• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '10/'11 Season Thread.

Statistically better compared to what? Leinart has hardly played to get statistics to compare to. In any case I can see them both being bad, and I guess in that case you might as well go with the younger guy that your paying a lot that still might have to potential to be alright even if it doesn't look like it instead of the person you know is crappy. Either way it's not looking good for them right now.

I bet there are a lot of people jumping off the Arizona bandwagon that got on it the last few years. :1orglaugh

Right now, Leinart has a very high completion percentage and has thrown no INTs. Anderson has a low completion percentage, more yards completed, and more INTs. If anything, Anderson is a wild gunslinger who might complete a 50 yarder and miss 5 consecutive 10 yarders :dunno:

I'm sure Pete Carroll will swoop in and gobble up Leinart if the idiots in Zona cut him...

Right now, Leinart has a very high completion percentage and has thrown no INTs. Anderson has a low completion percentage, more yards completed, and more INTs. If anything, Anderson is a wild gunslinger who might complete a 50 yarder and miss 5 consecutive 10 yarders :dunno:

I'm sure Pete Carroll will swoop in and gobble up Leinart if the idiots in Zona cut him...

I just don't think Leinart has played enough to get a good baseline for where is actual completion percentage is. Most of the time sitting on the bench a few years and learning under a great quarterback helps people. One would hope he wasn't so lazy as to learn nothing from Warner the last few years. The Cardinals better just hope he ends up being more like that "They where who we thought they were" game against the Bears person than the crappy person he seems at other times.

MIA34 actually some 3rd stringers as well the Jets looked Terrible other than LT.
the redskins gifted them the safety late in the 2nd quarter so the jets offense generated 9 points not a Super Bowl contender's offense. Houston really took it to the Cowboys. now i know the Cowboys don't game plan, but come on even basic coverage and tackling skills would be nice

red001

MIA34 actually some 3rd stringers as well the Jets looked Terrible other than LT.
the redskins gifted them the safety late in the 2nd quarter so the jets offense generated 9 points not a Super Bowl contender's offense. Houston really took it to the Cowboys. now i know the Cowboys don't game plan, but come on even basic coverage and tackling skills would be nice

red001

I don't know whether to get excited that the Jets are looking awful or get worried. Usually when teams suck like this in the pre-season they get motivated and play really well in the season that counts.

God I hope we give it to them again...

Favre played alright last night. Some injuries for the Queens however so don't know how the NFC North will play out this year. It's an improved division for sure.

I would guess Cincy, Seattle and Tennessee would be the favorites to swoop in for Leinart..

(Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots steal him and give all the other teams a giant nuttsack :thefinger right before the season starts :yesyes:)

In reality, the Vikings should be the frontrunners to get him. THEY NEED HIM NOW!

I don't know whether to get excited that the Jets are looking awful or get worried. Usually when teams suck like this in the pre-season they get motivated and play really well in the season that counts.

I think the most worrisome thing for them has to be how dull Sanchez has looked so far. That's even worse than anything going on with Revis.

Yeah, TJ will be a good signing for them. Gives the Ravens a good #2 or 3 option to go along with Boldin. Leinart signed with the Texans too for one year. That might be a good fit for him since it is a west coast offense and he doesn't have a strong arm. I read where Leinart and Wisenhunt did not get along so great and had clashing philosophies and the release had more to do with non football issues than anything.:dunno:

Ray Lewis is getting into a war of words with the New York Jets.

In a conference call Thursday with reporters who cover the Jets, the Ravens’ middle linebacker took the opportunity to respond to the swagger coach Rex Ryan and his players have displayed during the preseason. Many publications, including Sporting News, have tabbed the Jets as Super Bowl 45 favorites.

"The bottom line is—and I'm going to be very careful with this—we're talking about the Jets like we're talking about the Saints," Lewis said. "That's the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that's the only people that can be dethroned—Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets.”

Lewis took issue with Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie's proclamation that they are the “Miami Heat of football”—a team with the talent to be considered champions-in-waiting.

"If you're the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers," Lewis said. "We're aiming for multiple rings. But you listen to all this yap, yap, yap, the bottom line is you got to buckle up your chin straps."

One Hard Knocks clip especially irked Lewis. After Ryan allowed Sanchez to call offensive plays from the sideline during a preseason game—taking over for coordinator Brian Schottenheimer—the coach referred to a similar scenario in which he had permitted Lewis and safety Ed Reed to briefly call defensive plays during his days as Baltimore's coordinator. According to Ryan, Sanchez handled the play-calling duties better than Lewis and Reed.

"Whatever he feels that they want to say—and all of these Jets want to talk, man—you've still got to play the game," Lewis said. "The game ain't played through tongues. The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So, all this pressure he wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes."

Wooooeeeee. I'm looking forward to that game Monday night. I'll put some money on Baltimore.

Is anybody else unimpressed with both New Orleans and Minnesota?

so the Vikings offense was bad because Brett has no timing with any of his receivers by week 4 that should be better. the Vikings defense adjust to the Saints offense real well. The Saints after the Second score went to ball control and win the game mode. although not exciting i wasn't disappointed at all

red001

so the Vikings offense was bad because Brett has no timing with any of his receivers by week 4 that should be better. the Vikings defense adjust to the Saints offense real well. The Saints after the Second score went to ball control and win the game mode. although not exciting i wasn't disappointed at all

red001

Also, let's not undermine the Saint's defense. They played fairly well. After Shiancoe scored, he was pretty much quite for the rest of the night. Also, give credit to the Saint's O-line. I didn't hear Jared Allen's name called all night, and those two guards were chopping the Williams brothers up all night. For people expecting a shoot-out, well, this is what happens when two very good teams meet. It was a close game just like it was 7 months ago.

Now I am looking forward to seeing the Redskins beat the snot out of the Cowboys, the Chargers to manhandle the Chiefs, and the Ravens to pop the Jets balloon.

i was bored throughout the game...after the first score i was like, hell yea, shootout!! and then...nothing, til favre threw a td and the saints scoring drive in the 3rd was pretty boring, with just running the ball...harper on shianoce, after that, he couldnt get away from harper at all...favre didnt trust no one with the ball, besides shianoce...should of ran AP more on their final possession, they never saw the ball again after the 5:20 mark left in the 4th...good running with the slant cut back run for thomas...vikings couldnt stop that run at all...clearly brett misses sidney rice...