• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA is trying to get the Hornets an owner, and so far all the NBA is doing is making the team unsellable.
An unhappy point guard whos not coming back next season, their best post player David West has left, no supporting cast for Chris Paul...Who wouldnt want this team, esp when the future looks so bright with the crappy players they have apart from the point guard who is gone at the end of the season, i also doubt the NBA will want to sell the team to someone who intends to or at least considers moving the team, cause the way things are going that just might be most of the bidders.

...but isn't this where you want the team when you buy it? I'm sorry, why would N.O. still want Paul if he just wants to clique up with buddies and not give a damn about the franchise. West left, but he had a myriad of injuries and was also being a dick. IMO, this makes N.O. way more sellable. Get people who don't wanna be there out and get picks and others who do wanna be there in. Stern is keep small market teams relevant. The team West went to, Indiana, is greatly benefiting overall. Stern sees what a lot of us can't, and like Jerry Reinsdorf with the Bulls, on day you'll have no choice but see it.

...but isn't this where you want the team when you buy it? I'm sorry, why would N.O. still want Paul if he just wants to clique up with buddies and not give a damn about the franchise. West left, but he had a myriad of injuries and was also being a dick. IMO, this makes N.O. way more sellable. Get people who don't wanna be there out and get picks and others who do wanna be there in. Stern is keep small market teams relevant. The team West went to, Indiana, is greatly benefiting overall. Stern sees what a lot of us can't, and like Jerry Reinsdorf with the Bulls, on day you'll have no choice but see it.

If Stern is trying to keep small market teams relevant, why is he turning down all these trades? Paul doesn't want the Hornets and they don't want him. Soooooo what's the problem? No pieces are better than some pieces? I don't get it.

Teams can get rid of a players contract without it counting against their payroll. The player will still be paid the remainder of his contract, but it just allows his former team more cap flexibility.

I don't understand why they had him going to Miami though? I thought under the amnesty rule teams over the cap such as Miami couldn't claim amnesty players unless he wasn't picked up by any of the teams they were under the cap, teams under the cap have first shot at amnesty players.

If Stern is trying to keep small market teams relevant, why is he turning down all these trades? Paul doesn't want the Hornets and they don't want him. Soooooo what's the problem? No pieces are better than some pieces? I don't get it.

Paul has chosen not to sign any extension. This has been well known for a while now. He's keeping small market teams relevant by not letting players pull strings to dictate their own trades, screwing small markets who draft them. Play out or play for cheap. Stern is giving teams leverage in order to keep their stars. His method is shady, but it works. As it stands, the 'Bron's and Melo's of the world up the asking price for the small market teams, drive up the demand, and leave to big market clubs while leaving money on the table to do it. All the while knowing full well, their team could have never improved even if they did bend to their will. No Chris Paul... you wanna jump ship and demand trades, good luck... we'll trade you to another small market squad or a big market team for a kings ransom, thus improving the Hornets. If not, play the season, and walk, but be aware that any big market squad would have to give up pieces to accomodate your asking price. When those piece come available, small markets will benefit.

I don't understand why they had him going to Miami though? I thought under the amnesty rule teams over the cap such as Miami couldn't claim amnesty players unless he wasn't picked up by any of the teams they were under the cap, teams under the cap have first shot at amnesty players.

I'm sure the people who thought Miami could land him aren't aware of the rules of the amnesty clause.

Paul has chosen not to sign any extension. This has been well known for a while now. He's keeping small market teams relevant by not letting players pull strings to dictate their own trades, screwing small markets who draft them. Play out or play for cheap. Stern is giving teams leverage in order to keep their stars. His method is shady, but it works. As it stands, the 'Bron's and Melo's of the world up the asking price for the small market teams, drive up the demand, and leave to big market clubs while leaving money on the table to do it. All the while knowing full well, their team could have never improved even if they did bend to their will. No Chris Paul... you wanna jump ship and demand trades, good luck... we'll trade you to another small market squad or a big market team for a kings ransom, thus improving the Hornets. If not, play the season, and walk, but be aware that any big market squad would have to give up pieces to accomodate your asking price. When those piece come available, small markets will benefit.

