• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when the Clippers win a NBA title?

What difference does it make whether he re-signs or not? Right now, he's in a better situation than he was in New Orleans.

That is laughable.

Remind me again... were the Hornets not in the playoffs last year? Granted, the Clippers have a good chance to get in the playoffs this year, but he'd be going from one playoff team to another. Not only that, but Blake Griffin and CP3's contract come at the same time. We all know CP3 won't be back. Banking on the Clippers keeping Griffin is a bad bet. Billups has about one year left, and the chances the Clips win it all in the next 2 years are slim as hell. The good news is: they still have Minnesota's first rounder...

Wait...

They gave that up too.

Typical Clippers stupidity.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
OKC, SA and Dallas have to be favored ahead of LAL. I know Kobe is king, but his support is weaker and older. Who is the other guard? Fisher? he's almost as old as I am.

That is laughable.

Remind me again... were the Hornets not in the playoffs last year? Granted, the Clippers have a good chance to get in the playoffs this year, but he'd be going from one playoff team to another. Not only that, but Blake Griffin and CP3's contract come at the same time. We all know CP3 won't be back. Banking on the Clippers keeping Griffin is a bad bet. Billups has about one year left, and the chances the Clips win it all in the next 2 years are slim as hell. The good news is: they still have Minnesota's first rounder...

Wait...

They gave that up too.

Typical Clippers stupidity.

Would the Hornets be better this year without David West? Probably not.

And why wont Chris Paul re-sign with the Clippers? The Clippers could become a very legit team in the West.

Would the Hornets be better this year without David West? Probably not.

And why wont Chris Paul re-sign with the Clippers? The Clippers could become a very legit team in the West.

Maybe not this year, but Kaman, Okafor, Gordon, Landry (right now)and Ariza ain't bad. Connsider the near future... Kamaan comes off the books next year, and they get the Wolves first rounder as well. The Clips and everyone else knows where CP3 wants to be. Again, if you're thinking that the Clippers, a team known sports wide for losing top talent, will keep that talent... you're crazy to put it very lightly.

The Hornets won out big time. David West was oft injured and very sometimey. CP3 did not want to be there, and would have drained them financially even if he did stay. Lottery pick + expiring contract + Eric Gordon >>>>>>>>> CP3. Point blank.

Maybe not this year, but Kaman, Okafor, Gordon, Landry (right now)and Ariza ain't bad. Connsider the near future... Kamaan comes off the books next year, and they get the Wolves first rounder as well. The Clips and everyone else knows where CP3 wants to be. Again, if you're thinking that the Clippers, a team known sports wide for losing top talent, will keep that talent... you're crazy to put it very lightly.

The Hornets won out big time. David West was oft injured and very sometimey. CP3 did not want to be there, and would have drained them financially even if he did stay. Lottery pick + expiring contract + Eric Gordon >>>>>>>>> CP3. Point blank.

Again, why do you bring up the Clippers' bad history? What was the Hornets history? You keep talking about the past and future, but what about right now? Right now... Clippers > Hornets.

And who's to say the Clippers wont add another great piece (probably next year). I'm pretty sure a lot of free agents want to play with Griffin, Paul, and live in LA.

DR. B

Closed Account
All I know is I would be embarrassed if the Houston Rockets won the title. After all, it isn't a full season :/ I don't count the Spurs 1999 title. Good luck to whatever team wins cause I don't give a shit

:p

Again, why do you bring up the Clippers' bad history? What was the Hornets history? You keep talking about the past and future, but what about right now? Right now... Clippers > Hornets.

And who's to say the Clippers wont add another great piece (probably next year). I'm pretty sure a lot of free agents want to play with Griffin, Paul, and live in LA.

The hornets don't have much of a history, but what little history they have is much better than the clippers. The clips are better right now, n doubt, but Donald Sterling won't keep this team together for long.let's not act like the clippers are elite historically.

