• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

love guns?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I like cars. I like guns. I like girls.

They're all dangerous. They're all expensive. And they're all fun. :)

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I like cars. I like guns. I like girls.

They're all dangerous. They're all expensive. And they're all fun. :)

Yeah, but at least the cars and the guns, don't make you act like a tard, just so you can touch them...and you can usually walk away with your dignity, after you play with them.

Facetious

Moderated
^ Hehehe "dignity":1orglaugh

:1orglaughOK, you're right but I still don't love guns !

Consider yourself lucky ! You don't have to worry about how in the "hell" you're going to facilitate taking them with you when days are done on earth ! I'm telling you, I know of happily married men. . . guys with all of the goodies, you know ? and we've had these conversations : What are you gonna do when .....? & How are you gonna do it ? (take them with you to the other side). It get's real sobering and sentimental ! :rofl::o:D

my gun is good enough for the women :), no seriously, would prefer a sniper.

Rey C.

Consider yourself lucky ! You don't have to worry about how in the "hell" you're going to facilitate taking them with you when days are done on earth ! I'm telling you, I know of happily married men. . . guys with all of the goodies, you know ? and we've had these conversations : What are you gonna do when .....? & How are you gonna do it ? (take them with you to the other side). It get's real sobering and sentimental ! :rofl::o:D

I think about that sometimes too. Since I don't have kids and I have some pieces that I really believe should stay in the family, those thoughts are with me when I get morbid and start thinking about my mortality. But the only person who I consider worthy enough (and who wouldn't take the whole load to a pawn shop as I was being lowered into the ground) is my uncle. My uncle and I are the only true gun nuts in the family. But he's 70 now. We're in each other's wills, but odds are, it'll be on my shoulders to figure out who's next in line. :(

It bothers me to think that we have some pieces from as far back as the Civil War that could wind up in the hands of some yahoo, that won't know ANY of the history about the weapon... and how it came to be in my family.

Maybe Sally Struthers will help me find a kid to adopt or something. :helpme:

Mr. Daystar

A couple of weeks ago, I had to have hernia surgery, not even close to the level of open heart surgery, but I was scared, and I don't have kids, so after I wrote the letter to my wife, telling her how much she meant to me, I wrote her another one. In the second one, I listed the collection, and how much she should get for each one, and which friends to offer what to, etc. etc. I would rather they go to someone that will give them the respect, and care I always have...at least most of my friends are enthusiasts too. Plus she'll at the very least, make a few buck.

Rey C.

Yeah, but at least the cars and the guns, don't make you act like a tard, just so you can touch them...and you can usually walk away with your dignity, after you play with them.

Obviously you've never seen my silly ass at a gun show or a car show. :D

Take me to a strip club and I'm Joe Cool. In my sick mind, 2 lap dances = gas for a weekend at the race track or a box of custom loads. But at car shows and gun shows, my eyes begin to glaze over, I kinda black out... and the money just jumps from my pockets. It's not my fault though. It's... it's... it's a disease. :dunno:

Mr. Daystar

Obviously you've never seen my silly ass at a gun show or a car show. :D

Take me to a strip club and I'm Joe Cool. In my sick mind, 2 lap dances = gas for a weekend at the race track or a box of custom loads. But at car shows and gun shows, my eyes begin to glaze over, I kinda black out... and the money just jumps from my pockets. It's not my fault though. It's... it's... it's a disease. :dunno:

That's why I don't go to titty bars, or gun shows anymore. I will spare you the obscene details of the strip club, but the last gun show I went to, I almost Charged $4800.00 dollars, on a card that had a $5000.00 limit, that was only a week old. It was for one of these...http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_military_BCW3M_30-50BMGLW.asp...it would have been fun, but at $6.00 a round, plus another $1500.00 for a scope. Yeah, wifey's not that forgiving.

Rey C.

Pretty sweet!^^^

I had to choose between an H&K SP89 and an engagement ring years ago. I got her the ring. Stupid me. I eventually ended up with no girl, no ring and no gun.

I've gotten my mind straight since then though. :rolleyes:

jasonk282

Banned
That's why I don't go to titty bars, or gun shows anymore. I will spare you the obscene details of the strip club, but the last gun show I went to, I almost Charged $4800.00 dollars, on a card that had a $5000.00 limit, that was only a week old. It was for one of these...http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_military_BCW3M_30-50BMGLW.asp...it would have been fun, but at $6.00 a round, plus another $1500.00 for a scope. Yeah, wifey's not that forgiving.

