• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '12/'13 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings on winning their first Stanley Cup.

Now...the draft is in 10 days. I expect some big trades going down around then. Luongo specifically.

Who are you eyeing for your teams in the draft?

Not a really strong free agency this year, but we have some studs in Semin, Parise and Suter.

Discuss.

They are too young for this years draft, but it's going to be interesting to follow the development of Max Domi and Kerby Rychel, both of them seem to be more skilled than their dads. :D
Also it would be great if someone drafted Ty Bilcke, although he will never see any NHL action if he doesn't have any defensive skills.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I'm more than interested to see where Parise is going to end up. I've heard Minnesota, which would be great for the team, and I know Marlo will likely write a couple paragraphs on how Suter, Parise, Gretzky and Richard are all nipping at the bud to play for the Red Wings. Given the performance and the fact Brodeur basically confirmed he'll be back next year I don't think New Jersey is out of the question yet, and a team like Washington could be a potential player as well.

And regarding Luongo, I hope he doesn't end up in a Maple Leafs jersey. I'm sick to death of the way Canucks fans have been ripping him apart all year even though he was argurably the biggest reason the Canucks had such a meteoric rise to the top after years of being a bubble playoff team, but I can't imagine what Toronto fans would be like if he falters, even if he would automatically be the best player on the team if a trade went through. All I know is he deserves better than Vancouver if this is how we treat our players.

Luongo is going to Toronto. He's tired of trying, and wants to collect a huge salary at a club that doesn't care whatsoever about winning.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I'm more than interested to see where Parise is going to end up. I've heard Minnesota, which would be great for the team, and I know Marlo will likely write a couple paragraphs on how Suter, Parise, Gretzky and Richard are all nipping at the bud to play for the Red Wings.

I know that Suter and Parise are great friends and I heard a rumor that between them, they've agree'd that they'd both sign in Detroit. we'll have to wait and see if this dream scenario comes to fruition, I respect Gretzky and what he did OFFENSIVELY, But I'd never want him playing for my team even in his prime, he was a cherry picker and couldn't play a lick of defense even it meant his spot on the team, Rocket Richard. please, be real. Mike Richards I wish. :2 cents:

Congratulations to the Kings, their fans, owner, general manager (who stuck to his guns despite a lot of pressure to go a different direction), and to Bob Miller, an outstanding announcer and a great guy :glugglug: :thumbsup: :glugglug:

Congrats to you, Marlo :thumbsup:

Here in L.A. Vin Scully made a surprise telephone call to a sports talk radio station that was interviewing Miller to express his congratulations. It was great phone call :)

I'm not a big hockey fan but I always watch the playoffs, and I've lived in L.A. during much of The Kings 45 year tenure. Used to go to a game now and then at The Forum but have never been to a Kings game at Staples. Looking forward to the parade tomorrow :partysml:

C.K. Lawrence

Closed Account
Kings baby! Not my favorite team of all, but the choice of this years playoffs for me. Major kudos to Quick, Brown, Penner, Carter, Stoll, Kopitar, Richards, Doughtey, et al! Kudos champs!

940-kings-cup-8col.jpg

God i love this. every time i see it, it makes me laugh.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
i knew Mike Smith was a good goalie. suck it naysayers ;)

anyway, Tampa have now have acquired Anders Lindback from the Predators along with Kyle Wilson and a 7th for 2 2nd rounders this year, a 3rd next year and the rights to Sebastien Caron.

PlasmaTwa2

anyway, Tampa have now have acquired Anders Lindback from the Predators along with Kyle Wilson and a 7th for 2 2nd rounders this year, a 3rd next year and the rights to Sebastien Caron.

The fuck did you go?

I always knew he was a good goalie, but I can't say I thought he was capable of playing as well as he did in the playoffs.

PlasmaTwa2

Bakersfield to Arizona adn back to kalifornia (still hat it)

long pain in the ass story

Ah that sucks to hear. You were in Arizona and missed out on STDiva and I admitting we need to both eat crow. Shame bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.