• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '09/'10 Season Thread

Mauser98k

Closed Account
TAMPA BAY - Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Paul Ranger has been granted an indefinite leave of absence by the team, Executive Vice President and General Manager Brian Lawton announced today. Ranger, who missed the team’s game against the Buffalo Sabres this past Saturday, will return to the Lightning as soon as he is able.

“Before Saturday’s morning skate for the Buffalo game, Paul indicated to coach Rick Tocchet that he and the team might be better served if he took a personal leave,” Lawton said upon making the announcement. “After some internal consultation and further discussions with Paul, we agreed with him on both fronts and intend on allowing him the personal time he needs. There will be no further comment from the Lightning or our players and coaches on this matter and we ask that everyone please respect Paul’s privacy at this time.”

Ranger, in his fifth year with the Lightning, has played in eight games this season, recording a goal and an assist. He ranks fifth on the team in average ice time with 20:19. Ranger has played in 270 career NHL games, all with Tampa Bay. He has scored 18 career goals and registered 92 points. Ranger has also played in 11 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

that doesn't sound good.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Lightning 5 Senators 2

the Bolts have 4 wins this season and 3 have come by the score 5-2. and Tangauy finally ended his drought and picked up his first goal as a Lightning

Lightning 5 Senators 2

the Bolts have 4 wins this season and 3 have come by the score 5-2. and Tangauy finally ended his drought and picked up his first goal as a Lightning

Stamkos was incredible , his second goal in the game was highlight reel material. Vinny is still having problems finding his game , imagine if Lecavalier and Tanguay start playing better , Tampa will be a force.

Buffalo 8-1-1 Ah yes, the end of October. Time to gear up for a big season just to have my heart crushed in May or June.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Anaheim 7-2 over Vancouver.

What. The. Fuck.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
dammit i hate the shootout. all the names we have and NOBODY can score. Niittymaki was (a GOD) in net tonight so this proves it's not always Smith's fault

and on a side note, that was one boring game...

dammit i hate the shootout. all the names we have and NOBODY can score. Niittymaki was (a GOD) in net tonight so this proves it's not always Smith's fault

and on a side note, that was one boring game...

They really played like crap for two whole periods and then came the shootout that they can never win... But look on the bright side they still got a very undeserved point.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
They really played like crap for two whole periods and then came the shootout that they can never win... But look on the bright side they still got a very undeserved point.

this is true.

on Monday we play the Flyers. their 4th line consists of Carcillo/Laperriere/Cote. if ever there was a time to call up Mitch Fritz, it would be now.

we have Konopka (who i really like having on the team) and Downie who will fight but Fedoruk is a terrible fighter. we need that large presence of Fritzy on the ice to help us control those 3 guys.

PlasmaTwa2

Out of all the people in the league to finally bring down Ovechkin, who would have guess it would have been Raffi Torres?

Good comeback from the Blue Jackets.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
6-2 Flyers. another failure by Smitty. Niitty should be starter and so help me god if we lose tomorrow in Toronto...

6-2 Flyers. another failure by Smitty. Niitty should be starter and so help me god if we lose tomorrow in Toronto...

there's so little chance of that, that if it happens you simply have to count it as an act of god. it surely wouldn't be because the better team won...

PlasmaTwa2

we are better than Toronto which is why we should win.

:dunno: Anaheim is a better team, too, but they still lost now.

Islanders looked like an actual team today. Whomped them Oilers good. I'm surprised how much Tavares is actually contributing to the team point wise. I thought it would take a little longer for him to adjust to the pro level.

we are better than Toronto which is why we should win.

With Lecavalier and Tanguay being almost non factors , i'm scared that Tampa might loose against Toronto.

I don't know what is wrong with Mike Smith this year , but bottom line is he sucks and I agree that Antero Niittymaki should be the starter untill Smitty gets his act together ( and I hope he will ). I can't believe how much Vinny sucks this year , it's like he doesn't want to play.

PlasmaTwa2

Coyotes fall to the Kings. The attendance was less than 6000.

Maybe the best thing for the Coyotes is to stay in Phoenix. From the looks of the team so far they will be competative throughout the year, and maybe contend for a playoff spot. If fans come, then it proves the NHL right. But if they are a winning team and they still play to a quarter-filled arena, then the NHL has no excuses and they will move the team, preferably to Winnipeg or Quebec City.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Tampa Bay 2 Toronto 1

Niittymaki stopped 40 shots tonight. he needs to be the starter.

is it too soon for me to start saying i'm "Waki for 'Maki"?

PlasmaTwa2

Tampa Bay 2 Toronto 1

Niittymaki stopped 40 shots tonight. he needs to be the starter.

is it too soon for me to start saying i'm "Waki for 'Maki"?

Well, your team just snuck by the worst in the league, so I'd say wait a bit. Remember, when Smitty does good you get a boner, too.

Rangers are playing the Canucks. I have little hope for a victory tonight, but maybe, just maybe Raycroft will play another great game.