Bill Simmons on where Dwight Howard SHOULD be wanting to land:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7352957/the-ninth-day-nba-christmas

How could Howard not be thinking, "Get me to Chicago, I could win right away!"

How could Howard be looking at this NBA landscape without saying, "Maybe it's a good idea for me to team up with Derrick Rose, the 23-year-old MVP?"

How could someone in his camp not point out to him, "Hey Dwight, if you pushed for the Bulls, they could offer Joakim Noah, Luol Deng, Omer Asik, salary-cap filler and two no. 1 picks and take back your deal and Turkoglu's deal, and you'd still have Rose, Carlos Boozer, Rip Hamilton, Kyle Korver, Taj Gibson, whatever veterans they can bring in AND the best defensive coach in the league?"

And if you're picking a cold-weather team based on markets, point guards and branding opportunities, how could you pick Brooklyn (living in the shadow of the Knicks), Deron Williams, this goofy Nets ownership, a lousy supporting cast and a franchise with a sad-sack history over Chicago (the third-biggest market), Rose (better and younger than Williams), a better supporting cast, a shrewd ownership and one of the most rabid fan bases in the league?

Put it this way: If I'm Dwight Howard, I'm thinking about titles and titles only. I don't care about money — that's coming, regardless. I don't care about weather — I have to live in whatever city for only eight months a year, and I'm traveling during that entire time, anyway. I don't care about "building my brand" and all that crap — if I don't start winning titles soon, my brand is going to be "the center who's much better than every other center but can't win a title." I care only about playing in a big city, finding a team that doesn't have to demolish itself to acquire me, finding one All-Star teammate who can make my life a little easier (the Duncan to my Robinson), and winning titles. Not title … titles. I want to come out of this decade with more rings than anyone else. I want to be remembered alongside Shaq, Moses and Hakeem, not Robinson and Ewing.

If you're looking at it like that, Chicago has to be the choice. Two summers ago, I thought LeBron copped out by joining forces with his biggest rival; it just seemed peculiar that the most talented player of his generation, and possibly ever, would willingly become the Robin to someone else's Batman. Howard's trade list was peculiar for a different reason: Either he doesn't follow the league, cares about the wrong things, has the wrong people advising him, or all of the above. Because I can't imagine, for the life of me, why Dwight Howard wouldn't be scheming to become Derrick Rose's teammate right now.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
^ Call me suspicious, but you want Howard in a Bulls uniform, don't you?

There is no chance Chris Paul resigns with the clippers once he hits the free agent market. Donald Sterling knows that better than anyone because he has NEVER resigned anyone who was of real help to the team. I do feel sorry for Blake Griffin the most cause this trade gives him false hope the Clippers will conquer the LA pro basketball market for the next 10 years.
The Clippers have been the laughing stock of the NBA for 20 or 30 years, and teams and free agent players have played them like a fiddle for leverage over the years, as if big names would rather sign unless they got more money from other teams, or teams would trade someone to the Clippers unless other teams up'd their offers. Thats what the Clippers have been to the NBA, now they're on the good end of a blockbuster unlike last year when somehow they thought they were really in the running for LeBron James. While they gave up a ton for Chris Paul, it is a calculated risk they had to take no matter what. It will be a 1 or 2 year project, but one that will pay dividends in time.

^^^^

Don't read too much into contracts. Chris Bosh is getting paid more than D-Wade. No player is getting paid what he's truly worth.

You're telling me Kwame Brown is worth $2 million more a year?

Absolutely not. Although, he is a tad younger, and his size, 6'11" 270 (no matter how poorly he uses it) puts him at more of a premium than an aging PG/SG.

I like JC for sure, and would take him any day over Kwame, I just think that Brown standing almost 7' is more of a rarity/commodity than a 6th man PG/SG and thus commands more financial consideration. I don't agree with the salary differentiation, per se, but I understand the disparity. Also, with all the new salary exceptions built into the new CBA, some teams have significantly more money to throw around than others, and with the Warriors lacking a "true" center, I think this was probably their best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.