• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Beautiful galaxy and space thread

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Well Rane I do not know where you are located. However I have a picture perfect view of Mars where I am.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
The “Death Star” galaxy at lower left is blasting its companion to the upper right with a particle jet from a black hole.

3C 321 is a system of two galaxies rotating around each other. They are notable for showing the first observed galaxy smiting another galaxy with a blast of energy, which is theorized to be from a supermassive black hole at the center of the former galaxy.

As early as 4:05 a.m. PDT on May 5th, those on the West Coast of the United States will have the chance to witness an interplanetary launch for the first time. The United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket will carry NASA’s InSight spacecraft into orbit from Vandenberg Air Force Base, near Lompoc, California.

InSight, which stands for Interior Exploration Using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport, is a lander bound for the Elysium Planitia region in Mars’s Northern hemisphere. There, it will gather data on the crust, mantle and core of Mars. It will also listen for tectonic activity and meteorite impacts.

Though the launch represents the beginning of InSight’s expedition, in another way, it is the end of a long journey. NASA delayed the lander’s original launch in 2016 after discovering a problem with a key instrument. This second chance at the mission gives planetary scientists another opportunity to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

A Look Inside Mars

As the date of the launch approaches, planetary scientists are gearing up for a wealth of new information that will provide clues into how rocky planets form, show how Mars evolved over time, and provide one of the most complete records of regional weather on Mars that we’ve ever had. These experiments could shed light on the history of the Earth and other rocky planets in the cosmos, as well as lay groundwork for future human exploration of the Red Planet.

http://www.astronomy.com/news/2018/...will-soon-peer-deep-into-the-interior-of-mars

Here we go Rane! More Mars exploration.

Also here is video

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BdxYRQjdwoKX

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I truly believe we will never inhabit mars. Due to the fact that the tiniest tornado is miles wide, the volcano on it is size of Texas, and wind storms make our hurricanes look like a balmy day. But fantasy wise one can dream :)

I truly believe we will never inhabit mars. Due to the fact that the tiniest tornado is miles wide, the volcano on it is size of Texas, and wind storms make our hurricanes look like a balmy day. But fantasy wise one can dream :)
The tornadoes may be miles wide, but the air pressure is so low, it's like a gentle breeze. And that volcano is long past dormant. I'd be more worried about solar radiation.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

"Polar Ring Galaxy NGC 660 "

NGC 660 is featured in this cosmic snapshot. Over 40 million light-years away and swimming within the boundaries of the constellation Pisces, NGC 660's peculiar appearance marks it as a polar ring galaxy. A rare galaxy type, polar ring galaxies have a substantial population of stars, gas, and dust orbiting in rings strongly tilted from the plane of the galactic disk.

The tornadoes may be miles wide, but the air pressure is so low, it's like a gentle breeze. And that volcano is long past dormant. I'd be more worried about solar radiation.

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did.

Stewie Griffin, Rocket Man.

:tongue:

Seriously though, I thought we'd be further along to, if not colonisation, at least manned missions to Mars by now.

When NASA launches its next rover to Mars, the vehicle will have a small helicopter along for the ride. NASA announced today that it will be sending a small autonomous flying chopper — aptly named the Mars Helicopter — with the upcoming Mars 2020 rover. The helicopter will attempt to fly through the Martian air to see if vehicles can even levitate on Mars, where the atmosphere is 100 times thinner than that of Earth.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/5/11/17346414/nasa-mars-2020-helicopter-atmosphere

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

Is it possible to capture the entire plane of our galaxy in a single image? Yes, but not in one exposure -- and it took some planning to do it in two. The top part of the featured image is the night sky above Lebanon, north of the equator, taken in 2017 June. The image was taken at a time when the central band of the Milky Way Galaxy passed directly overhead. The bottom half was similarly captured six months later in latitude-opposite Chile, south of Earth's equator. Each image therefore captured the night sky in exactly the opposite direction of the other, when fully half the Galactic plane was visible.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

The stunning north pole of Saturn, observed by the Cassini space probe on March 7, 2017.