• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Election 2008

McBama or O' Cain?

• Total voters
Anyone else think it's kind of shitty that something like secret ballot elections would have a public poll?

H

I agree. I was the first person to post a thread about the Election but then someone merged them and made the poll open. Which they would have kept them the same along with the names at the top.

The best for U.S.A. is ... Obama!!!. :glugglug:

The best for U.S.A. is ... Obama!!!. :glugglug:

The best thing for
earth-3d-space-tour-big.jpg
everyone :D

The best is ...

The best is ... not running.

Obama is the clear choice. McSame is not going to help us. And Palin??? The bumper stickers should read: McCain/MILF 08!!! She is pathetic. Her resume is horrible. She was a local weather girl for an Alaskan town, Mayor of a town of less than 6,500 people and a Governor of Alaska. But everyone has their own opinion.

McCain is a desperate, in-over-his-head fool. His highest service-level is Senator. He can't keep more than one issue "going." Which makes perfect sense since a Senator generally has a focused agenda set forth by the Majority Leader...there's protocol to follow...it's a singular job.

I can't help but laugh at the Republicans. They could've had Mitt Romney, a successful CEO, leader and Republican Gov from a Liberal state...to offer REAL leadership on an economic meltdown. Instead they get a tired, cranky, geezer....

he's 73 years old...do you know many people that age that can focus on more than one thing at a time?

Let alone, why suspend the campaign? he hasn't been in the senate for a vote since April...and now he suspends his campaign? Didn't all this happen in Wall Street a week ago?

And why not let his VP choice carry on the campaign while he goes to work...oh wait, she's not talking to people without full preparation. She's obviously ready to take over at a heart beats notice.

Please vote Obama, this is getting ridiculous.

Go Obama, Go Obama!!! ... Sorry but McCain will bring destruction to U.S.A.!!!. :( ... God bless U.S.A.!!!!!. :glugglug:

:dunno:
McCain = Bush
:crying:

I have a question about legislation. Have no idea where to fing this information in brief. Please help me if you know, or give any links!

Who knows, what happened if one of presidential candidates would be assassinated, or dead due to some kinda illness before the election day?

Of course, I do not want this to happen, I just want to understand what does the law say about this hypothetical situation.

Would it be an automatic restart for the whole campaign? Or this candidate would be substituted with someone else from his party? What would happen with date of elections, and would be the results of primary "saved" for that substituted candidate?
or everyhting would be restarted from the very first point?

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I'm currently watching the Presidential Debate right now and, IMO, McCain is getting owned by Obama.

Philbert

Banned
Not unless you think a talker is the superior of a doer...McCain has said all the things I needed to hear...
I am watching "Kingdom" right now, appropriate viewing for the times.
Obama should learn a few things and check back in a few years.
All those who want Obama to learn how to lead the US and join the World leaders as a trainee...you will get what you deserve, and the rest of us will have to fall with you.
I hope for a great leader soon, but until they surface I want a strong man in charge.
Better or worse...that is John McCain. I am no longer unsure.
I am no longer joining these liberal cheerleading sessions...nothing for me to learn here.:wave2:

Is that the movie staring Jennifer Garner? That was a ridiculous, chest-thumping "amurican" piece of crap movie, philbert. Seriously dude. That was a beast.

I am no longer joining these liberal cheerleading sessions...nothing for me to learn here.:wave2:
And with this...another closed American conservative mind retreats further into denial....

And with this...another closed American conservative mind retreats further into denial....

yeah - again with this idea of being "liberal" being a bad thing
- suppose that's a difference between republican folks in the us and
the prevailing mood in the uk & europe

for sure i think basically every mainstream uk politician <except maybe a few reactionary old tories> would be classified as a "liberal" on that kind of interpretation

i watched the debate live too
i think obama got the better of it - but not by miles, and they both had their stronger and weaker moments. the way i saw it obama had more strong moments and mccain more weak

- i still think mccain has major credibility problems regarding "bringing change" & when he was talking about the evils of washington & wall street
i was thinking come on john,
even as a self proclaimed maverick,
he's been in washington forever, was saying the economy was strong & defending the old system until a matter of days/weeks ago and, as barry pointed out, he's voted with bush around 90% of the time

but i think mccain may have appeared stronger & have edged it with a lot of voters during the national security / foreign policy part of the debate

& obama, in my eyes, was clearly a lot stronger on the economy
- and the tax & spending thing
i think if i was a blue collar american voter i would buy obama's commitment to help me rather than mccain's wish to cut taxes for the very wealthy

that's just my :2 cents:, view from over the pond
:)

I really liked the part were Barack said Spain? We wont even have diplomacy with Spain? Really great part of the debate. Overall I think Obama did pretty well, especially in the economy area which is the most important in the election this year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002...ential_race;_ylt=AkfO7etpRzunJ6ZcYOC11JNI2ocA

"AP poll: Obama takes a 7-point lead over McCain"

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama has surged to a seven-point lead over John McCain one month before the presidential election, lifted by voters who think the Democrat is better suited to lead the nation through its sudden financial crisis, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that underscores the mounting concerns of some McCain backers.

Likely voters now back Obama 48-41 percent over McCain, a dramatic shift from an AP-GfK survey that gave the Republican a slight edge nearly three weeks ago, before Wall Street collapsed and sent ripples across worldwide markets. On top of that, unrelated surveys show Obama beating McCain in several battlegrounds, including Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania and Iowa — four states critical in the state-by-state fight for the presidency.

Several GOP strategists close to McCain's campaign privately fret that his chances for victory are starting to slip away.

These Republicans, speaking on condition of anonymity to avoid angering the campaign, point to several factors: Obama's gains nationally and in traditionally GOP states, no McCain boost from the first debate, McCain's struggles with economic issues as the financial crisis has unfolded and deepening public skepticism about his running mate, Sarah Palin."

The trend is clear.:thumbsup: