• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what the Flyers are doing anymore. They take Talbot from the Penguins and grab Jagr, but at the same time they let Leino get taken by the Sabres. Jagr is not worth depleting the entire roster for! Nor is Bryzgalov, for that matter.

I tried to find a clip from Quantum Leap of Scott Bakula saying "Oh boy" for this, but since I couldn't find one, I'll just have to use this:

:facepalm:

Flyers are not gonna be as good next season. And Phoenix gave way too much money for Mike Smith. I like him but because of the very sub par season he had , I would have not payed more than 1 million/season for him.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

Mauser98k

Closed Account
What a bitch! He knew he was going to sign there the entire time. The Rangers will still be a 7th seed at best. He shoulda been a Leaf.

so he could play for a 10th place team? ;)

yeah, that whole thing of teams meeting with him was pretty nonsensical if he was just going to sign with the Rangers as expected

so he could play for a 10th place team? ;)

yeah, that whole thing of teams meeting with him was pretty nonsensical if he was just going to sign with the Rangers as expected

The Rangers barely made the playoffs. A measely 8 points above Toronto with a far superior team in regards to talent. The Leafs are a playoff team with Richards, and will be a playoff team regardless in 2 years max. I'm taking bets.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
The Bruins lost Michael Ryder to Dallas he is going there for 7 million, bummer too because he was great in the playoffs.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Just reflecting on whats happened thus far, most of the coveted players were severely over paid, there's no doubt about that, though there were some pretty good players that were picked up @ a reasonable price, but now that the Rangers signed B. Richards it dawned on me that, he would have been a nice fit for the Maple Leafs, but IMO that's who the Flyer's should have targeted, pursued and snatched up no matter the price, instead of making all of the bizarre and otherwise foolish moves they've made thus far. :dunno::confused:

With the Flyers parting with J. Carter, M. Richards, and V. Leino for the players they added to replace them just makes no logical sense whatsoever. :eek:

Some comments to make:

Ville Leino signed by Buffalo for 6 years/$27 million... idiotic. He scored a career-high 19 goals last season playing with some pretty talented linemates in Philadelphia.

James Wisniewski signed by Columbus for 6 years/$33 million... even more idiotic. No way is he worth over $5 million a year.

Some other overpriced contracts, but those are the two that really stick out and are long-term as well.

Trading a first-round pick and a second-round pick for Semyon Varlamov!?!?!?!?!? What are the Avalanche thinking? Varlamov is worth one second-round pick. That's it. Especially since they signed Jean-Sebastien Giguere to a two-year deal as well.

Dallas made some great moves by signing Michael Ryder and Radek Dvorak. Sheldon Souray is probably going to be useless (I seriously hope so), but for one year/$1.65 million, it's a small price to pay for the risk.

The Panthers signed and traded for some good players, but they overpaid on Ed Jovanovski (4 years/$16.5 million) and Scottie Upshall (4 years/$14 million). Adding Brian Campbell, Tomas Kopecky, and Jose Theodore will help, but this team still isn't that good. At least they're trying.

Erik Cole is a hero and he's joining a team of heroes in Montreal.

The Maxime Talbot contract is awesome for the Flyers. The guy is a great player and they locked him up long-term for cheap, you don't see that too often.

The Steve Sullivan signing by the Penguins was pretty good. He is a sick dangler and was once a premier scorer.

Joel Ward and Roman Hamrlik are great additions by the Capitals. They finally have some players with some playoff ability.

Brad Richards got his. Too bad the Rangers are still light years away from being a Stanley Cup contender.

By far the biggest winners so far this offseason are the Los Angeles Kings. They just signed Simon Gagne today and they added Mike Richards earlier in the offseason. Their forwards are going to be stacked, Drew Doughty is one of the league's best defencemen, and Jonathan Quick is a superb goaltender. As of right now (obviously there's a ways to go before next season) they are my pick to win the Cup.

Now, as for my Edmonton Oilers, I love the moves we made. Trading Kurtis Foster (good riddance) for Andy Sutton was a great move. Ben Eager for 3 years/$3.3 million is a great signing, he is a fourth-line player who can actually play hockey (unlike Zach Stortini and Steve MacIntyre). Eric Belanger is an awesome face-off guy and penalty killer. Cam Barker was a much-needed solid defenceman. And all of these contracts were the right amount of money, we didn't overpay. It seems like Steve Tambellini actually had a plan this offseason, which our GMs haven't ever seemed to have.

Our forward lines are going to be formidable. Defence is still lacklustre, but we might be able to remedy that at some point. It has yet to be seen if Devan Dubnyk can be a starting goalie in the NHL, but I hope we give him a chance to start the season because Nikolai Khabibulin can kick rocks, in my opinion. Most importantly, we have that leader that we need in Ryan Smyth. He will lead by example and the whole team will go back to playing like they did back when we had him before, as if each game is their last. This is a team with a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. It would be overachieving if we did, but we used to overachieve every year back in the day with Smytty leading the way.

NHL players are starting to make some damn sizable money playing stick. I just wish my brother in law would finally make it to the big leagues. but Europe is calling his name. You can make six figures playing on the other side of the pond but league minimum in the NHL is over $400,000. :surprise:

PlasmaTwa2

It has finally happened: Capitals sign Thomas Vokoun.

It has finally happened: Capitals sign Thomas Vokoun.

And for almost nothing at 1.5 million. I'm really surprised ( and pissed ) that washington where able to sign him for such a low amount. It's going to be a battle again to win the souhteast between the bolts and caps.

And for almost nothing at 1.5 million. I'm really surprised ( and pissed ) that washington where able to sign him for such a low amount. It's going to be a battle again to win the souhteast between the bolts and caps.

He must have a shitty agent. Anyone who knows someone in the league could tell you that - a good agent makes a big difference in negotiations. How many years was it for?

The Wild are going to be a bottom-basement team next year, I can feel it. They need to pick up some goddamn decent players. They sell out damn near every game and they can't pick up some fucking tallent. I'm still pissed - to this day - about Gabby leaving town.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Vokoun really had no option. the only team looking for a solid #1 was Colorado and they fucked themselves by taking a guy who was interested in returning to Russia.

that would have been Tomas' only other option: Europe or Russia. to stay here, he took a huge pay cut. kinda wish Stamkos had his agent because this is annoying. but, i digress.

Washington may have just gotten into the Cup Final with that move.

Vokoun really had no option. the only team looking for a solid #1 was Colorado and they fucked themselves by taking a guy who was interested in returning to Russia.

that would have been Tomas' only other option: Europe or Russia. to stay here, he took a huge pay cut. kinda wish Stamkos had his agent because this is annoying. but, i digress.

I'd rather play in the KHL if I was going to make 10 times more scrilla. Whether or not he could've locked up a contract like that, I don't know.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Some comments to make:

Ville Leino signed by Buffalo for 6 years/$27 million... idiotic. He scored a career-high 19 goals last season playing with some pretty talented linemates in Philadelphia.

James Wisniewski signed by Columbus for 6 years/$33 million... even more idiotic. No way is he worth over $5 million a year.

Some other overpriced contracts, but those are the two that really stick out and are long-term as well.

Trading a first-round pick and a second-round pick for Semyon Varlamov!?!?!?!?!? What are the Avalanche thinking? Varlamov is worth one second-round pick. That's it. Especially since they signed Jean-Sebastien Giguere to a two-year deal as well.

Dallas made some great moves by signing Michael Ryder and Radek Dvorak. Sheldon Souray is probably going to be useless (I seriously hope so), but for one year/$1.65 million, it's a small price to pay for the risk.

The Panthers signed and traded for some good players, but they overpaid on Ed Jovanovski (4 years/$16.5 million) and Scottie Upshall (4 years/$14 million). Adding Brian Campbell, Tomas Kopecky, and Jose Theodore will help, but this team still isn't that good. At least they're trying.

Erik Cole is a hero and he's joining a team of heroes in Montreal.

The Maxime Talbot contract is awesome for the Flyers. The guy is a great player and they locked him up long-term for cheap, you don't see that too often.

The Steve Sullivan signing by the Penguins was pretty good. He is a sick dangler and was once a premier scorer.

Joel Ward and Roman Hamrlik are great additions by the Capitals. They finally have some players with some playoff ability.

Brad Richards got his. Too bad the Rangers are still light years away from being a Stanley Cup contender.

By far the biggest winners so far this offseason are the Los Angeles Kings. They just signed Simon Gagne today and they added Mike Richards earlier in the offseason. Their forwards are going to be stacked, Drew Doughty is one of the league's best defencemen, and Jonathan Quick is a superb goaltender. As of right now (obviously there's a ways to go before next season) they are my pick to win the Cup.

Now, as for my Edmonton Oilers, I love the moves we made. Trading Kurtis Foster (good riddance) for Andy Sutton was a great move. Ben Eager for 3 years/$3.3 million is a great signing, he is a fourth-line player who can actually play hockey (unlike Zach Stortini and Steve MacIntyre). Eric Belanger is an awesome face-off guy and penalty killer. Cam Barker was a much-needed solid defenceman. And all of these contracts were the right amount of money, we didn't overpay. It seems like Steve Tambellini actually had a plan this offseason, which our GMs haven't ever seemed to have.

Our forward lines are going to be formidable. Defence is still lacklustre, but we might be able to remedy that at some point. It has yet to be seen if Devan Dubnyk can be a starting goalie in the NHL, but I hope we give him a chance to start the season because Nikolai Khabibulin can kick rocks, in my opinion. Most importantly, we have that leader that we need in Ryan Smyth. He will lead by example and the whole team will go back to playing like they did back when we had him before, as if each game is their last. This is a team with a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. It would be overachieving if we did, but we used to overachieve every year back in the day with Smytty leading the way.

And don't forget that Vokoun is signed with the Capitals.

If Backstrom and Semin play like crap like they did in the playoffs , they won't go past the second round again next season. They didn't have a bad goalie this year , Neuvirth was solid most of the time. So although I must admit Vokoun is an improvement for them , it's not that big of an improvement over Neuvirth.

PlasmaTwa2

If Backstrom and Semin play like crap like they did in the playoffs , they won't go past the second round again next season. They didn't have a bad goalie this year , Neuvirth was solid most of the time. So although I must admit Vokoun is an improvement for them , it's not that big of an improvement over Neuvirth.

Washington now has a top-five goalie. If they can't win with Vokoun they never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.