So, assuming Stern deems none of the offers made, and none of the trades offered in the future worthy, the message he sends to the rest of the league is worth letting Paul walk for nothing? Why wasn't anything established in the CBA about this? You can't make an agreement, and then say, "oh shit, this agreement sucks, I'm going to abuse my power to fix everything."

I'm sure the people who thought Miami could land him aren't aware of the rules of the amnesty clause.

So, assuming Stern deems none of the offers made, and none of the trades offered in the future worthy, the message he sends to the rest of the league is worth letting Paul walk for nothing? Why wasn't anything established in the CBA about this? You can't make an agreement, and then say, "oh shit, this agreement sucks, I'm going to abuse my power to fix everything."

As a FA, Paul would have the ability to walk anyway. The message Stern is sending is players are not gonna win by sabotaging their team in the process. If you do walk, you do so having to take less money and the new CBA doesn't allow for big market teams to exceed the luxury tax, so they would have to unload to stack superstars.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Can they just move the hornets to Seattle or Vancouver already?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
David Stern knows where the bodies are buried.

So its good for the Hornets franchise and their sale value if they lose their star player and get nothing in return? If the owners didnt want players dictating where they go, they shouldve stopped that during the CBA negotiations. The owners got what they deserved, and as much as i hate players forming super teams, they are playing within the rules. I still maintain that this is going to be very bad for the NBA long term, there will soon be a revolt from smaller markets who are being victimized by players dictating where they play.

Golden State signs Kwame Brown to a 1 year $7 million deal. haha. Weren't owners just complaining about money?

How is Crawford still a free agent? Is he waiting for Chicago to make an offer? Is Nene still available too? WTF is going on here?

Good to see Marc Gasol stay in Memphis. It's refreshing to see some people still have a sense of loyalty.

So its good for the Hornets franchise and their sale value if they lose their star player and get nothing in return? If the owners didnt want players dictating where they go, they shouldve stopped that during the CBA negotiations. The owners got what they deserved, and as much as i hate players forming super teams, they are playing within the rules. I still maintain that this is going to be very bad for the NBA long term, there will soon be a revolt from smaller markets who are being victimized by players dictating where they play.

Hell yeah!!! In the long run it is better. There is no sense in hanging on to any player that doesn't wanna be there and will only suck all the cash out of the franchise. It might sting a bit up front, but get your money together and draft picks and move on.

Hell yeah!!! In the long run it is better. There is no sense in hanging on to any player that doesn't wanna be there and will only suck all the cash out of the franchise. It might sting a bit up front, but get your money together and draft picks and move on.

So Paul eventually gets what he wants regardless of what happens and New Orleans doesn't bend to the will of a player, get fucked anyway, licks heir wounds and starts over...with nothing.

The only message this sends to other primadonna players is, fulfil your contract and leave your team with nothing at the end of it.

So Paul eventually gets what he wants regardless of what happens and New Orleans doesn't bend to the will of a player, get fucked anyway, licks heir wounds and starts over...with nothing.

The only message this sends to other primadonna players is, fulfil your contract and leave your team with nothing at the end of it.

Kinda. Paul will leave cash on the table doing this, but in my opinion, not enough. Rashard Lewis did this to Seattle a few years back, and now OKC has Kevin Durant. Chicago went thorugh it with Ben Gordon as well. Depending on who heads your franchise, you don't have to suffer long.

Kinda. Paul will leave cash on the table doing this, but in my opinion, not enough. Rashard Lewis did this to Seattle a few years back, and now OKC has Kevin Durant. Chicago went thorugh it with Ben Gordon as well. Depending on who heads your franchise, you don't have to suffer long.

Well let's hope New Orleans stays strong and gets some good karma back in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.