• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '09/'10 Season Thread

Mauser98k

Closed Account
i've heard a Rumor about that the Oilers might be trying to get Ryan Malone from TB. probably just a Rumor, but it it's not, they can want him all they want. trading Malone would be a horrible idea

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Sharks are on top of TSN's power rankings this week, followed by Colorado and Philadelphia. Buffalo is fourth and Washington rounds out the top five.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=548

I have to say that I think that 26th is a little high for the Leafs. They win two games in a row and suddenly the Canadian media has a boner for them again.

i've heard a rumor about that the Oilers might be trying to get Ryan Malone from TB. probably just a rumor, but it it's not, they can want him all they want. trading Malone would be a horrible idea

Not just horrible , very stupid as well. I respect Brian Lawton a lot for what he has done as Lightning GM so far and I'm sure he will not trade Malone unless the oilers give a king's ransom.

I saw this reply on Yahoo Sports and it just about says it all to me, about the Montreal Canadiens:

"I'm 29 and have been a Habs fan ever since the 93 Stanley Cup. I've always loved the team and been positive regardless of how great or bad of a season Les Boys had. The saying goes that "everyone loves a winner," but if this were true, many of us would've abandoned the team sometime in the late 1990s/early 2000's. So, what is it then? Personally, I think it is because we genuinely love this team and love that it actually had heart. We all rooted for Jocelyn Thibault, even though he was, at times, a human sieve. The ZZiP line of Zholtok, Zubrus, and Petrov was the talk of the Montreal media and fans, even though we had no chance of making the playoffs that season. Igor Ulanov was never going to be Andrei Markov or like the MacInnis/ Nedermayer / Prongers of the game: he was a gritty stay-at-home defenceman, but we all cheered when he got a point because he played with heart. The list goes on and on:

Shayne Corson, who would fight and annoy anything with a pulse on another team, Turner "The Hands of Stone" Stevenson, Gino Odjick, the enforcer who actually slipped on the ice and injured himself outside of the hotel during a layover from a Hurricanes game, Francis Bouillon, the strong and stable little defenceman, Patrice Brisebois, the defenceman that everyone loves to love or hate, depending on his last game, or the suddenness of the McCleary injury or the Malakhov skiing expedition.

So what's the point? Previous Canadiens teams have had heart and you could cheer for and relate to them. Unfortunately, this current team is big on talent and small on cohesion and heart; therefore, I'm torn: Bob Gainey has put together a team that is big in numbers and small on heart, so as much as I want a successful team, I don't think that this current team deserves it and I'm not sure that I want them to succeed. I'd rather have a team I could believe in, rather than a bunch of glamourous, over-paid rentals. Who are we...the NY Rangers?!?!!?"

Anybody else agree?

Mauser98k

Closed Account
another shootout loss, but we got that 1 point i was hoping we'd get from the tough LA Kings. and we're undefeated in regulation at home (5-0-4)

but seriously, we REALLY REALLY need to stop going to OT and the shootout so often. that's 7 OT trips this season for us already.

PlasmaTwa2

Vancouver, Phoenix, and Los Angeles all won tonight. I am one happy camper.

I watched the Toronto/Calgary game, and Kip totally stole that game for the Flames. Toronto outplayed Calgary from midway through the first till the end of the game. If Calgary didn't have such a good goalie then the game would have been a blowout.

PlasmaTwa2

It seems Toronto is outplaying a lot of teams this year.

Well when they have two backup-quality goaltenders as their goalies, I understand how they lose games.

Everyone says Gustavsson is a great goalie, but I have yet to see anything great from him. Toskala outplayed him tonight, and everyone in Toronto bitches like Toskala is the worst thing to ever happen to the team.

Well when they have two backup-quality goaltenders as their goalies, I understand how they lose games.

Everyone says Gustavsson is a great goalie, but I have yet to see anything great from him. Toskala outplayed him tonight, and everyone in Toronto bitches like Toskala is the worst thing to ever happen to the team.

I have a friend who bought a Toskala jersey just to spray paint all over it and throw it on the ice at the Colorado game a few weeks ago. He also thinks Gustavson deserves to be mentioned as an early candidate for the Vezina. :rolleyes: I guess 40 years of being shit can screw with your brain.

PlasmaTwa2

I have a friend who bought a Toskala jersey just to spray paint all over it and throw it on the ice at the Colorado game a few weeks ago. He also thinks Gustavson deserves to be mentioned as an early candidate for the Vezina. :rolleyes: I guess 40 years of being shit can screw with your brain.

Gustavson let in two goals because he (at least it looked like) wasn't even in game-mode. I hate the Flames with a passion, but when you are playing against a team with a goal scorer like Iginla, you have to come out on the ice at the start of the game and be prepared to play.

I'm just reading the comments on TSN's report on the game, and people are defending Gustavson and saying "Our saviour had one bad game and people call him a bum". Are you kidding me? He plays more games than Toskala and people try to defend him. I think people in Toronto are simply blinded by shock that their supposed saviour isn't getting them anywhere.

One comment summed the game up perfectly: Kiprusoff 5, Toronto 2.

They actually refer to him as their saviour? Haha.

The best goalie not in the NHL. There was a reason he wasn't in the NHL. And Burke even tried to put all star d-men in front of him so he would look better than he actually is. Wrong again Burke. Most over-rated GM of all time.

PlasmaTwa2

Carolina actually won a game. Holy shit!

Is Toronto the most inconsequential club in the league?

I don't mean are they the worst - they likely won't finish last in the league this year, or most any year. But, they are not ever expected to get better. They continue to sell tickets, and fans make no demands. They suck now, they will next year, and the year after that.

Are they totally irrelevant?

Is Toronto the most inconsequential club in the league?

I don't mean are they the worst - they likely won't finish last in the league this year, or most any year. But, they are not ever expected to get better. They continue to sell tickets, and fans make no demands. They suck now, they will next year, and the year after that.

Are they totally irrelevant?

I agree with you 100%, Montreal has a similar problem. Fans of those teams are not giving the owners proper incentive to produce high quality teams. No matter what management does, no matter the roaster, those two teams will still make millions of dollars of profit, and the arenas will still be sold out before game 1 of the regular season. If I was an owner, I would spend the least amount I could in order to maximize profit, I suspect the Leafs and the Habs of doing just that.

The solution, stop paying ridiculous $$$$$$ to go to games, management will then be forced to produce good teams!