• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Clint Eastwood to speak at the Convention tonight.

Good job, Clint!

:banana:

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
I hope it's to pull out a handgun and start firing into the crowd. Then, when Ryan's crouched behind some debris, Clint goes up to him and says, "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?".

I hope it's to pull out a handgun and start firing into the crowd. Then, when Ryan's crouched behind some debris, Clint goes up to him and says, "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?".

Well, having a gun, knowing how to use, and not pissing his pants when using it would mean he's a conservative :tongue: I kid, I kid, before you start listing a bunch of libs who own guns or went to war and killed Hitler or something, IT'S A JOKE, the conservatives in the audience will get it. Right, Sam? :tongue:

So, he'd be pretty comfortable with the crowd there. And, yes, Clint Eastwood himself is rather conservative/libertarian leaning, definetely not a lib.

Good job, Clint!
When did the guy became an economist ? Or a global geo-politician ? Or a financial expert ? Or an environmentalist ?
'cause these are the kind of guys who should speak : Guys who know what they are talking about, guys with uber-high expertise in their specific topic and went through outstanding achivements.

With all the respect I have for the guy as a movie director and actor, he's just a movie director and actor. An amazingly great one, for sure, but still, he's knowledge about economy, social, healthcare, security, defense, diplomacy, or environment protection is close to 0.

So, I can tell you what kind of speech he will tell : an ideological one, based on nothing but feelings and believes. Clearly, the guy won't give the american people reasons to vote for Romney, reasons why the Republicans would do better than the Democrats.
He will just explain why a 82 years old guy, a multi-multionnaire successful movie actor and director believes so.
But not everyone in America is a 82 years old multi-milionnaire sucessful movie actor and director...

When did the guy became an economist ? Or a global geo-politician ? Or a financial expert ? Or an environmentalist ?
'cause these are the kind of guys who should speak : Guys who know what they are talking about, guys with uber-high expertise in their specific topic and went through outstanding achivements.

With all the respect I have for the guy as a movie director and actor, he's just a movie director and actor. An amazingly great one, for sure, but still, he's knowledge about economy, social, healthcare, security, defense, diplomacy, or environment protection is close to 0.

So, I can tell you what kind of speech he will tell : an ideological one, based on nothing but feelings and believes. Clearly, the guy won't give the american people reasons to vote for Romney, reasons why the Republicans would do better than the Democrats.
He will just explain why a 82 years old guy, a multi-multionnaire successful movie actor and director believes so.
But not everyone in America is a 82 years old multi-milionnaire sucessful movie actor and director...

I would more readily give deference to Clint Eastwood as a political authority than I would [NOBABE]Eva Longoria[/NOBABE], Sandra Fluke or Spanish-language, daytime talk-show host Cristina, who are all slated to speak at the DNC next week.

I would more readily give deference to Clint Eastwood as a political authority than I would [NOBABE]Eva Longoria[/NOBABE], Sandra Fluke and Spanish-language, daytime talk-show host Cristina, who are all slated to speak at the DNC next week.
Same shit. Clint may have more "credibility" but he's too old, hhe's stuck decades ago.

Get some economist, diplomats, financial experts or environmentalists on stage, on both side. They would have things to tell. We would have things to learn.
But clearly these conventions, on both side, are not to teach us some stuff. It's all about making the headlines, having maximum media-coverage.

Todays politics is all about selling shit to people. Shit wrapped in sparkly package... And the saddest thing is that it workls, people buy this shit.

Didn't see the speech, but I heard he acted the way you'd expect. Like a senile old man who's literally lost touch with reality.

DR. B

Closed Account
Didn't see the speech, but I heard he acted the way you'd expect. Like a senile old man who's literally lost touch with reality.

lol, you sound like a democrat LOL!!!

His speech was just bizarre. It was a huge mistake to have him speaking on the same night as Romney because he totally overshadowed him. Tomorrow at the water cooler everyone is going to be talking about Eastwood and not Romney. Eastwood was just rambling the whole time, I was waiting for someone to come out there and usher him off the stage.

Watching Eastwood kind of felt like watching Dick Clark at his last couple NYE gigs. Sadness overcame my heart.

Maybe I took it for what it was - an icon, an actor and director whose work I really enjoy giving his support for Romney. I found his presentation to be funny, refreshing, and I believe sincere. I've been tuning in and out to the Convention, but Eastwood was my favorite part. I literally smiled throughout his presentation and really enjoyed it. I read the whole thing as him coming across as a gentleman who is conservative and is supporting Romney.

I was disappointed by NBC's commentary after it. They took shots at him immediately. Mitchell attacked his accuracy. I think his accuracy is better than Romney, Ryan, Obama, and Biden's.

I'm still voting for Obama, but Clint came across well.

From what I've seen, he didn't tell why he's voting for Romney. He just told why he won't vote for Obama. All what he said could b sum up in one sentence : Obama didn't do the job. But he never told what makes him believe the Reps are gonna do it...
What he told, anyone could have told it. Anyone can see there's some problem in America (as in any country), some work to be done. But then, once you saw the problem, you gotta solve them and Clint never said why he trust Romney to do it or, at least, do better than Obama did.

Mayhem

Banned
From what I've seen, he didn't tell why he's voting for Romney. He just told why he won't vote for Obama. All what he said could b sum up in one sentence : Obama didn't do the job. But he never told what makes him believe the Reps are gonna do it...
What he told, anyone could have told it. Anyone can see there's some problem in America (as in any country), some work to be done. But then, once you saw the problem, you gotta solve them and Clint never said why he trust Romney to do it or, at least, do better than Obama did.

^^^^ And that is the best that anyone is ever going to sum this up. :thumbsup:

Know what he sounded/looked like? A grumpy old man.

And an irrelevant one. Why was he invited to speak? Because he is famous? Ridiculous.