• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Ok.. I disagree with you fuckers!! and I'll get to that in a second. Congratulations to the LA Kings on winning there 1st Stanley Cup in franchise history, Congrats to the NJ Devils for making what appeared to be a boring Finals an exciting series by winning two games to make it interesting, and congratulations to Jonathon Quick on winning the Conne Smythe Trophy he earned it big-time and it was well deserved. :nanner::glugglug::party:

Now back to the controversy, I admit the game was ugly, and it was a shitty way for the Kings to win the final game, but, the Stoll hit on Gionta was a run of the mill hit that happens a hundred times during a game, and IMO it wasn't even that bad, and there was no glass or anything else for him to hit his head into or anything else. :dunno:

That Stoll hit wasn't like the Claude Lemieux hit on Kris Draper where his face went straight into the dasher and broke several bones in his face, it was a clean check from behind and gionta wasn't in the least bit injured, even the hockey analysts between periods agree'd that it was @ best a minor penalty if anything & that the refs could make that call 100 times a game if they were gonna call it everytime it happened, now the Bernier hit didn't even look that bad, but you could see from Scuderi's face that was pretty bad indeed..

I don't know if it was Bernier intent to inflict damage or just finish his check per-say but that kind of play has been a 5 minute major constantly this season and this playoff year, so what are the Refs supposed to do? If they would have called Stoll for hitting from behind, everybody would have said how cheap of a call that was. :2 cents:

Ok.. I disagree with you fuckers!! and I'll get to that in a second. Congratulations to the LA Kings on winning there 1st Stanley Cup in franchise history, Congrats to the NJ Devils for making what appeared to be a boring Finals an exciting series by winning two games to make it interesting, and congratulations to Jonathon Quick on winning the Conne Smythe Trophy he earned it big-time and it was well deserved. :nanner::glugglug::party:

Now back to the controversy, I admit the game was ugly, and it was a shitty way for the Kings to win the final game, but, the Stoll hit on Gionta was a run of the mill hit that happens a hundred times during a game, and IMO it wasn't even that bad, and there was no glass or anything else for him to hit his head into or anything else. :dunno:

That Stoll hit wasn't like the Claude Lemieux hit on Kris Draper where his face went straight into the dasher and broke several bones in his face, it was a clean check from behind and gionta wasn't in the least bit injured, even the hockey analysts between periods agree'd that it was @ best a minor penalty if anything & that the refs could make that call 100 times a game if they were gonna call it everytime it happened, now the Bernier hit didn't even look that bad, but you could see from Scuderi's face that was pretty bad indeed..

I don't know if it was Bernier intent to inflict damage or just finish his check per-say but that kind of play has been a 5 minute major constantly this season and this playoff year, so what are the Refs supposed to do? If they would have called Stoll for hitting from behind, everybody would have said how cheap of a call that was. :2 cents:

I read what you said, and there are some points, but I....I....I just....

Sorry, but all those smileys make this all so adorable. It's like watching a child clown cradle a circus monkey in a basket full of puppies. :D

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I read what you said, and there are some points, but I....I....I just....

Sorry, but all those smileys make this all so adorable. It's like watching a child clown cradle a circus monkey in a basket full of puppies. :D

Ok I am guilty I over using the smileys but that won't be the case anymore. Sorry thats just how I see it. the stoll hit on gionta was not that big of a deal, and the ref's didn't make bernier make that hit on Scuderi. So what are they supposed to call a bullshit minor on stoll for finishing his check in between the 2 benches where there is no glass.. if they would have called Stoll they could make a hundred calls during the game that are worse then the hit on gionta was.

Can't believe they didn't give the Conn Smyth to Scuderi's forehead. Seriously, is there any doubt that he turned into that hit at the last possible second? I don't think it was to draw a call, he was just reversing the puck, but result of that collision is just as much his fault as Bernier's in my opinion. Also, the Kings should have let Pierre Macguire hoist the cup, because if he (and annoying as hell ice-level reporters like him) didn't have to have his little perch down there, they'd probably have glass between the benches, and Gionta would have gotten the same call Scuderi did. That last sentence was a bit farfetched, but I assure it's merely a reflection of my absolute hatred of Pierre Macguire.

I think we can all agree that the officiating during this NHL season was incredibly inconsistent. It was the case since regular season. They have such trouble finding the balance between letting things slide and throwing their arms up on every little play.
Every year in every sport, people will point out the calls and non calls from the referees, but I've never seen it as much as I have in this NHL season.

This is what ignorant idiots do to let off some steam these days. Someone should tell those people that one person alone can't win or lose a game for his whole team. The rest of the team is just as much to blame for not doing their jobs well enough. They failed the penalty kill.

Oh I agree that those people are retards, but that doesn't make it less-funny.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Just watching the team raise the Cup (recorded it because I was working when it happened). I'm happy for all the guys except for Jeff Carter. I don't think he deserves to raise the Cup after quitting on Columbus before he even put on the sweater.

And I laughed when Gagne almost dropped it. Been waiting/dreading that happening for years.

I didn't think the hit on Gionta was all that bad. Certainly it wouldn't have been a double major. And for NJ to let up three on that 5 minute major was entirely on them. Coach should have called time out and regrouped the troops but he didn't. Still thought it was shitty that two of their forward got chucked and overall it was a lopsided shitty game. Glad LA won their first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.