• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

love guns?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Only problem is that the 7.62 is very inaccurate when fired at full auto or at 3 round burst, part of the reason why the US Army switched from the M14 to the M16. But i do like the middle size rounds such as the 6.52 which has the stoping power of the 7.62 but the accuracy of the 5.53.

Yeah, but he's talking about the 7.62x39 (AK). The control and accuracy problems you're talking about were with the 7.62x51 (.308). My uncle was in the army as they were transitioning from the M14 to the M16, and what you're saying is true. But we never used the 7.62x39.

I have different barrels for my Encore pistol. The .308/7.62x51 will damn near break your wrist. The 7.62x39 isn't much worse than a 30-30.

Rey C.

Depending on where you live in Europe, I know the laws are VERY restrictive there. But are there even places where you guys can go and rent a rifle such as an AR, AK or H&K for a few hours... like within a confined range???

I've always wondered about that, but have never asked. Do you even have private ranges where you live?

jasonk282

Banned
Yeah, but he's talking about the 7.62x39 (AK). The control and accuracy problems you're talking about were with the 7.62x51 (.308). My uncle was in the army as they were transitioning from the M14 to the M16, and what you're saying is true. But we never used the 7.62x39.

I have different barrels for my Encore pistol. The .308/7.62x51 will damn near break your wrist. The 7.62x39 isn't much worse than a 30-30.

true, but still at full auto it's still inacurate. I have fired M14's before and DAMN no wonder we had to switch, our soldier's shoulders would be torn apart after 2 weeks of fighting.

Rey C.

true, but still at full auto it's still inacurate. I have fired M14's before and DAMN no wonder we had to switch, our soldier's shoulders would be torn apart after 2 weeks of fighting.

At a given yardage in similar weapons, all set on full auto, yeah, I'd say the 7.62x51 is less accurate than the 7.62x39, which is probably less accurate than the 5.56x45mm. But I'd say the lack of control from the more powerful rounds (greater recoil) has the biggest impact on accuracy. I fired a 9mm Uzi on full tilt years ago, and it was super easy to control. My girlfriend could even control it. It was more like a big squirt gun or a water hose... just a continuous push back, cause it cycled so damn fast.

Gunny Ermey did a good episode on his History Channel show that broke down the affect that recoil has on accuracy. That dude gets to shoot ALL the good stuff. I'd love to meet him someday.

jasonk282

Banned
At a given yardage in similar weapons, all set on full auto, yeah, I'd say the 7.62x51 is less accurate than the 7.62x39, which is probably less accurate than the 5.56x45mm. But I'd say the lack of control from the more powerful rounds (greater recoil) has the biggest impact on accuracy. I fired a 9mm Uzi on full tilt years ago, and it was super easy to control. My girlfriend could even control it. It was more like a big squirt gun or a water hose... just a continuous push back, cause it cycled so damn fast.

Gunny Ermey did a good episode on his History Channel show that broke down the affect that recoil has on accuracy. That dude gets to shoot ALL the good stuff. I'd love to meet him someday.

Yea he is pretty cool, Got to see him in Iraq he can still kick some ass and looked like he wanted to go an patrol with us.

Rey C.

Dude seems like the real deal. I bet he's a hoot to be around. Did you get a chance to talk to him? Pretty amazing how he took that part in Full Metal Jacket and now he's freakin' famous years later!

When I shoot with guys, I always look at how much they blink or flinch before I'll bet any money that I can outshoot them. I've noticed on the slo-mo's on Lock-n-Load, Gunny never flinches and seldom blinks. I wouldn't shoot against that guy for money with somebody else's wallet. The best suckers to shoot against tend to be cops (who are not ex-military), cause they want to get all macho and show off. Ex-military guys, especially the ones who've been in action, they don't show off like cops tend to. And since ol' Gunny doesn't blink... that is a dangerous man!

jasonk282

Banned
Dude seems like the real deal. I bet he's a hoot to be around. Did you get a chance to talk to him? Pretty amazing how he took that part in Full Metal Jacket and now he's freakin' famous years later!

When I shoot with guys, I always look at how much they blink or flinch before I'll bet any money that I can outshoot them. I've noticed on the slo-mo's on Lock-n-Load, Gunny never flinches and seldom blinks. I wouldn't shoot against that guy for money with somebody else's wallet. The best suckers to shoot against tend to be cops (who are not ex-military), cause they want to get all macho and show off. Ex-military guys, especially the ones who've been in action, they don't show off like cops tend to. And since ol' Gunny doesn't blink... that is a dangerous man!

He is NUTS to be around. We all to sit and shoot the shit with him at the DFAC but there was like a mob around him. my squad were part of a Quick Reaction Force when he was there and we got called out when a patrol got hit and Gunny jumped up and said let's go. I told him he is more than welcomed and we would be honored to have him with us but our 2LT was not to keen on it and gunny said "Even in the Army brass is ass" We all lost it. But yea he is the real deal, used to be a DI and then played one in FMJ, but one of the collest down to earth "celbs" out there.

Blinking is a dead give way!

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Here's the way I see it...and I do realize we are talking about guns in full auto mode. If the 7.62x51 was such an inaccurate round, it wouldn't be used by countless people for match shooting, and sniping. True it does possess a much greater recoil then the other 2 rounds, but it is used in many full auto applications, in the United States military, and also, in many other countries. The 7.62x39 round, as far as I'm concerned is useless. It drops significantly after 100-150 yards, and to me, it's only appeal, is availability, and cost, for recreational shooting. Which is a shame, because I prefer an AK operating system, to an AR system. I have heard good things about the 6.8SPC, but cost, and availability are my concerns. When the Government is supplying your ammo, you tend not to think about that, as much. Now I have never fired anything above .45ACP, in full auto mode, so what I'm saying is based purely on cartridge performance...and I have talked to soldiers that say you constantly have to double/triple tap your target to stop them, which tells me, a larger caliber is needed. I was always under the impression the main reason the United States switched to the M16/5.56 was the gun weighed much less, and you could carry about 14 rounds compared to 9 of the larger caliber.

um quad rail? try this ha ha. this is my third here are my other two ar's

[Please Note: the attachment in this post has been deleted by moderator pussy+dickdenice]
[Read more about the board rules: here]

Last edited by a moderator:

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?

I was watching this show & recorded his episode about pistols which are my favorite, I don't have any need for machine guns, rifles, etc.. I like personal concealment, well anyway, I was watching as he shot, cuz I recall somebody mentioning that he doesn't blink when he's shooting, usually he doesn't, I was surprised when I was watching the show, I keyed in on his eyes as he shot, he shot the .45 without blinking, but, he did start blinking as he shot bigger guns, he blinked when he shot the 44 magnum, & the 50 caliber, along with machine guns, but its only natural, I am not really writing about this, I am asking a question that I just tricked myself into pondering?

If a machine gun is automatic fire, but semi-auto still means pulling the trigger for every bullet, so whats the difference between a semi-auto pistol & a semi-auto machine gun? aside from a bigger clip, you still have to pull the trigger for every bullet right? Am I making this more confusing for myself or am I missing something. :rolleyes::dunno:

So a machine gun hence the AR or AK's are only semi-auto or are they fully automatic? I know fully automatic are illegal to buy, well, they are not being manufactured any longer, but any automatic firing weapon pre ban can still be bought & sold, so its like pre-dated manufactured auto's are (grandfathered) legal??

I have only just begun to really understand guns, but as I am asking above, the show I watched, either helped me or confused me? Is an uzi semi-auto, or fully auto? besides a larger clip, whats the difference, you still have to squeeze the trigger for every round fired.. so what am I missing here? lol... :D:confused:

Facetious

Moderated
If I can afford it in the coming months, I'm gonna put together a unit in 6.5 grendel :bowdown:. If not, I'll just have to make do with the few sticks that I have. :1orglaugh

Mr. Daystar

If a machine gun is automatic fire, but semi-auto still means pulling the trigger for every bullet, so whats the difference between a semi-auto pistol & a semi-auto machine gun? aside from a bigger clip, you still have to pull the trigger for every bullet right? Am I making this more confusing for myself or am I missing something. :rolleyes::dunno:

So a machine gun hence the AR or AK's are only semi-auto or are they fully automatic? I know fully automatic are illegal to buy, well, they are not being manufactured any longer, but any automatic firing weapon pre ban can still be bought & sold, so its like pre-dated manufactured auto's are (grandfathered) legal??

I have only just begun to really understand guns, but as I am asking above, the show I watched, either helped me or confused me? Is an uzi semi-auto, or fully auto? besides a larger clip, whats the difference, you still have to squeeze the trigger for every round fired.. so what am I missing here? lol... :D:confused:

