was what's next for the Cubs. Again, if the Sox went away, nobody anywhere outside of IL would really miss them whatsoever.

lol at the Kings and the Blues. Those teams are established and have good fan base support
Yes this might be true,but both teams have pretty much sucked for quite a while now
First off, Bridgeport is a great place to be... if you're white. It is notoriously racist and is known for businesses that don't particularly cater to black people. Must we have forgotten the racist bar beating cover-ups just last year. As a south-sider myself, I personally have been denied service in a Bridgeport establishment, so I know what's up. Trust in that.

Secondly, you sound sick if call Wrigley a dump, and you're just ripping off Ozzie Guillen's rant about the subject. Everyone knows Wrigley is an icon in the baseball world, and is without question top 3 ballparks in the US. Baseball fans outside of the Chi couldn't even tell you what the Sox home ballpark is called. Who in the fuck wants to go to The Cell??? Apparently nobody, especially if they have to pay for it. Hell, half of Sox fans still call it Comiskey. Ask anyone not currently in Chicago who played for the Sox in 05', and stare at the blank looks on their faces. After the parade, the talk around town was what's next for the Cubs. Again, if the Sox went away, nobody anywhere outside of IL would really miss them whatsoever.

You are right about Bridgeport being racist,but that doesn't make it ghetto.

As for Wrigley,I don't need the media telling me how "special" Wrigley is because I've been there and it's a fucking dirty ass park with plenty of obstructed views.The Cell has probably a grand total of 50 or so seats with any obstructions,and you obviously forgot about the lawsuit filed against the Cubs because of someone getting hit in the head with falling debris from the crumbling stadium.You're just like all of the other Wrigley lovers and looking at the park for what's around it and not what's actually in it.Yeah,the neighborhood it better than the south side's,but the park itself is fucking shit.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Yes this might be true,but both teams have pretty much sucked for quite a while now

Los Angeles had over 100 points last season and has one of the best line-up of young players in the history of the NHL.