• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

love guns?

jasonk282

Banned
Because they are at an entry level of gun ownership, or because they haven't been trained in the use of them, by a drill Sargent, or because they haven't figured out which publications to read, so they can gain the knowledge they need. I have conversed with Marlo several times, he is trying to learn, he's just getting into firearms ownership, and seeks guidance. I have no problem helping the uninformed, or guiding the curious. I do however find it frustrating, and in most cases infuriating, to justify, my rights, to those that refuse to learn, or explain myself to those that refuse to accept. Most people NEVER have the privilege to be exposed to a fully automatic weapon...I myself have only fired one, once, so I can see where there could be some questions. Don't forget, even if you don't own it, you get to fire some of the most advanced, and best weapons in the world...you are in the minority, I'll most likely never get to wrap my hands around a BMG.

There are some great publications out there I perfer SOF over them all though. I will agree that it sometimes has to do with entry level, not be trained, or not enough knowledge. But they seem like the minority, the majority are just totally aganist it from the get go, without having all the facts. If you never have fired a full auto weapon before then the experience can be pretty scarry at first. Figure a .50 cal is powerful to begin with on single shot, let alone full auto. But once you fire a full auto weapon you will be back for more, just have to fire in 4-5 round burst to stay accurate they tend to jump around on you.

My fav to shoot is the M249 SAW, which is what I primariy carried in the Army. The 240 good and the .50cal is just fucking awesome, until you see what damage it does to a car and humans, pretty scarry

Facetious

Moderated
Love them. Thats not a bad looking gun.
I prefer a higher caliber though; I've always been fond of AK-47's and their variants. 7.62x39 is the way to go.

Meh ! They're creepy commy guns that symbolize oppression and aggression...
pol pot, che guevara and on and on. :D:tongue:

jasonk282

Banned

Meh ! They're creepy commy guns that symbolize oppression and aggression...
pol pot, che guevara and on and on. :D:tongue:

True, but you can beat the shit outta them and they still fire, try that with an M4 or any other us military gun

Facetious

Moderated
Re: 4

True, but you can beat the shit outta them and they still fire, try that with an M4 or any other us military gun

Nice over sized chambers to accommodate the melting varnish on the steel
berdan primed casings, huh ? :hatsoff:

Curio here - How long have the .39s been "done up" in steel casings ?

Facetious

Moderated
Here's the way I see it...and I do realize we are talking about guns in full auto mode. If the 7.62x51 was such an inaccurate round, it wouldn't be used by countless people for match shooting, and sniping.

The most significant round ever produced for the 7.62 was the M118, not the first 173 grain fmj loading, mind you, but the later 175 Grain SMK atop if memory serves correct 42 grains of IMR 4895. Even though the 173 would remain supersonic past the 1000yd mark , the Sierra 175 was the most accurate round out of 22". Roll your own !

Back to the .39s for a sec. a match bullet had never been developed for that round so that's another contributing factor to poor accuracy.

Cheers :D :hatsoff:

Ignorant post:o Dirty Harry and his Magnum: is it/was it the most powerful law enforcement weapon in its movie heyday? What's it been superseded by?? Thanks.

jasonk282

Banned
I thought I was the only guy who hated guns ! You are my friend Roald :thumbsup:!

If you hate them, then why did you read this thread?

If you hate them, then why did you read this thread?

:DOk, I think when there is a ? at the end of a sentence it means a question is asked to you ! Someone asked a question...I'm a polite person so I give an answer !
Any other clever question sir ?:dunno:
Sir, no Sir !

jasonk282

Banned
:DOk, I think when there is a ? at the end of a sentence it means a question is asked to you ! Someone asked a question...I'm a polite person so I give an answer !
Any other clever question sir ?:dunno:
Sir, no Sir !

Good point, I did not look at it that way. Pardon

Facetious

Moderated
I thought I was the only guy who hated guns ! You are my friend Roald :thumbsup:!

Just think about how boring film an cinematography would be w/out guns my friend. :D

Also, what would have happened to the Swiss had they not been as outfitted as they were during Adolph's freak out ? :hatsoff:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Ignorant post:o Dirty Harry and his Magnum: is it/was it the most powerful law enforcement weapon in its movie heyday? What's it been superseded by?? Thanks.

Dirty Harry's magnum, was not a law enforcement gun. He was the "lone wolf" that carried the big ass .44 magnum, in a time when the rest of the cops carried there standard issue .38 special, or .357 magnum. The .44 lost it's spot on the throne years ago, I don't know the year, but it has been surpassed, in fact, the caliber that surpassed it, has been surpassed. I believe the largest PRODUCTION caliber, is the Smith & Wesson .500 magnum, but some companies custom make larger size revolvers.

biomech said:
Love them. Thats not a bad looking gun.
I prefer a higher caliber though; I've always been fond of AK-47's and their variants. 7.62x39 is the way to go.

A great round for plinking, but beyond that, it's only redeeming value, is it's availability. The round drops significantly after the 100-150 yard mark, and is alright for basic urban combat, but not much else. In fact, the Russians abandoned it years ago, for a round more similar to the M16 round.

Facetious said:
The most significant round ever produced for the 7.62 was the M118, not the first 173 grain fmj loading, mind you, but the later 175 Grain SMK atop if memory serves correct 42 grains of IMR 4895. Even though the 173 would remain supersonic past the 1000yd mark , the Sierra 175 was the most accurate round out of 22". Roll your own !

Not into reloading...YET. I sort of get what you're saying, but I do have a lack of experience and knowledge in this area.

As far as the AK-47 goes. If you have a REAL Russian made AK, and not some cheap knock off crap, you have one of the finest weapons ever made. More companies have mimicked it's operating system, then any other weapon. Unfortunately, Russian made guns are next to impossible to get anymore, and the 7.62x39 is a crappy round. One day I might buy one, but it's so far down the list, I would have to come across the deal of the century, to snag one up. But never say never.

jasonk282

Banned
If you can get your hands on an authentic Soviet made AK-47, you basicly have the holy grail of guns, as not that many are around anymore. Even the cheap knockoffs from Yugoslavia, china and other Former Allies of the USSR are good, but not great. We did fire numerous AK's in Iraq after we took them from the weapons cache that we would find. I would love to get my hands on a RPD or DSHK, although the few that we were able to recover were so damaged they were inoperable.

Just think about how boring film an cinematography would be w/out guns my friend. :D

Also, what would have happened to the Swiss had they not been as outfitted as they were during Adolph's freak out ? :hatsoff:

:1orglaughOK, you're right but I still don't love guns !

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
If you can get your hands on an authentic Soviet made AK-47, you basicly have the holy grail of guns, as not that many are around anymore. Even the cheap knockoffs from Yugoslavia, china and other Former Allies of the USSR are good, but not great. We did fire numerous AK's in Iraq after we took them from the weapons cache that we would find. I would love to get my hands on a RPD or DSHK, although the few that we were able to recover were so damaged they were inoperable.

I don't know if I would give it that title. It's not like were talking H&K G3.