• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

Another few good, but less known ones, are Grave Encounters and Eden Lake. Grave Encounters is what you think is your standard "found footage" paranormal haunting movie, but then goes in a really different direction. Eden Lake is between horror and thriller, but well worth the watch. I stand beside my post from a few pages back that Megan is Missing will most likely always be the most disturbing I've seen.

As for Queen of the Damned, I like it. Mostly for two reasons.

A: Jonathan Davis wrote all the music (Best soundtrack of all time).
B: Stuart Townsend could be an amazing vampire even if the movie had the writers of You Got Served giving him his lines.

The Chiller channel has some really good and bad horror movies. I like the mix of B grade horror movies.

i also like that they play shows like "monsters" and "tales from the darkside"... the only crappy thing is that they have to edit the films

Another few good, but less known ones, are Grave Encounters and Eden Lake. Grave Encounters is what you think is your standard "found footage" paranormal haunting movie, but then goes in a really different direction. Eden Lake is between horror and thriller, but well worth the watch. I stand beside my post from a few pages back that Megan is Missing will most likely always be the most disturbing I've seen.

B: Stuart Townsend could be an amazing vampire even if the movie had the writers of You Got Served giving him his lines.

i havent seen grave encounters yet... ill have to find that

and i didnt know the writers of you got served did queen of the damned... thats funny

i havent seen grave encounters yet... ill have to find that

and i didnt know the writers of you got served did queen of the damned... thats funny

Oh no, I just meant even if he had those writers he would still be good. It was just a comment that no matter how bad the writers, Townsend would still be an excellent vampire. Side note, I have never seen You Got Served, but I think it's universally recognized as garbage.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
The movie I am going to tell you about is kind of a horror movie, but mainly it's a thriller/crime drama in lieu of Se7ven. It's called Resurrection, this is pretty much a direct to DVD staring Christopher Lambert as a Chicago homicide detective on the trail of a unique serial killer. Not a bad movie, very interesting plot, plus a decent cameo of director David Kronenburger. Check it out if you got the time.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
I watched Triangle today. I thought it was just gonna be another typical survival horror, but it turned out to be...something else. I think Christopher Smith might be my favourite horror director right now.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member

Eden Lake is such a good movie! I have yet to see Grave Encounters and Megan is Missing though. Might have to check those out.

Eden Lake is such a good movie! I have yet to see Grave Encounters and Megan is Missing though. Might have to check those out.

You're only the second person I've met who has also seen Eden Lake lol. It's so low key (though it does star Michael Fassbender). Grave Encounters is more creepy, but MIM is just realistically fucked.

Harley Spencer

You're only the second person I've met who has also seen Eden Lake lol. It's so low key (though it does star Michael Fassbender). Grave Encounters is more creepy, but MIM is just realistically fucked.

I watched Eden Lake this past fall. I've seen so many horror movies and I was running out of movies to watch, so I googled different horror movies and a lot of people were talking about Eden Lake, so I decided to check it out. I don't usually decide to watch a movie based on one person suggesting it, as everyone has different tastes, but if a whole bunch of people are mentioning it, I'll consider checking it out.

If you've seen Eden Lake and liked it, chances are you have good taste in horror movies and the movies you suggest should be worth watching.

I don't trust a lot of peoples' judgement, especially girls, when it comes to horror movies. For example, there's a shit ton of girls that I've talked to that thought Jeepers Creepers was terrifying. I thought it was ridiculous. And The Ring- not that scary to me. The Grudge- yeah, not that scary. Basically if it has to do with girls' long hair covering their faces, with that being one of the fear factors, it's a little silly to me. I need a good, interesting, gory, scary, emotional, twisted ass movie to be impressed. Not always, but usually.

I was so shocked when I heard a few months ago, within my personal friends and acquaintances, that most girls don't enjoy seeing horror movies, sci-fi movies, fantasies, Marvel films, etc. I love those movies! Chick flicks, romances, etc. are nice to watch, but I will always love horror, fantasy, action, comic book movies, and slasher films much more.

