• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Election 2008

McBama or O' Cain?

• Total voters

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
^ Friday and I are from the same area, agree on music but have very different political/social views.
I except it, I believe he does too.
No matter what anyone says, I feel the news media has been brutal on the Bush Administration since around 2004 and on Republicans in general.Thats not saying he hasn't made mistakes or even defending him/them.

I believe the news media has greatly influenced the people in having a mindset that the U.S. is bad and wrong, not matter what the issue.

And I believe many people feel comfortable feeling that way.

I just hope they don't babysit Obama if he gets elected or even before.
Basically show him through rose colored glasses.
I believe they have, they are, and they will.

He hasn't proven himself to be anything but a very good speaker and at times a double talker to this point in his political career.
But millions think he is some sort of savior and I give the news media much credit for that.

dick van cock

Closed Account
Barack McCain or John Obama?

I sincerely apologize to icerfan, but we need a vote on this burning issue.

Can you tell the difference?

icerfan

Nikkala made me do it!
Re: Barack McCain or John Obama?

Actually DVC, I think it's okay you did this thread, with the other one having all four candidates at the top of the poll (made it kind of dated). Now that we're down to two, it was time for a new one with just the big two in the poll on top. :thumbsup:

But CLOSE THE OTHER ONE! LOL :crash:

"McBama or O' Cain?" :wtf: :ban: :rofl:

While I don't feel the way about McCain I do some pubs,Obama (a dem ) is needed to reverse the damage done by the dunce in office now.

PS: This should have been a "public" poll.

Edit: My bad it is public.

I recommend everyone to watch "Something's Happening Here"; a new CNN special that examines the similarities and differences between 1968 and 2008.

I don't know who I am going to vote for in November. I voted for a Democrat (Obama) in February (California) because I am an independent.

I am looking forward to the conventions and the debates and will probably make my mind a few days before Election Day.

I choose Obama because "other" isn't really a viable alternative. And I disagree with Republicans on too many issues to vote for McCain.

I fail to understand how someone could not already have their mind made up. Republicans and Democrats are like night and day. You may not agree 100% with either party but you have to know which one is more compatible with your personal beliefs.

Independants = Fence sitters

S

sputnikgirl

^How do independents = fence sitters? Many of them don't want either McCain or Obama and would rather vote for a third party.

I choose Obama because "other" isn't really a viable alternative. And I disagree with Republicans on too many issues to vote for McCain.

I fail to understand how someone could not already have their mind made up. Republicans and Democrats are like night and day. You may not agree 100% with either party but you have to know which one is more compatible with your personal beliefs.

Independants = Fence sitters

Well, I am only 21 years old and my political ideologies are constantly changing. I like both candidates. Out of the 20 some odd candidates on both sides in the beginning, these 2 were part of my top 4 and Kucinich and Paul seemed like long shots even then.

So I will wait it out and see what happens. If I had to confine myself to a single political ideology, I guess I would have describe myself as a libertarian.

In recent memory, I would say that Reagan is probably the President that I would align myself with the most, although I am a little shaky on some of his foreign policy decisions.

I don't like Obama and believe that we don't need another war hawk president like McCain in the White House. I do want Clinton because she's politically smart, but she's also amoral.

I'm, I think, the only on-line person who I've who wants an Obama/Clinton ticket.

Otherwise, I don't know.

^How do independents = fence sitters? Many of them don't want either McCain or Obama and would rather vote for a third party.

I understand wanting to vote for a "third" party candidate. The problem with that is there is no third party candidate that really has a chance. You got two choices. Anything else is a wasted vote. I wish things were different. But they're not.

I liked Ron Paul the most. But he isn't a real option.

I honestly think there is something wrong with McCain. I wold hate to say that it's his old age but it might also be his staff.

On two different occasions he has made statements that the Democrats will try to remind the public of at every opportunity, until November.

The 100 years in Iraq and that he is not an expert on the economy.

The part that upsets me the most is how the media and the general public are too uninformed to understand the scope of those statements.

We have troops stationed in Korea since the '50s, Germany and Japan since the '40s, and Guantanamo since the 19th century!

And also, the public often oversimplifies the economy as something that is a fixable entity. The economy goes through boom and bust cycles and has many factors that affect it that are beyond the President's control. Furthermore, most politicians are not as informed on the economy as they lead people to believe. Their entire lives are spent in public office, not in the private sector, and that is why the Federal Reserve has such great authority over the U.S. Economy.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!

Well I wanted Hillary, but that's not to be. I have to go with Obama. We need a Democrat in office. If McCain is elected he's just doing Dubya's third term and this country can't take another one of those.

i don't buy this "presumptive nominee" crap. the convention hasn't even been held yet. anything could happen! i mean, we all know abraham lincoln was assassinated, right?

this poll is rigged.

mercer, becasue chamge am scarry.
http://www.mercerforpresident2008.com/Policies.html

You are right we still have way to go before the election and both of them for different reason may not make it.Obama we all know what danger he is in and McCain, well he is lets say not a young guy.

And let me add that I am also one who thinks Hillary would have been better choice and would make smart choice for Obama as running mate.

I honestly think there is something wrong with McCain. I wold hate to say that it's his old age but it might also be his staff.

On two different occasions he has made statements that the Democrats will try to remind the public of at every opportunity, until November.

The 100 years in Iraq and that he is not an expert on the economy.

The part that upsets me the most is how the media and the general public are too uninformed to understand the scope of those statements.

We have troops stationed in Korea since the '50s, Germany and Japan since the '40s, and Guantanamo since the 19th century!

And also, the public often oversimplifies the economy as something that is a fixable entity. The economy goes through boom and bust cycles and has many factors that affect it that are beyond the President's control. Furthermore, most politicians are not as informed on the economy as they lead people to believe. Their entire lives are spent in public office, not in the private sector, and that is why the Federal Reserve has such great authority over the U.S. Economy.

Most politicians are lawyers, not businesspeople. This is, I believe, why they choose a stimulus plan versus contemplating an actual way to fix the underlying issues with the American economy, i.e. our lack of manufacturing power, our crumbling infrastructure, our low math and science grades and output, etc. Most businesspeople who want glory run Fortune 50y0 companies. In fact, most of my fellow accounting majors think with disdain upon government work - too little upfront pay.

The ultimate issue with the public vis-a-vis the economy is two-fold, in my opinion:

1) All issues are local. This a fundamental problem because it seemingly excludes a united front with which to unite in order to influence the political unless the problems become as widespread as rising gas and food prices or falling house prices.

2) Economics is complex, yet dull. Will people who vote for American Idol <i> before </i> our president really be entertained by price theory, inflation control, and the whys of supply demanded versus supply and demand?

Most politicians are lawyers, not businesspeople. This is, I believe, why they choose a stimulus plan versus contemplating an actual way to fix the underlying issues with the American economy, i.e. our lack of manufacturing power, our crumbling infrastructure, our low math and science grades and output, etc. Most businesspeople who want glory run Fortune 50y0 companies. In fact, most of my fellow accounting majors think with disdain upon government work - too little upfront pay.

The ultimate issue with the public vis-a-vis the economy is two-fold, in my opinion:

1) All issues are local. This a fundamental problem because it seemingly excludes a united front with which to unite in order to influence the political unless the problems become as widespread as rising gas and food prices or falling house prices.

2) Economics is complex, yet dull. Will people who vote for American Idol <i> before </i> our president really be entertained by price theory, inflation control, and the whys of supply demanded versus supply and demand?

I believe that the stimuls plan was not intended to fix the economy but to slightly and temporarily improve it by election season. Ultimatley, encouraging people to spend wastefully rather than save can only increase inflation.

And the crumbling infrastructure and machinery part...well that is part of the boom and bust cycle. Do you think Congress is going to attempt to raise taxes to improve infrastructure during a boom period? Most people will reply "why fix something that isn't broke." But when they become outdated we suffer through some economic hardships. Thus taxes are raised and new programs help the economy long term.