• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

See? This guy gets it. :thumbsup:

Sorry, that was just really bugging me. Technically the new logo has been their official logo since it was introduced and so I figured you'd guys would update ASAP. Now that the season is over I figured I'd better warn you, though.

????? You're joking right ? I can't even tell when you are joking or not any more. Y'oure really a tough act to follow.

:cussing: Chaaaaaaaaaaaange!

See? This guy gets it. :thumbsup:

Sorry, that was just really bugging me. Technically the new logo has been their official logo since it was introduced and so I figured you'd guys would update ASAP. Now that the season is over I figured I'd better warn you, though.

:cussing: Chaaaaaaaaaaaange!

Lol maybe if you just plainly said "update your avatars to the new logo" I would have understood. :rolleyes: I still don't get what the bandwagon part was for.

PlasmaTwa2

Lol maybe if you just plainly said "update your avatars to the new logo" I would have understood. :rolleyes: I still don't get what the bandwagon part was for.

had to get your attention somehow. ;)

Pretty good article on the potential Hall-of-Famers to be announced today:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog...t=Ajgdiqfo051RsWL6VjQahxdShgM6?urn=nhl-wp8145

I disagree with a few things. Personally, I think Derian Hatcher should be a shoe-in as one of the best defensive defencemen ever and a Stanley Cup champion who played for a top contender pretty much every year. Bernie Nicholls, Alexander Mogilny, Mike Vernon, Mike Richter, and Phil Housley (second all-time in points for American-born players) should all be in if you ask me.

As for Theo Fleury, how in the name of all things could he possibly not make the Hall of Fame? Stanley Cup champion, Olympic gold medallist, 1088 points, with a career scoring average of over a point-per-game. His off-ice struggles should have no bearing whatsoever. His on-ice accomplishments speak for themselves. They may have been better had he not had his off-ice struggles, but that's irrelevant.

Ed Belfour is third all-time in wins. Enough said. If he isn't a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer then there's something wrong with the process. Dave Andreychuk, Pavel Bure, Guy Carbonneau, Doug Gilmour, Eric Lindros, Joe Nieuwendyk, and Adam Oates all belong as well.

Obviously it would be impossible for all these players to make it in and most of them never will (after all, it is the Hall-of-Fame, it should be pretty difficult to make), but I can see Gilmour, Nieuwendyk, and Belfour making it this year like the article suggests.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Renaud P Lavoie, RDS hockey reporter tweets:

"Lots of speculations on #lightning Stamkos today. His agent, Don Meehan told me sunday he does not expect an offer sheet for Steven Stamkos."

side note, Dave Andreychuk was left out of the Hall of Fame again. i don't see why they don't think he's HOF material. he had an unbelievable career.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Wow the Flyers are giving their team away, they sent to Darren Powe over to the Wild.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Are the Lightning actually close to losing Stamkos??

close to losing? no. close to signing? no. he's a restricted free agent, so if he's not signed by July 1, other teams can make him an offer, but Steve Yzerman has said there's no offer he won't match.

that's great and all, but it will royally screw up the salary cap for us for years to come. we're already in a bind because the old owners gave large contracts to just about everybody (including the monster deal to Lecavalier). Stamkos needs to be signed before July 1. his agents are being cocksuckers and making this difficult

PlasmaTwa2

Hall of Fame inductees are in:

Ed Belfour - deserves this easily. Top ten goaltender of all time. I saw him play years ago when I saw a playoff game between the Stars and Oilers. Even with the entire crowd taunting him with Belfour Boppers, he was on the top of his game.

Doug Gilmour - deserves, but I don't know if he should have went before the likes of Pavel Bure and Eric Lindros

Joe Nieuwendyk - deserves this. Three Stanley Cups. Enough said.

Mark Howe - strange pick, in my opinion. There were stronger choices.

