• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the Red Wings land Ryan Suter, Parise, the Red Wings will have a good shot @ signing Weber as a UFA in the summer of 13, thats if he wants to rejoin his buddy R. Sutter.. I am sure the Players will give up some of their $$$$ and and change their contract so the Red Wings can have a great chance @ landing Weber as well. that would be soooo awesome, but we'll have to wait and see whats gonna happen this july 1. :2 cents:

fixed ;)

Yeah, those things can certainly help the Red Wings....and as a Blackhawks fan, I'd hate to see that for our rivals. :D

Jesus Christ, how much cap space do you mother fuckers have?

$26 million or something like that.

Brad Stuart is gone. Holmstrom and Hudler are free agents. Quincey, Helm and Abdelkader are RFA. Next year they have close to $40 million, but 60% of the team are free agents.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Jesus Christ, how much cap space do you mother fuckers have?

lol.. the last I heard it was about 23 million or so, and I don't know if that was after or before Lidstrom retired.. Holmstrom is probably gonna retire, Hudler is probably gone, Stuart is almost certain to sign with a west coast team.. The bank is LOADED!! thats why I am pretty sure they will get who they covet the most.. R.S. and Z.P. and I imagine a few more highend UFA's as well. :2 cents:

lol.. the last I heard it was about 23 million or so, and I don't know if that was after or before Lidstrom retired.. Holmstrom is probably gonna retire, Hudler is probably gone, Stuart is almost certain to sign with a west coast team.. The bank is LOADED!! thats why I am pretty sure they will get who they covet the most.. R.S. and Z.P. and I imagine a few more highend UFA's as well. :2 cents:

$26,257,955 after Lidstrom retiring.

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
Nicklas Lidstrom is most likely retiring after 20 years... that's gonna hurt big time.. Thanks to Nicklas Lidstrom for 20 yrs of unbelievable playing and sportsmanship, if he isn't the greatest of all-time he is without a doubt the 2nd best of all-time.. :clap::bowdown::hatsoff:

Agreed. Lidstrom had an amazing career. 4 Stanley Cups, 7 Norris trophies and the Red Wings never missed the playoffs while he played. Also an Olympic Gold medal...incredible.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Kings win it again in OT! Its gonna be a King sweep for the cup in '12!

:partysml:

I almost went out for the game tonight, but 2 friends of mine literally blocked my car in the driveway...

And there is a reason I've been avoiding this thread too... almost my entire life I have supported the devils. Now every asshole with cable is supporting the kings.

May the best team win, but for fucks sake, keep in mind there are people that are true fans of one of the teams in the finals.

The Devils have their Cups. They don't need another one this year.

LA FTW.

Quick baddest goalie on the planet right now - and for some time - proving it over and over.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Quick baddest goalie on the planet right now - and for some time - proving it over and over.

Didn't you say the same thing about Thomas last year... and then Miller the year before that? :tongue:

Jimmy Howard next year, I'm calling it right now.

Didn't you say the same thing about Thomas last year... and then Miller the year before that? :tongue:

I guess maybe I did. But it's true. Miller and Thomas are both very much still upper-echelon goalies though. C'mon, Quick will win both the fucking Smyth and Vezina.

I've also said goalies are the streakiest players around just like RBs in the NFL.

DR. B

Closed Account
The LA Kings got this, they took out the #1, #2, and the #3 seed. The Rangers and Devils are going 7 games and by then it won't matter who plays the Kings. I hope Los Angeles Hockey can pull this off, then they would be the first team ever to win the Cup at the #8 seed.

Johnathon Quick for the Conn Smythe Trophy

^^^ What this guy said...

I like the way these two assholes think

:)

I almost went out for the game tonight, but 2 friends of mine literally blocked my car in the driveway...

And there is a reason I've been avoiding this thread too... almost my entire life I have supported the devils. Now every asshole with cable is supporting the kings.

May the best team win, but for fucks sake, keep in mind there are people that are true fans of one of the teams in the finals.