Oh she should be, we had a Marine sniper platoon from the 2nd marine reg attached to us in Tirkirt and we got to play with the Barrett, OH MY GOD, that thing will make you cream your pants after you fire it. We were firing easily 100 rounds when our Col finally came to the roof to chew us a new ass. Of course I got caught with the gun in hand and the Col procedded to chew me out about professionalism and how much each round cost. I just smiled at him and said "Wanna shoot it?" Swear to God his eyes lit up like Christmas morning.

Facetious

Moderated
Not into :uhem: YET. I sort of get what you're saying, but I do have a lack of experience and knowledge in this area.

Well, when you're ready just ring the bell and I can lead you to the best set ups so you don't have to go through the expensive and tedious trial N error nightmare. :o
You will only be buying once.

Last edited:

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Is Federal a good brand of ammo? I just got a box of 50 .40 @ $13.97 a box @ a wal-mart in my area. is that a good price? & what other brands are good to buy?

I am taking my CPL class either this coming sunday if I pawn 1 of my Diamond earrings, or in 2 weeks if the class is still being offered @ discount price. $99 special. rolleyes:

the thing is they charge top dollar for a box of their range rounds @ the gunshop & they say you need 100 rounds, they prolly charge atleast $20.00 for a box of 50 range rounds, prolly more, I think the last time I went target shooting they charged $23 a box or something outrageous like that... so I figure I just saved myself allot of money, but I don't know how much. :D:dunno:

Mr. Daystar

Is Federal a good brand of ammo? I just got a box of 50 .40 @ $13.97 a box @ a wal-mart in my area. is that a good price? & what other brands are good to buy?

I am taking my CPL class either this coming sunday if I pawn 1 of my Diamond earrings, or in 2 weeks if the class is still being offered @ discount price. $99 special. rolleyes:

the thing is they charge top dollar for a box of their range rounds @ the gunshop & they say you need 100 rounds, they prolly charge atleast $20.00 for a box of 50 range rounds, prolly more, I think the last time I went target shooting they charged $23 a box or something outrageous like that... so I figure I just saved myself allot of money, but I don't know how much. :D:dunno:

Yeah, $14 for Federal is a good price, and a good brand. Stick with American made, brass cased ammo, and you'll be good. I buy Remington UMC at a local sporting goods store for target shooting, and depending on the caliber, is around that price. Each of the 3 main manufacturers, Remington, Winchester, and Federal, offer their budget ammo, at lower rates. Rem. is UMC, Fed. is American Eagle, and I forgot what Win. calls theirs. It's good target ammo, but you need good hollow points for defense. That can get a little expensive, mainly because every gun, gets different results, with different ammo, and that means trial and error. Unless you get lucky with the first box, or you're satisfied with the results you get.

They tell you to bring more, in case you fail to qualify in the first round. When I went to my CCW class, I had to bring 300, 150 for me, and 150 for the wife. I walked out with 200, which isn't bad, because it never hurts to have extra around, and I bought a whole case, at case price, which was $10 a box, as opposed to $13 a box. But the wife almost needed a second box, and they did charge a few bucks more then I paid.

Don't go to this class with your biggest gun, or your fanciest gun. Go with the one YOU shoot best, and are most comfortable with. Instructors are usually more impressed by your ability to grasp the fundamentals, and put them to practical use, then your big shiny hand cannon. Pay attention to what they say, they will teach you a lot, and if you think of any questions, write them down so you don't forget to ask them. Sometimes these guys act a little like drill Sergent's, but that's because they need to be absolutely certain, they have control over a potentially dangerous situation, but the good ones want to help you understand firearms, and safety, and the ins and outs of how they work.

I'd go with a Kimber Custom II You can't lose ! I have 60,000 on one and it continues to fire and eject everything :D

Thanks Fac. It looks fantastic. Is it a robust build and nice feel in the hands? Looks so.

Also, mind if I ask, do you know of a good 'beginner's' book on handguns?? With diagrams also. Thanks
:thumbsup:

edit: Is it considered a relatively 'easy' gun to fire (for a novice)?
(and will you please go back and change your avatar - Love that cat).

Mr. Daystar

I'd go with a Kimber Custom II You can't lose ! I have 60,000 on one and it continues to fire and eject everything :D

A 1911 for a novice? I was thinking something DA/SA, like a Sig, or a S&W. Hell, I would even go so far as to say a revolver for a first gun. Don't get me wrong, I love my Kimber...that particular one as a matter of fact, actually, mines about 15 years old, and has less then 1000 through it. In fact, when I bought it, new in the box...it only cost $600, now I think they're about $900. But I think you would agree, reliability is no trade off, for ease of operation, and ability to learn. Just my opinion.

jasonk282

Banned
I would go with a revolver for a first gun. Mine is a .38 snub nose Colt