And for whatever reason, the Hall did not induct Pat Burns. What a fucking slap in the face. He should have been inducted while he was alive. The Hall didn't even induct any non-players this year.

close to losing? no. close to signing? no. he's a restricted free agent, so if he's not signed by July 1, other teams can make him an offer, but Steve Yzerman has said there's no offer he won't match.

that's great and all, but it will royally screw up the salary cap for us for years to come. we're already in a bind because the old owners gave large contracts to just about everybody (including the monster deal to Lecavalier). Stamkos needs to be signed before July 1. his agents are being cocksuckers and making this difficult

What worries me is that Purcell looks like he's not going to be signed before july 1st either. He's going to get an offer sheet too.

You know Burke is gonna throw a huge contract at him July 1st, if only to fuck up the salary situation in Tampa.

Ed Belfour - deserves this easily. Top ten goaltender of all time. I saw him play years ago when I saw a playoff game between the Stars and Oilers. Even with the entire crowd taunting him with Belfour Boppers, he was on the top of his game.

Doug Gilmour - deserves, but I don't know if he should have went before the likes of Pavel Bure and Eric Lindros

And for whatever reason, the Hall did not induct Pat Burns. What a fucking slap in the face. He should have been inducted while he was alive. The Hall didn't even induct any non-players this year.

I could see why Gilmour was inducted over those two. He played for the Leafs and was considered "the man" there and since I'm betting a lot of the voters are probably Toronto fans it helped a lot. He won a Stanley Cup. Is pretty much liked by the media. Also, he wasn't a giant man child like Lindros was.

I'd really like to see him play with Datsyuk, but him and Crosby/Malkin will be a sight to see!

Did anybody see Detroit's 2nd round pick, Tomas Jurco's highlight video? I better get my jersey now. Hopefully he puts the effort to learn the fundamentals like Datsyuk and Henrik did. This kid can be good.

http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=0&id=119542

Jagr with Crosby/Malkin will be ridiculous.

And Detroit will not win again next year. Buy your jersey, then let me poop on it.

Mark Howe has been deserving for a long, long time. The only reason he hasn't made it in is because his name is overshadowed by his father's and it takes away from his career accomplishments (I already stated this earlier in the '10/'11 thread, where I also stated his career accomplishments). Lindros and Bure will most likely get in, but Doug Gilmour won a Cup with the Flames and neither Bure nor Lindros ever won a Cup.

P.S. Here's the original statement (copied and pasted) I made about Mark Howe in the previous thread, maybe it'll help convince you that he belongs in the Hall:

I actually have a Whalers jersey. You can buy them at United Cycle here in Edmonton. There's a whole bunch of them.

I'm thinking of putting Mark Howe on the jersey with his number 5. He only played there for three seasons, but I think he's one of the best players of all-time who is not in the Hall of Fame and I think it's simply because he's been overshadowed by his father, Gordie. He has tremendous numbers in the NHL and the WHA and played in the Olympics (took home a silver medal) and a Canada Cup for Team USA and played in the '74 Summit Series for Team Canada (scoring six points in seven games). All anyone ever seems to remember him for is that he played on a forward line with his brother, Marty, and his father, Gordie, both with the Houston Aeros of the WHA and the Hartford Whalers, but he was actually a defenceman for most of his career, and a great one. The rest of his not-so-modest accomplishments:

1973 Memorial Cup MVP
1974 WHA Second All-Star Team
1974 WHA Rookie of the Year
1979 WHA First All-Star Team
1981 NHL All-Star
1983 NHL All-Star
1983 NHL First All-Star Team
1986 NHL All-Star
1986 NHL First All-Star Team
1987 NHL First All-Star Team
1988 NHL All-Star

P.S. There are a bunch of Jets and Nordiques jerseys at United Cycle too.

And I am personally thrilled that Mark Howe was finally inducted into the Hall of Fame. I did not think that he ever would be. I am definitely putting him on my Whalers jersey now.

Status
Not open for further replies.