• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Election 2008

McBama or O' Cain?

• Total voters
Re: Barack McCain or John Obama?

I'm surprised Ron Paul is no-where to be seen. Everyone who is smart would have voted for him....

I am a smart guy and in my opinion I would not vote for him. for a couple reasons.

- Prolife
- immigration
- religion
- Stem cell research

I like allot of his other ideas, but his not my guy and really does not stand a chance to win. I do admire him for his stances though. Maybe he will run again in the future with a true middle of the road stance that unites.

I really think that Obama as a president would undermine the alliance system and role of the United States in the world. Anybody want an elaboration?

I really think that Obama as a president would undermine the alliance system and role of the United States in the world. Anybody want to hear more?

Facetious

Moderated

The "Mac Daddy" wants to force the working taxpayers of America into funding some alleged "world poverty relief program".
I say Bull Shit ! This reeks of fraud !

Is "change" all that is required for your vote ?
Well then, go ahead and vote for a gentleman
whose essentially immune to any questioning, for it would be interpreted as racism in doing so.

Carte Blanche to do whatever the hell he wants . . and you can't say a word !
Yep ! he's a commy and so are you !

:)

(coined by a one Reverend Campbell - Harlem)

- undecided - unlikely to vote voter

Well I cant think he do any worse in world opinion. Wether you care or not, our world stance in many other countries eyes is a quite low right now.

This is a intersting article on what others think when we choose a president, it is a liberal stance, but I have read very few articles* that say otherwise:

http://www.slate.com/id/2188513

* I would love to see some counter articles if you have them. All way interested in those as well.

Well I am glad the past administration has funded a war which has cost this nation countless lives and a unlimited budget on a unpopular war in the U.S. taxpayers eyes.

It is not good to pay for social programs, but a endless war and escalating budget shortfall is ok with you.

Also in the history of the U.S., the democratic party has been based on the middle class base.

Why bring race into it? He hasnt. Is there some kind of upwelling ensuing against him?

maildude

Postal Paranoiac

I really think that Obama as a president would undermine the alliance system and role of the United States in the world. Anybody want to hear more?

That's what they said about Kennedy. He didn't want to go into Vietnam. But by the time he took office we already had "advisers" there. Lots of voters called him a 'softie' or an "Ivy-League liberal." But he stood up to Khruschev. Sure he fucked up in Cuba. But he didn't cave there either. Maybe Obama has more of a backbone than people give him credit for.

obama in berlin... what an event. his speach was not as great as i expected but it was good... here in germany everyone's for obama. we hope he will bring a lil bit change in the world. he's sympathic and i hope you will vote for him...
but i have to say i don't know much about mccain

How about instead of referring to Barack Obama as "the presumptive democratic nominee" we just go ahead and refer to him as "the presumptive president":thefinger

With each passing day, with each new (or recurring) McCain gaffe (poor Johnny still believes in his Czechoslovakia:nono:)...I see the voting margin of victory for Obama increasing...I think he could win 70% - 30% by November.

McCain just makes some incredible gaffes for someone who claims to have passed "the leadership test":dunno:

Who will be Obama's V.P?

I'll go for John Barack eeehh Barack John eeh whatever, the Democratic candidate.

How about instead of referring to Barack Obama as "the presumptive democratic nominee" we just go ahead and refer to him as "the presumptive president":thefinger

With each passing day, with each new (or recurring) McCain gaffe (poor Johnny still believes in his Czechoslovakia:nono:)...I see the voting margin of victory for Obama increasing...I think he could win 70% - 30% by November.

McCain just makes some incredible gaffes for someone who claims to have passed "the leadership test":dunno:

Who will be Obama's V.P?

He just won it yesterday. We'll see what he's going to do. He's going to inheret a hell of a mess.

First thing first, end the occupation in Iraq. Bring troops home. Second, create a *new* Gitmo and fill it with Bush Cons---Dubya, Cheney, Wolfy, Rummy, Condi, Big Oil ceos, Gonzo...the list goes on and on...is a new Gulag Gitmo big enough to fill all these criminals???

georges

Staff member

Obama has zero knowledge about economics and geostrategy so I wouldn't make big hopes of him winning the presidency. Do you honestly think Germans like Obama and leftists in general???? Obama wants to be a second Kennedy that is for sure.

Obama has zero knowledge about economics and geostrategy so I wouldn't make big hopes of him winning the presidency. Do you honestly think Germans like Obama and leftists in general???? Obama wants to be a second Kennedy that is for sure.

I'm not familiar with the Euro poltical landscape. All I really know is that it is pretty left-wing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If being a brilliant speaker is all it takes to be the most powerful person in the world (i.e. the US President), then Obama is the man.

I'm glad you're conservative Georges, it balances out the board. I've said it before; I can't vote for either of these candidate for a whole myriad of reasons.

(posted this on another thread. I thought it should be here too)

This is an excerpt from the Preliminary Analysis of the 2008 Presidential Candidates' Tax Plans (Full Report) From the Urban Institute — a nonpartisan economic and social policy research organization.

The two candidates' plans would have sharply different distributional effects. Senator McCain's tax cuts would primarily benefit those with very high incomes, almost all of whom would receive large tax cuts that would, on average, raise their after-tax incomes by more than twice the average for all households. Many fewer households at the bottom of the income distribution would get tax cuts and those whose taxes fall would, on average, see their after-tax income rise much less. In marked contrast, Senator Obama offers much larger tax breaks to low- and middle-income taxpayers and would increase taxes on high-income taxpayers. The largest tax cuts, as a share of income, would go to those at the bottom of the income distribution, while taxpayers with the highest income would see their taxes rise.

Clearly, Obama's economic plans are far more beneficial to the middle class and the poor, who make up the majority of this country, than are McCains. McCains economic policies obviously favor the wealthy and place a larger tax burden on the people who can least afford to bare that burdon.

The Analysis of the 2008 Presidential Candidates' Tax Plans, a combined effort of the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution, is a completely independant and nonpartisan report that makes sense of the candidates stated economic plans. Here is the link to it: http://www.urban.org/publications/411693.html

^This source is as "legit" as it gets.

If a person makes less than $250,000 a year then Obama is the best choice of the two economically speaking. If you make more than $250,000 a year then McCain is the best choice economically.