• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Clint Eastwood to speak at the Convention tonight.

Know what he sounded/looked like? A grumpy old man.

And an irrelevant one. Why was he invited to speak? Because he is famous? Ridiculous.

Funny how most in here didn't begrudge Clint, or call him senile or, a grumpy old man, and or irrelevant when he made that Detroit commercial during the Super Bowl. Why? Because most of you thought he was patting Obama on the back for a "job well done".

:flaccid:

http://board.freeones.com/showthrea...etroit/page2&highlight=detroit+clint+eastwood

obamagetoff.gif

Funny how most in here didn't begrudge Clint, or call him senile or, a grumpy old man, and or irrelevant when he made that Detroit commercial during the Super Bowl. Why? Because most of you thought he was patting Obama on the back for a "job well done".

http://board.freeones.com/showthrea...etroit/page2&highlight=detroit+clint+eastwood
I never told Clint was senile or whatever. I don't think he is. A senile man couldn't have realised J Edgar last year.
Clint has always been a true Republican. He's the kind of guy who would vote for the Rep candidate, whoever he is 'cause his endorsement is to the Republican party, to its principles, its ideology, not particulary to one guy. Woever thought Eastwood could be an Obama supporter knows nothing about American politics.
But, Clint is an honest guy, honest enough to give credits to guys who do good job, even thought the ones he gives credits to could be Democrats.

But this doesn't change my opinion about his speech, wich I explain on some previous post in this topic.

I never told Clint was senile or whatever. I don't think he is. A senile man couldn't have realised J Edgar last year.
Clint has always been a true Republican. He's the kind of guy who would vote for the Rep candidate, whoever he is 'cause his endorsement is to the Republican party, to its principles, its ideology, not particulary to one guy. Woever thought Eastwood could be an Obama supporter knows nothing about American politics.
But, Clint is an honest guy, honest enough to give credits to guys who do good job, even thought the ones he gives credits to could be Democrats.

But this doesn't change my opinion about his speech, wich I explain on some previous post in this topic.

Uhmm.... Clint is for Gay Marriage, Gay Rights, and Pro Choice.

Oh, and he voted for Obama in 2008.

Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

:D

I didn't begrudge him his superbowl commercial. I don't begrudge him this speech. If you look again at what I said, I merely find him irrelevant. His superbowl ad, and this speech, are both ridiculous. He gets to voice his opinion, super. Everyone gets to do that. He gets to do it at a national level simply because he makes movies? ridiculous.

Uhmm.... Clint is for Gay Marriage, Gay Rights, and Pro Choice.

Oh, and he voted for Obama in 2008.

Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

:D

You're right that he's for same-sex marriage. He's more libertarian than he is conservative though. I read the interview where he said he's for same-sex marriage and he said "I don’t give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else." Basically just leave everybody the fuck alone

Same shit. Clint may have more "credibility" but he's too old, hhe's stuck decades ago.

Get some economist, diplomats, financial experts or environmentalists on stage, on both side. They would have things to tell. We would have things to learn.
But clearly these conventions, on both side, are not to teach us some stuff. It's all about making the headlines, having maximum media-coverage.

Todays politics is all about selling shit to people. Shit wrapped in sparkly package... And the saddest thing is that it workls, people buy this shit.

If you live in France, as your profile suggests, why do you give a shit about American politics? And since when has France gotten it right?

If you live in France, as your profile suggests, why do you give a shit about American politics? And since when has France gotten it right?
A word for you to learn : GLOBALIZATION
For example, what the US are doing in the Middle East has consequences on Oil prices, wich concern the all world.

Also, the Reps are stupidly denying Global Warming and plan to keep destroying the environment. So, Romney election. would be very bad news for the entire world, including the US.

Mayhem

Banned
I didn't begrudge him his superbowl commercial. I don't begrudge him this speech. If you look again at what I said, I merely find him irrelevant. His superbowl ad, and this speech, are both ridiculous. He gets to voice his opinion, super. Everyone gets to do that. He gets to do it at a national level simply because he makes movies? ridiculous.

It's the fact that he was the "surprise guest", like this person addressing the convention was a big deal. Like Palin or, heaven forbid, Ron Paul. Now that's a fuckin' surprise. Clint gave his endorsement not long ago, so that's not a surprise. And he could have been a "listed" guest, and made every bit of impact that he made....absolutely none. No one is voting for Romney because Clint Eastwood says so, and no one is voting against Obama because Clint Eastwood says so. It's the "Big Deal Surprise Guest" thing that makes this laughable.

And don't get me wrong. Back in the day, if the weather on a weekend sucked that bad and I was stuck inside, any UHF station that was carrying any Clint Eastwood movie was praised like a demi-god.

A word for you to learn : GLOBALIZATION
For example, what the US are doing in the Middle East has consequences on Oil prices, wich concern the all world.

Also, the Reps are stupidly denying Global Warming and plan to keep destroying the environment. So, Romney election. would be very bad news for the entire world, including the US.

1. Fuck globalization.

2. What the US is doing in the Middle East has no bearing on oil prices world wide.

3. You got one right - Most republicans/conservatives deny global warming. (however, there is no proof of global warming)

4. Prove your statement that the republicans are destroying the environment. Prove it. I dare you.

Every one of you who have criticized Eastwood, would be praising him had he done the same thing against Bush back when he was running for his second term.

Every one of you who have criticized Eastwood, would be praising him had he done the same thing against Bush back when he was running for his second term.

I'd vote for Clint sooner than Romney or Obama. He is a fiscal conservative and a social liberal from what I read.

(I'm not sure if this is an endorsement of Clint - who I like - or a knock on the two guys running)

I don't know, but from stuff I've been reading online all day around the blogosphere (slow day at work, 3 day weekend, maybe off to some beach tomorrow) about libs critizicing "old" Clint's performance, it seems that his speech stung them B-A-D, and it stung Obummer especially bad, like stung by a Japanese hornet bad, that he had to respond with this:

120831034924-obama-campaign-chair-tweet-story-top.jpg

Clint probably hit a raw nerve in the collective's thin skin.

Anyway, I liked this version better:

obama_chair_clown.jpg

:tongue:

We'd be speaking English with a British accent if it weren't for the French. Read a history book once in a while will ya:facepalm: