• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

Any Return of the Living Dead fans in here?

ive seen it several times, but the whole indestructible zombie thing affects my feelings on it... but my friend is. hes REALLY into it. he met several cast members, and almost went full fangirl when he got a picture with Linnea Quigley

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
that god awful "big bang theory" is starting to influence girls into seeing scifi movies... or saying they do

and youre right, most of the time girls scary is really different from my scary

sounds familiar...

and i wont ruin the exorcist scene, but im not sure id say its one of the best ever. i wouldnt want you to hype it up and then be disappointed or something

i saw "bloody disgusting" running ads for it, but i never got around to seeing it. it looked pretty interesting though

Ha well this girl's scary is scary! Though most scary movies don't scare me. They either disturb me, make me think, or if they suck, don't do anything at all.

Ha well this girl's scary is scary! Though most scary movies don't scare me. They either disturb me, make me think, or if they suck, don't do anything at all.

:hatsoff:

theres fine lines to all sub genres... for example, the wes cravens "last house on the left" was the type of movie i cant stand. it relied too much on the shock factor for my taste, but "high tension" was disturbing in a structured way

Any Return of the Living Dead fans in here?

I own the first two on DVD. Love them so I do. James Karen and Thom Matthews are one of my all time favourite double acts. They nail ever line in every situation perfectly. Like in the second movie James Karen's character Ed thinks that because the dead are rising from their graves that God has made it happen as revenge for him making a career out of robbing the dead. So Ed drops to his knees in the middle of the graveyard and starts praying for forgiveness for robbing all the graves. And they are surrounded by zombies and the zombies are getting closer by the second.

It went something like this....

Ed (dropping to his knees): "I'm sorry!. Oh God I'm so sorry!!!"
Joey (as he grabs Ed's jacket): "I've got a feeling he ain't listening right now. Get up!."

In the middle of the dead coming back to life (for whatever reason) you don't drop to your knees in the middle of a group of zombies and start to pray LMFAO!. There are MANY MANY moments between these two actors that are memorable. Both movies have the two actors in them but they play completely different roles in both movies. Like in the second movie Joey says something like "I've got a feeling like we've been here before!" as he's slowly turning into a zombie and Ed just nods in approval. Same situation (zombie outbreak and they get infected as well... just as different characters).

The first two hold the 80s atmosphere perfectly in them. The second movie is criminally underrated so it is. It captures the whole ghost town type atmosphere perfectly when the shit hits the fan and the group are the only ones left in the town... besides the undead as the army have quarantined the place. The first two Return of the Living Dead movies are the only ones I like and own. They are great pieces of the 80s horror genre.

Check the main theme out for a kick ass tune!

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
sam raimi to produce "poltergeist" remake... im sure ravenholm has some choice words on this...
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...at-sam-raimis-in-talks-to-direct-poltergeist/

Seriously? They're remaking Poltergeist? That's so stupid. Poltergeist does not need remade. I don't typically like older movies, but Poltergeist is a classic and doesn't need to be remade, period. That'd be like remaking The Shining. Stupid idea. Classics are classics for a reason.

Seriously? They're remaking Poltergeist? That's so stupid. Poltergeist does not need remade. I don't typically like older movies, but Poltergeist is a classic and doesn't need to be remade, period. That'd be like remaking The Shining. Stupid idea. Classics are classics for a reason.

i have to agree, i think they got it right the first time and shouldnt bother with a remake... not to mention the "curse" that was attached to the original

on a side note, i wasnt that interested in "madison county" until i saw this video some irate mouth breather made boycotting it... now i have to see it

sam raimi to produce "poltergeist" remake... im sure ravenholm has some choice words on this...
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...at-sam-raimis-in-talks-to-direct-poltergeist/

Sorry pal I missed this post when I posted the last post above this one.

I've never really taken to the series in general. They were decent enough movies don't get me wrong. It was sad for Heather the kid in the movie. She died when she was 12 or something. Dropped to the floor in the kitchen one morning on her way to school and never recovered. I think it was her breathing or something that she had problems with. I would seriously punch Sam Raimi in the face repeatedly so I would if given the chance to. He killed his Evil Dead series by turning it into a fucking comedy. And now the dick is remaking the first one but instead of using a male main lead it's going to be female this time round. Another reason to boycott the Evil Dead remake. Give it the same treatment I give The Thing 2011. I guess I will do the same to the Poltergeist remake as well. I find that only a handful of remakes to be viewable. Most of them are a waste of time in my eyes. I could mention the remakes I do like. If it's safe enough to do so.

By the way the guy in that clip in your other post gets 1000 points from me. Why? look at the t-shirt he has on... IRON MAIDEN! :banger:

Actually, one of the networks did a remake of "The Shining" in 1997, starring Steven Webber and Rebecca De Mornay. Not nearly as good as the original, but not as bad as you might think...In fact, I actually kinda liked it

Actually, one of the networks did a remake of "The Shining" in 1997, starring Steven Webber and Rebecca De Mornay. Not nearly as good as the original, but not as bad as you might think...In fact, I actually kinda liked it

That's right. I think they did it in the way that Stephen King was happy with. He wasn't happy with the way the original was done apparently. I remember seeing the remake of this movie. I don't remember much about it as in if anything was different to the Nicholson version.

Sorry pal I missed this post when I posted the last post above this one.

I've never really taken to the series in general. They were decent enough movies don't get me wrong. It was sad for Heather the kid in the movie. She died when she was 12 or something. Dropped to the floor in the kitchen one morning on her way to school and never recovered. I think it was her breathing or something that she had problems with. I would seriously punch Sam Raimi in the face repeatedly so I would if given the chance to. He killed his Evil Dead series by turning it into a fucking comedy. And now the dick is remaking the first one but instead of using a male main lead it's going to be female this time round. Another reason to boycott the Evil Dead remake. Give it the same treatment I give The Thing 2011. I guess I will do the same to the Poltergeist remake as well. I find that only a handful of remakes to be viewable. Most of them are a waste of time in my eyes. I could mention the remakes I do like. If it's safe enough to do so.

By the way the guy in that clip in your other post gets 1000 points from me. Why? look at the t-shirt he has on... IRON MAIDEN! :banger:

:1orglaugh i was waiting to see your response

That's right. I think they did it in the way that Stephen King was happy with. He wasn't happy with the way the original was done apparently. I remember seeing the remake of this movie. I don't remember much about it as in if anything was different to the Nicholson version.

the things that stick out to me were the walking bushes, and the "jedi" appearance of the father at the end. the kubrick version is my favorite