Yes! I so agree. I hated The Ring, The Grudge, all that batch of early to mid 2000's horror movies that came out. I am going to assume you've seen Insidious, I absolutely loved that. The Tunnel is another great little known one I watched last year. It's creepy at parts and the start is very slow (the first half hour you'll want to shut it off), but it's worth watching. Plus a sequel has been announced :) Dead Snow is another one. It's a little more well known. It's (I believe) Norwegian, but the dubbed version is actually pretty good. I hardly noticed it. It's more of a fun horror movie, but it's now my favorite zombie movie. Here is the intro of the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvtLX-Od-Fc

It's so fun! Always good to meet a female horror fan, because most girls I know hate horror! I'm a DC fan, but I love Marvels movies as well (except Captain America, hate the character, never bothered with the movie).

Harley Spencer

Yes! I so agree. I hated The Ring, The Grudge, all that batch of early to mid 2000's horror movies that came out. I am going to assume you've seen Insidious, I absolutely loved that. The Tunnel is another great little known one I watched last year. It's creepy at parts and the start is very slow (the first half hour you'll want to shut it off), but it's worth watching. Plus a sequel has been announced :) Dead Snow is another one. It's a little more well known. It's (I believe) Norwegian, but the dubbed version is actually pretty good. I hardly noticed it. It's more of a fun horror movie, but it's now my favorite zombie movie. Here is the intro of the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvtLX-Od-Fc

It's so fun! Always good to meet a female horror fan, because most girls I know hate horror! I'm a DC fan, but I love Marvels movies as well (except Captain America, hate the character, never bothered with the movie).

Yeah, I've seen Insidious. I liked it until it got weird. When the main character went into the other side and it was all dark and whatnot, and the little demon guy. It got kind of silly.

I've seen Dead Snow pop up on my Netflix suggestions a bunch of times but haven't watched it yet. Unfortunately I don't have time for movies anymore like I used to. I used to just sit and watch movies all day and night, but nowadays all I do is work at my day job, work on my site, self promotion, and interact on here.

Yeah, I've seen Insidious. I liked it until it got weird. When the main character went into the other side and it was all dark and whatnot, and the little demon guy. It got kind of silly.

I've seen Dead Snow pop up on my Netflix suggestions a bunch of times but haven't watched it yet. Unfortunately I don't have time for movies anymore like I used to. I used to just sit and watch movies all day and night, but nowadays all I do is work at my day job, work on my site, self promotion, and interact on here.

A lot of people didn't like when Insidious went into the Further. I enjoyed it (that 1940's family was creepy). But to each their own :) I don't have a ton of time for movies either with work, hockey, training, etc. But I try and get in one or two a week. My goal is to watch Exorcist 3 soon for my next one. Apparently there is a really creepy hallway scene that I've read is supposed to be one of the best scenes in horror. What it is I don't know because I don't want to spoil it!

Patrick_S

persona non grata
People who liked Eden lake should check out The Children, which is another british movie involving "evil" children.

The Woman (2011), is a horror film I'd recommend. I've noticed that it has a rather polarizing effect on those who view it though, you either enjoy it or you hate it there is no in between.

I was so shocked when I heard a few months ago, within my personal friends and acquaintances, that most girls don't enjoy seeing horror movies, sci-fi movies, fantasies, Marvel films, etc. I love those movies! Chick flicks, romances, etc. are nice to watch, but I will always love horror, fantasy, action, comic book movies, and slasher films much more.

that god awful "big bang theory" is starting to influence girls into seeing scifi movies... or saying they do

and youre right, most of the time girls scary is really different from my scary

I don't have a ton of time for movies either with work, hockey, training, etc. But I try and get in one or two a week.

sounds familiar...

and i wont ruin the exorcist scene, but im not sure id say its one of the best ever. i wouldnt want you to hype it up and then be disappointed or something

The Woman (2011), is a horror film I'd recommend. I've noticed that it has a rather polarizing effect on those who view it though, you either enjoy it or you hate it there is no in between.

i saw "bloody disgusting" running ads for it, but i never got around to seeing it. it looked pretty interesting though

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

I certainly didn't like that movie.