True, NJ is the redheaded stepchild, but I actually don't care who wins, as long as it's not a sweep. I want it to go to 7 games. I have no problem with either team right now. In fact, I have some personal appreciation for both, not just because they're good teams, but because they took out teams I wanted to see taken out (Coyotes, Canucks, Rangers, Penguins). I lean slightly toward the Kings because they eliminated the classless Coyotes, whom I grew to hate during round 1 against my Blackhawks. I owe a debt of gratitude for their elimination.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?

I certainly hope that turns out too be true, because with Lidstrom & Stuart both leaving and the team will be sort of in transition especially with some new guys coming in no matter if its who I've been talkin about or not, the Red Wings will need stellar goal-tending from Howard to remain in the upper half of the playoffs seeds. Unless somehow everything just clicks from jump and the Red Wings play like they never lost a step / beat, but that will be hard & we'll have to see who's brought in.

Now too LA winning gm. 2 in overtime.. they are fuckin road MONSTERS!! this maybe if not proven otherwise the best playoff run ever!! I mean c'mon an 8 seed beating 1,2, and 3rd seeded teams to even make it too the finals with a mouth gaping 14 - 2 record thus far, with 0 road losses.. FFS if they go on to complete the sweep they go 16 - 2 through the Stanley Cup Playoffs in 2012 I guess we'd have too call them the team of Destiny!!

I don't remember a team wreaking this much havoc in a playoff run.. I mean I may not have always been a fan of the LA Kings but when an 8 seed beats the 1 seed & your own home-team is already been eliminated you kind of start rooting for them regardless of who they play.. after Detroit lost I was backing Nashville, but the way LA has just dominated how can you not become a fan. KINGS are gonna complete the sweep, and be the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions.

I'm not a fan of either, and I'm rooting for the Devils. I'm sick of the Kings getting lucky. Game 1 was there for the taking for both teams, as neither played particularly well. But Game 2 they didn't deserve to win at all (except Quick, he played lights out).

I think people got a little too high on Miller and Thomas, but Timmy did pull down a Vezina (2nd in 3 years), a Smythe, and the Cup last year. I'm actually legitimately not trying to rub it in again with this post, but come on, that's pretty fucking good.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I think people got a little too high on Miller and Thomas, but Timmy did pull down a Vezina (2nd in 3 years), a Smythe, and the Cup last year. I'm actually legitimately not trying to rub it in again with this post, but come on, that's pretty fucking good.

I wasn't knocking Thomas since I know he's a great goaltender, and same can be said for Miller if you ignore the first half of this season. I was pointing out Scott's love for American goaltenders. :tongue:

I wasn't knocking Thomas since I know he's a great goaltender, and same can be said for Miller if you ignore the first half of this season. I was pointing out Scott's love for American goaltenders. :tongue:

Yeah, just like I root for players from my state over any other area of the world, believe I root for American players over most players all over the planet. Just like I take greater interest and respect for players that come from my area that go on to great things. Is this odd or something? :dunno:

But fwiw Gaborik is still my favorite player around still.

I'm not a fan of either, and I'm rooting for the Devils. I'm sick of the Kings getting lucky. Game 1 was there for the taking for both teams, as neither played particularly well. But Game 2 they didn't deserve to win at all (except Quick, he played lights out).

You are sick of the Kings getting lucky? How did Jersey score their only goal in game 1? How about that bounce in game 2? I am not saying that LA hasn't had a few bounces as well; but to claim LA is up 2-0 in the Finals is luck is ignorant. The Kings have been the best team throughout the entire playoffs. So far in the Finals they have played their C-game, but Jersey has played their B-game. The Kings are a better team that has played down to their opponent for the first time this postseason. However, if LA plays their best they will sweep; if they don't and the Devils step up their game then this series is going back to Jersey. However, I say Kings in 4; 14 down, 2 to go!

GKG!!

Status
Not open for further replies.