• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
Whatever Roy chooses to do i wish him the best.

It's been posted already.

Knicks acquired Tyson Chandler in a 3team sign-&-trade w/ the Mavericks & Wizards.

Welcome to New York!
http://www.stooorage.com/show/1073/5008503_chandler_670_knicksuniform_111210.jpg

My Bulls are entering talks to acquire Dwight Howard. The Bulls have to go all in on this. If I'm them I'm calling the Magic and telling them they can have anybody but Rose.

David West backs out of the Celtic sign and trade and takes the 2 year, $20 million contract in Indiana. Good move for the Pacers.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Odom, to the team that swept the floor with you, for draft picks???

:facepalm:

....and big Kob ain't happy about it. :facepalm:
Mike Brown is in for a LONG year if Kobe ain't happy w/ the Laker front office...esp. that dope, Jim Buss.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
My Bulls are entering talks to acquire Dwight Howard. The Bulls have to go all in on this. If I'm them I'm calling the Magic and telling them they can have anybody but Rose.

I hope that goes through, that would be huge

Odom, to the team that swept the floor with you, for draft picks???

:facepalm:

Silly move on the surface. But after the CP debacle it seemed like Odom was none too pleased and to get a trade exception for Odom's contract, it should open up some bargaining room. I mean, I would certainly hope that the Lakers didn't just trade the reigning 6th man of the year (to the defending champs, no less :mad:) for a $9m trade exception that they aren't going to use this season.

I would bet that if Laker fans stay patient that we'll see something of note here in the next 3-4 days.

Eric Gordon, Aminu, Bledsoe, and a lottery pick for two years of Chris Paul? Sounds like a dumb trade to me for the Clippers. That'd mortgage the future for a team that at best would be a 5 or 6 seed in the West. Name 5 SGs better than Eric Gordon. Just cuz no one's heard of him doesnt mean he's not a great player.

Stern and the NBA may think they're helping the Hornets, but they're not. In fact, they're destroying what little future that franchise had.

Clippers deal for CP3 is off.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...lippers-trade-dies-price-too-high-sources-say

IMO Stern is fucking with Chris they know he's leaving nxt year. but want him to play this season for the Hornets. and are asking for too much in return on purpose.

The NBA needs to get their story straight. They keep implying that they are blocking these trades because the Hornets aren't receiving enough in return, yet with the way things are going, all the Hornets are going to get is a pissed off CP who leaves at the end of the year anyway with nothing in return.

I'll admit that I am biased, as a Laker fan. But even the trade to the Clippers being done away with is ridiculous.

Eric Gordon, Aminu, Bledsoe, and a lottery pick for two years of Chris Paul? Sounds like a dumb trade to me for the Clippers. That'd mortgage the future for a team that at best would be a 5 or 6 seed in the West. Name 5 SGs better than Eric Gordon. Just cuz no one's heard of him doesnt mean he's not a great player.

That was my exact first reaction. Gordon is the man, no doubt about it. But I think the (shot at the) move was more an effort to convince Griffin that the Clippers are serious about competing in the near future and were using that in an effort to make sure Griffin doesn't bolt for greener pastures once his rookie contract is up, which is at the end of this year, I believe.

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
The NBA needs to get their story straight. They keep implying that they are blocking these trades because the Hornets aren't receiving enough in return, yet with the way things are going, all the Hornets are going to get is a pissed off CP who leaves at the end of the year anyway with nothing in return.

I'll admit that I am biased, as a Laker fan. But even the trade to the Clippers being done away with is ridiculous.

I agree it is ridiculous.

The Clippers claimed Chauncy Billups off waivers. at least he didn't end up in Miami sorry rwill25. :D

Griffin/Paul would have been fantastic to watch. If Paul thought Chandler could throw down his lobs, he hasn't seen nothing yet. I'm relieved that didn't go through. If Paul becomes a free agent, he'd be smart to sign there in the offseason, as much as I'd hate to see it. The Clippers with Paul is a championship team immediately.

I really hope the Lakers have an ace up their sleeve. The team as it was could have contended with Blake/World Peace not worrying about the triangle and Blake starting at PG. They were good players in the wrong system. Brown is going to run a more traditional inside/out offense that would have been good for solid players like World Peace and Blake. Now we lose our jack of all trades and 6th man of the year. We're significantly worse with him gone :mad: $20 says Odom kills us when he comes to town. :(

Here's to a healthy Bynum and Kobe keeping his head straight. *crosses fingers*

I agree it is ridiculous.

The Clippers claimed Chauncy Billups off waivers. at least he didn't end up in Miami sorry rwill25. :D

I dont get whats going on, what happens with that amnesty thing?

I dont get whats going on, what happens with that amnesty thing?

Teams can get rid of a players contract without it counting against their payroll. The player will still be paid the remainder of his contract, but it just allows his former team more cap flexibility.

The NBA is trying to get the Hornets an owner, and so far all the NBA is doing is making the team unsellable.
An unhappy point guard whos not coming back next season, their best post player David West has left, no supporting cast for Chris Paul...Who wouldnt want this team, esp when the future looks so bright with the crappy players they have apart from the point guard who is gone at the end of the season, i also doubt the NBA will want to sell the team to someone who intends to or at least considers moving the team, cause the way things are going that just might be most of the bidders.

Status
Not open for further replies.