• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea, the Wild...I don't know about that kid, but I will see his statistics soon.

They need to load up on MN natives. They are by far the most loaded of any state in the Union of pure bred native tallent. I made my own moch olympic team for last year and it would've went like this:

Backes Langenbruner Parise
Cullen Blake Okposo
Stepan Byfuglien Wheeler
Martin Johnson
Leopold Ballard
Sauer Gilbert

Alright, that team would not have realistically beat Team Canada, but that team would've been fucking bananas. And that's leaving some other MN tallent out. :shocked: That team could have medal'd.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
that was a very classy move by NYR to let Boogeyman's brother Aaron make the selection for them. standing ovation for Derek too.

Wild just gave up Brent Burns for Setoguchi and Coile and picks.

Mixed on this one. VERY mixed.

I don't particularly like to see Burns go, at all. I know Setoguchi is explosive (to an extent) but Burns just came off his best year and first all star appearence. I dunno.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family

I don't particularly like to see Burns go, at all. I know Setoguchi is explosive (to an extent) but Burns just came off his best year and first all star appearence. I dunno.

Setoguchi is a good pick up for the Wild, I like the defenseman that the B's picked .

A top ten defenceman (which Brent Burns is very close to if not quite there) is far more valuable than a guy with 30-goal ability when he plays on a line with Joe Thornton (although he will be playing with a pretty good playmaker in Mikko Koivu). Great trade for the Sharks.

A top ten defenceman (which Brent Burns is very close to if not quite there) is far more valuable than a guy with 30-goal ability when he plays on a line with Joe Thornton (although he will be playing with a pretty good playmaker in Mikko Koivu). Great trade for the Sharks.

I think this is correct. I think Burns will be a perenial all star for the next 10 years, but not Setoguchi.

Not only that, Burns was a cool dude. He bought a suite at the X for veterans and their families. He will be missed.

Killer B

I Like Big Tits! (song by Joe Walsh)
I'm starting to come around to these trades. I guess they're hoping Rymsdyk (sp?), Giroux and Schenn can step up in their place and figure goaltending won't be an issue anymore.

But wow. Carter everybody saw coming, but Richards?? Wow.

Kings are gonna tear it up next year!

As a huge Flyers fan initially I was stunned but upon reflection I pretty much agree with the moves.

Richards and Carter are best friends. Flyers needed to free up cap money to sign Brysgalov and hopefully also re-sign Leino and Powe. The Flyers thought if they only moved one the other would be unhappy causing a negative effect on the team.

Another issue was that Richards and Carter fully embraced the Philly night life. Not exactly the example you want from your team leaders. Apparently this played a large role in the tensions between Captain Richards and others (teammates such as Pronger, coaches, local media).

The emergence of Giroux and more recently van Riemsdyk also played a role in making the trades. Hopefully by adding solid young players in Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek, Sean Courturier (drafted with the 8th pick of the first round) and finally addressing the goaltending weakness the Flyers will remain a strong Cup contender for the next several years.

I agree the Kings are a team on the rise in the West.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Like I said earlier the whole Western conference should be alot interesting.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
So Ryan Smyth is back in Edmonton. LA gets Colin Fraser and a 7th round pick. Essentially, the Oilers get Smyth for nothing.

It really is pointless to keep a player after he openly states that he wants a trade. The Kings have no use for a player like Smyth if he doesn't want to play there... Either that, or they were trying to make up for the whole Gretzky thing. Whatever the reason, the Oilers finally have a quality mentor for all their young forwards...

Basically he was our "superstar."

I'm pissed about this move - real pissed. This organization is garbage. I don't even know If I'm gonna attend a game this year.

BRING BACK GABORIK!

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Same here ! I hope Stammer wants to have a winning team again and signs for a little less than what he is worth.

from reading Erik Erlendsson's tweets, Stamkos' agent is gonna bend the Lightning organization over to get him re-signed.

i hate agents. i wish players realized how out for themselves they are and went without them.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Same here ! I hope Stammer wants to have a winning team again and signs for a little less than what he is worth.

from reading Erik Erlendsson's tweets, Stamkos' agent is gonna bend the Lightning organization over to get him re-signed.

i hate agents. i wish players realized how out for themselves they are and went without them.

Change your avatars, you bandwagon fans! :cussing:

I wish players could go without agents also. Unfortunately, they would then get screwed over all the time so having one is probably the lesser of two evils. It would also be nice if a player was savvy enough to handle all his own negotiations, but that's a rarity. Still, I think players have to enforce their will on their agents more to get what they want when they want something, even if it doesn't maximize the money they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.