• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just too bad that the Kings are located in Los Angeles. As if those people needed another excuse to be smug.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
It's just too bad that the Kings are located in Los Angeles. As if those people needed another excuse to be smug.

80% of Los Angeles doesn't even know the Kings exist. They think Sacramento's basketball team is about to win the Cup over the Islanders.

I remember seeing a clip from an LA local news sportscast showing highlights from a Kings hockey game. On the screen, next to the sportscaster, they had the logo of the opposing team (I forget who) and the Sacramento Kings basketball logo :facepalm:

80% of Los Angeles doesn't even know the Kings exist. They think Sacramento's basketball team is about to win the Cup over the Islanders.
I remember seeing a clip from an LA local news sportscast showing highlights from a Kings hockey game. On the screen, next to the sportscaster, they had the logo of the opposing team (I forget who) and the Sacramento Kings basketball logo :facepalm:

Now those are both funny! :1orglaugh
That makes me wonder how the Shark fanbase is in San Jose, or Duck fanbase in Anaheim. I mean, if a winning team like Kings have such lack of support at home.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I personally don't know how the LA Kings are perceived in there own city, but they must have a dedicated fan base / season ticket holders or that team / franchise would have jumped ship along time ago!! I mean in an underground sense of the word there market is just as big if not bigger than and more glamorous then the NY market / media is (I mean NY and the eastcoast is a bigger hockey market for sure, but as far as overall markets they compete equally in most other respects IMO).. and no matter how you try too spin it, the LA Kings must be making a profit or they simply wouldn't exist. there is a saying especially in the city "if it don't make dollars / big money it don't make sense / cents" period!!

I am just being realistic, think about it.. if they were losing $$$ they'd be in another city a long time ago. I don't know what the percentage of LA residence actually follow or even care about the Kings, but they are 2 wins away from bringing another championship to the city, so we'll have to wait too see how big of a party follows afterwards. it could be as big as a Lakers celebration or maybe not, I suspect we'll see how big the party is in a few days.

WOW!!! The jealousy and hate is really starting to flow now that the Kings are up 2-0 in the Finals! "Lack of support at home" is that why we had 100% attendance at home? Also, saying that LA fans are smug? LA is not Anaheim, or San Jose where their arrogance is palpable. You speak without facts, and with malice. Marlo, you are correct; the Kings have a very dedicated fan base and a plethera of die-hard season ticket holders. The Kings fanbase is regarded as the best, most loyal, most hardcore in LA. The assesment that LA doesn't know or care about their Kings is factually unsound. Instead of your thinly veiled jabs at a town and a fanbase you clearly don't know and a team you are obviously jealous of (not that I can blame you); how about some respect. For a team that has fought, a fanbase that has endured; the time is now 14 down 2 to go. We love our Kings, and have had to suffer through some lackluster years, but have been unwavering in our love and support. Sure there are now and will continue to be bandwagoners. However, I refer you back to a team that was 12th in the West, had fired their head coach, lost their second biggest off-season aquisition, had the most expensive ticket prices in their history; and still was selling out their games. We are ready for your hate, ready for your jealousy, your stupidly unfounded comments about Sacramento (we were here first); after all as long-suffering fans, we have had plenty of time to prepare!

GKG!!

PlasmaTwa2

Uhhhh.... yeeeeahhhh. It's not my comments about Sacramento, it's your own media's comments. I'm just talking about them. If you want to be angry at someone, go get mad at Fox Los Angeles.

PlasmaTwa2

Tim Thomas to take next season off.

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. All I have to say is what the hell is he thinking? I get he wants time off, but his contract is up in a year and instead of doing the respectable thing and fulfilling his contract he is taking his ball and going home while the Bruins still have to pay his salary. Way to honour your team and fans.

PlasmaTwa2

Remember last year when Luongo was the douche and Thomas was the likeable one during the Finals? Thomas is definitely an impressive goaltender but his attitude is that of a punk. He made a big stink when skipping the Presidential meetup because he's a Republican and during the playoffs with Washington he throws the guys in front of him under the bus after losing. What the hell happened to him after a year? I think it was the moustache.

Also, Penguins just got Vokoun from the Caps and signed him for two years. They can't be that shaken up by Fleury's play?

Last edited:
Remember last year when Luongo was the douche and Thomas was the likeable one during the Finals? Thomas is definitely an impressive goaltender but his attitude is that of a punk. He made a big stink when skipping the Presidential meetup because he's a Republican and during the playoffs with Washington he throws the guys in front of him under the bus after losing. What the hell happened to him after a year? I think it was the moustache.

Also, Penguins just got Vokoun from the Caps and signed him for two years. They can't be that shaken up by Fleury's play?

I think the media drove Thomas to doucheville with all the shit they gave him for skipping out. They made it a bigger deal than it should have been.

Is Vokoun supposed to scare Fleury into playing better, or scare the defence into putting in some effort?

WOW!!! The jealousy and hate is really starting to flow now that the Kings are up 2-0 in the Finals!

Clearly you haven't read the last couple of pages. Otherwise you would know that almost everyone who has commented is siding with the Kings to win, including myself. You can't be jealous and want to see them win at the same time.

Okay, I just got in. What's going on? Kings are up 2-0?

Do you guys know that Brodeur has NEVER lost three consecutive playoff games in all his year playing?

Quick is a fucking beast. I hate to say it, but how freaking amazing does L.A. look? That team is amazing right now.

This has to be one of the greatest playoff runs of all time. Jersey lost both close ones and now they get blown out. Any hope was just choked out of their lungs. This series is over. Sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.