There is no such thing as a semi auto machine gun. A rifle is either semi auto, or select fire. Semi auto means, one trigger squeeze, discharges the gun once, firing one bullet. The guns safety has 2 positions, "SAFE", and "SEMI". A select fire rifle can be fired in either, semi automatic mode, as mentioned above, or in fully automatic mode, which means when you pull the trigger, and hold it, the bullets cycle, and discharge until they are gone, and the gun is empty. The guns safety has 3 positions, "SAFE", "SEMI", and "AUTO", or in some cases, "BURST". The final selection would be an alternative to auto, and means the gun is set to fire 3 rounds, for every trigger pull. Machine guns are not illegal, but very hard to come buy. They require a great deal of effort to obtain, including Federal back round checks, finger printing, tax stamps, and on the low end, about $4500.00, for a not so great gun, to around $20,000.00 for a good one. I think where you may have been misled is from people calling semi auto pistols, "autos" for short, which refers to auto loading, which is your basic semi automatic mode of operation. AK's and AR's can be either fully or semi automatic because companies generally produce military versions, and civilian versions. For instance, the U.S. Army issues it's soldiers a Colt M16. It is a fully automatic, select fire weapon, but it produces a civilian version of the rifle, for sale to the general public, and designates it, AR15. The AR only has one mode of fire, semi auto. The differences are many, and it is EXTREMELY illegal, to try and convert a semi, to a full auto. Like 10 years or more, in a Federal penitentiary, illegal. The thing that is not really very different, is the appearance. This is what gives the gun grabbers the primary lie they like to use, when trying to mislead, and in most cases, outright lie to the undecided, as a way to scare them into believing that semi auto rifles are menacing, and a tool for the criminals of the world. In today's modern age, with things getting smaller, even some pistols have been made into full auto weapons. They fire pistol cartridges, at a rate of fire that equals there larger counterparts. Glock makes one, that's carried by the F.B.I., the Ingram MAC10, and Israeli Military Ind, Uzi, are 2 slightly larger versions. These guns also have civilian versions, that fire only in semi auto mode.

jasonk282

Banned
There is no such thing as a semi auto machine gun. A rifle is either semi auto, or select fire. Semi auto means, one trigger squeeze, discharges the gun once, firing one bullet. The guns safety has 2 positions, "SAFE", and "SEMI". A select fire rifle can be fired in either, semi automatic mode, as mentioned above, or in fully automatic mode, which means when you pull the trigger, and hold it, the bullets cycle, and discharge until they are gone, and the gun is empty. The guns safety has 3 positions, "SAFE", "SEMI", and "AUTO", or in some cases, "BURST". The final selection would be an alternative to auto, and means the gun is set to fire 3 rounds, for every trigger pull. Machine guns are not illegal, but very hard to come buy. They require a great deal of effort to obtain, including Federal back round checks, finger printing, tax stamps, and on the low end, about $4500.00, for a not so great gun, to around $20,000.00 for a good one. I think where you may have been misled is from people calling semi auto pistols, "autos" for short, which refers to auto loading, which is your basic semi automatic mode of operation. AK's and AR's can be either fully or semi automatic because companies generally produce military versions, and civilian versions. For instance, the U.S. Army issues it's soldiers a Colt M16. It is a fully automatic, select fire weapon, but it produces a civilian version of the rifle, for sale to the general public, and designates it, AR15. The AR only has one mode of fire, semi auto. The differences are many, and it is EXTREMELY illegal, to try and convert a semi, to a full auto. Like 10 years or more, in a Federal penitentiary, illegal. The thing that is not really very different, is the appearance. This is what gives the gun grabbers the primary lie they like to use, when trying to mislead, and in most cases, outright lie to the undecided, as a way to scare them into believing that semi auto rifles are menacing, and a tool for the criminals of the world. In today's modern age, with things getting smaller, even some pistols have been made into full auto weapons. They fire pistol cartridges, at a rate of fire that equals there larger counterparts. Glock makes one, that's carried by the F.B.I., the Ingram MAC10, and Israeli Military Ind, Uzi, are 2 slightly larger versions. These guns also have civilian versions, that fire only in semi auto mode.

great post. I don't know how someone can get machine gun and assult rifle confused but it happens each and every day. machine guns, such as the 240, .50 cal, M2 etc..., have one fire mode squeeze the trigger and hang on. Assult rifles, AK-47, M$, M16 etc..., are usually semi auto for the general public, but military grade weapons are either Semi, full or burst.

Mr. Daystar

great post. I don't know how someone can get machine gun and assult rifle confused but it happens each and every day. machine guns, such as the 240, .50 cal, M2 etc..., have one fire mode squeeze the trigger and hang on. Assult rifles, AK-47, M$, M16 etc..., are usually semi auto for the general public, but military grade weapons are either Semi, full or burst.

Because they are at an entry level of gun ownership, or because they haven't been trained in the use of them, by a drill Sargent, or because they haven't figured out which publications to read, so they can gain the knowledge they need. I have conversed with Marlo several times, he is trying to learn, he's just getting into firearms ownership, and seeks guidance. I have no problem helping the uninformed, or guiding the curious. I do however find it frustrating, and in most cases infuriating, to justify, my rights, to those that refuse to learn, or explain myself to those that refuse to accept. Most people NEVER have the privilege to be exposed to a fully automatic weapon...I myself have only fired one, once, so I can see where there could be some questions. Don't forget, even if you don't own it, you get to fire some of the most advanced, and best weapons in the world...you are in the minority, I'll most likely never get to wrap my hands around a BMG.