• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

The recent "Thing" was really really good!

Truth be told as far as I am concerned anyway. We should never have seen the Norwegian base and what happened. There was no need. You can make your own mind up when watching the Kurt Russell version. I will try my damnedest to purge the memory of this tripe from my mind and never look back at it ever again. Never!. If I could destroy the memory of one movie from everyones mind and destroy the movie it's self as well. The Thing 2011 would be that movie more than any other movie. I have never hated a movie before in my life like I hate on this movie. Rancid shitfest from your typical fuckups in Hollywood is all it is. No heart or soul or atmosphere like the Kurt Russell movie had in plentyful supply. At least not IMO anyway. It's style of casting caters for the PC minded crowd as well when it should have gone down the John Carpenter's style of casting as well since it's a prequel to his movie. And that fact seals the movies fate in my eyes more than everything else that's wrong with the movie.

Hondarobot

Banned
LOL. There's some pretty high emotions developing in this thread regarding "The Thing" 2011. I haven't actually watched the entire movie yet, but if Harley liked it, it sounds OK in my book.

The John Carpenter version would be tough to beat, though. That's a great movie.

Like I said my friend. I have never come across a movie that I've hated as much as this movie. I don't have a problem with anyone liking it. I mean I wont attack anyone for saying they like it or anything. But at the same time if I had the power I'd destroy the movie and all the memories everyone has of it. I wouldn't care if it was denying people that liked it fond memories of it. It's one movie that just wasn't needed IMO. It's everything wrong with Hollywood of today. Harley can like it all she likes (as can anyone else) but Harley liking it wont make me like it, Hondarobot. I tend to judge for myself on these matters.

Hondarobot

Banned
Well I respect that.

(Shut up, now, I'm kissing up to Harley to try and get her pants off again)

So anyhow, as I was saying, The Thing 2011 is the greatest movie ever made.

:sunny:

I love Interview with a Vampire and Queen of the Damned!

the movie or book?

1 Day !?!? that's a shame and somewhat suprising considering it starred Bradley Cooper and Leslie Bibb, who I consider to be fairly well-known actors...

I've heard of Nightbreed but I haven't seen it so I will definately check it out...I just looked it up on IMDb and it looks really interesting !

I didn't know that the recent "Thing" was a prequel...that's good to know and it allows me to enjoy it much more since I don't feel like I need to compare it against the original...I hope they make another "Thing" movie and the next is a chronological sequel to the original because there is all types of great potential storylines of what would happen if that Alien creature actually made it to a highly populated area !

yeah, 1 day. just like "a scanner darkly", a philip k. dick adaption film... and that also had some name actors in it...

you wont be disappointed with "nightbreed" if you like clive barker

and yes, the new "thing" is better knowing its not trying to outdo the original

Well I respect that.

i respect that in a way :)

its funny, i added that on my instant netflix a few weeks back and am waiting to watch it with a friend. is it more of a suspense type of horror film?

It's more like an intense psychodrama similar to the Shining and Rosemary's Baby but not 100% like those movies. The last 15 minutes of the flick are the intense, violent parts. I've got some nitpicks with it but the actors keep the movie together though. I haven't seen any of Lars Von Trier's other movies so I don't know how flawed or how good they compare to Antichrist.

It's more like an intense psychodrama similar to the Shining and Rosemary's Baby but not 100% like those movies. The last 15 minutes of the flick are the intense, violent parts. I've got some nitpicks with it but the actors keep the movie together though. I haven't seen any of Lars Von Trier's other movies so I don't know how flawed or how good they compare to Antichrist.

ill let you know my opinion after i see it... im pretty excited to watch it

Hondarobot

Banned
Lars von Trier is a film genius. I actually don't like most of his movies, but I respect what he's doing. He's something like the combination of Luis Buñuel and Ingmar Bergman. I haven't watched "Antichrist" yet, but check out "Riget" (The Kingdom) if you want an introduction to his stuff.

DON'T make the mistake of watching the Stephen King remake version, that's terrible.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
its funny, i added that on my instant netflix a few weeks back and am waiting to watch it with a friend. is it more of a suspense type of horror film?

I watched that one about 2-3 years ago. It's... not for everyone, that's for sure. It's strange, but it's definitely interesting and as disturbing as some of it may be (not really gross disturbing, but... just... lol disturbing), it keeps you waiting to see what's going to happen. You just have to keep watching it. I liked it.

Oh and I'd just like to add that I think Willem Dafoe is one of the most unattractive men on the planet. However, apparently they had to use a stand-in for his dick because his dick was too big to have on screen.

Harley Spencer

Truth be told as far as I am concerned anyway. We should never have seen the Norwegian base and what happened. There was no need. You can make your own mind up when watching the Kurt Russell version. I will try my damnedest to purge the memory of this tripe from my mind and never look back at it ever again. Never!. If I could destroy the memory of one movie from everyones mind and destroy the movie it's self as well. The Thing 2011 would be that movie more than any other movie. I have never hated a movie before in my life like I hate on this movie. Rancid shitfest from your typical fuckups in Hollywood is all it is. No heart or soul or atmosphere like the Kurt Russell movie had in plentyful supply. At least not IMO anyway. It's style of casting caters for the PC minded crowd as well when it should have gone down the John Carpenter's style of casting as well since it's a prequel to his movie. And that fact seals the movies fate in my eyes more than everything else that's wrong with the movie.

Ooook then... :lurk:

I will still like the movie, but I will not argue with you. Mostly because I haven't seen the original one (I know, I know...), but partly because I don't want to argue.

So, yeah. Carry on!

Harley Spencer

Well I respect that.

:booty:

I don't think it was the greatest movie ever made, but I did enjoy it. My all time favorite movie is Moulin Rouge. Now, go watch that, come back here and let me know what you thought about it, and then we'll talk about taking my pants off. And maybe your pants too.

Ooook then... :lurk:

I will still like the movie, but I will not argue with you. Mostly because I haven't seen the original one (I know, I know...), but partly because I don't want to argue.

So, yeah. Carry on!

taking nothing away from the prequel (which did the original justice in my opinion), you really owe it to yourself to see the original... in all ways, it still can hold up to modern horror films. i pretty much force it onto people.

:booty:

I don't think it was the greatest movie ever made, but I did enjoy it. My all time favorite movie is Moulin Rouge. Now, go watch that, come back here and let me know what you thought about it, and then we'll talk about taking my pants off. And maybe your pants too.

oh, xtina and nicole kidman are a weakness... as a sidenote, did you see/enjoy burlesque?

Harley Spencer

oh, xtina and nicole kidman are a weakness... as a sidenote, did you see/enjoy burlesque?

I did see Burlesque, I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it. I was pleasantly surprised that they did as much dancing in it as they did, as that's the main reason I wanted to see it. But it was too much like Coyote Ugly for me to be very impressed with it.