• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '10/'11 Season Thread.

I gotta give props to Colbie Caillat for that ultra subdued version of the Star Spangled Banner. I really liked it and thought it was fresh. I think maybe it was subdued and out of place considering all the fireworks, smoke machines and ~ragin' rhinos~ that came outta the tunnels about 2 minutes before! :rofl:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/09/10/nfl-kickoff-colbie-caillat-national-anthem/#more-20862

I just checked my NFL tv listings for this Sunday...:facepalm: damn they are awful. I get all the shit matchups while everyone else gets the great games..:weeping:

Well the Redskins chances improved with both the starting RT and RG being declared out. Hey i've lived in Oakland since 2007 i get you about shit games on tv. thank goodness for NFL Redzone so i can at least see cool highlights of the other games

red001

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Somebody needs to page the Colts' locker room. Hey, we're playing football here! :mad: The offense has looked horrible through the first two quarters.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Houston looks sharp. Brady and the Pats are embarrassing Cincy. Where's OchoTee-Oh?

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Indy played an absolutely horrible first half of football. If there's a silver lining, it's that we're only down three points. It's a good thing Houston didn't take advantage of the Colts' miscues.

Lovie Smith just went for it on 4th and goal,instead of kicking the FG and taking the lead.AND GOT STOPPED!!! BY THE LIONS!!!

Win or lose,that guy should've been fired right then and there on the spot.

I haven't seen Indy bent over and plundered like they are being today :shocked: Are the Texans for real? Wow.

I tried watching the Bungles v Patriots via Justin but the lag was getting on my nerves. I can't deal with it.

Detriot beating da Bears? :rolleyes:

Ahh, I see the lightening has stopped. Back to Denver v Jville for me..:sleep:

I haven't seen Indy bent over and plundered like they are being today :shocked: Are the Texans for real? Wow.

I tried watching the Bungles v Patriots via Justin but the lag was getting on my nerves. I can't deal with it.

Detriot beating da Bears? :rolleyes:

Ahh, I see the lightening has stopped. Back to Denver v Jville for me..:sleep:

Lions just got cheated out of a game winning TD.This league just seems to be making up new rules as they go along.He caught the ball with two hands,landed with both feet in the endzone,went to the ground WITH CONTROL,and they say that he has to maintain control even after that,which he lost control after the ball hit the ground.

This league is so fucked up with their rules,and even though it's a moot point now,I would pitch a bitch if I were the Lions.

That was the biggest robbery I've ever seen is my 30+ years of watching sports.

^
How exactly does someone determine "maintaining control" anyway? :rolleyes:

I'll have to see the replay...:o

It's pretty obvious that he had control.

Wasn't juggling the ball at all.

Put it this way,if he would've made the exact same catch,but instead of in the end zone,it was going to the sideline,it would've been a catch.And if it were in the Superbowl,it would've been a catch also.

This supposed "rule" is nothing more than another convenient tool that the league and official can use whenever they need to,to determine the outcome of games.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
^^ No, it's not. If you leave your feet, you must make the catch, get two feet down, and maintain possession all the way to the ground. The rule is actually very specific.

It was not a catch. Plain and simple.

HOLY SHIT I just caught the replay! The WR got up to celebrate, he didn't lose control of the ball! WTF????

That is the worst call I've seen that I can remember.....wow.

THey're going to talk about the dubious play on NFL Network after the commercial break. We can all get a look at the play...

I have a feeling this call will look worse and worse with all the forthcoming replays....

I guess we know what issue will be #1 on Around the Horn :rofl: Where's Marriotti to sandbag the Bears :rofl:

^^ No, it's not. If you leave your feet, you must make the catch, get two feet down, and maintain possession all the way to the ground. The rule is actually very specific.

It was not a catch. Plain and simple.

You obviously didn't see the play,because he did exactly just that,but they added that in the end zone,you have to further maintain possession even after you go to the ground.It's total bullshit!

How come if,say you are running the ball in,and the ball crosses the plane of the goal line while in a players possession,the play is immediately over even it he loses possession after the ball crosses,whether or not any part of the player's body is in the end zone?

If you hit the ground with possession of the ball,the play should be over right then and there.This is the first time that I've ever heard of the bullshit that they are preaching about "one continuous act" in the end zone,where you pretty much have to stand up with the ball after you come down with it.

Watch the replay and tell me that Johnson's catch wasn't a TD.

And like I said,if it were a higher profile game,there's no way that they wouldn't have called that catch a TD.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I saw the replay. He has to complete the play by holding onto the ball. He did not do that, therefore it's not a catch.

If you're running with the ball, you've already established possession. When you cross the plane, it's a TD. Now, when you catch the ball in the end zone, you have not established possession yet. Hence the rule.

The Lions got hosed. He was into his TD celebration when he dropped the ball :facepalm:

He couldn't have caught it any better or clearer. It turned into a 1-hand catch at one point! He had enough control to shift the ball from two to one hand....:anonymous:

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Again, nothing else matters unless he maintains control of the ball throughout. That did not happen, thus by rule, it's not a catch. Personally, I think it's an idiotic rule, but it is a rule nonetheless.

Again, nothing else matters unless he maintains control of the ball throughout. That did not happen, thus by rule, it's not a catch. Personally, I think it's an idiotic rule, but it is a rule nonetheless.

It's not just idiotic,it's a fucking convenience for fixing games.

Fuck what that "made up" rule states,it was a fucking TD,plain and simple.They got robbed.