• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Beautiful galaxy and space thread

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

To celebrate its 24th year in orbit, the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope has released this beautiful new image of part of NGC 2174, also known as the Monkey Head Nebula.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

This might look like a double-bladed lightsaber, but these two cosmic jets actually beam outward from a newborn star in a galaxy near you. Constructed from Hubble Space Telescope image data, the stunning scene spans about half a light-year across Herbig-Haro 24 (HH 24), some 1,300 light-years away in the stellar nurseries of the Orion B molecular cloud complex

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap180311.html

Very cool.

I actually waited patiently to see what you thought of them cosmos knives, Rane lol

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
:) Yeah they look great. I could use them in the ol' galley 'cause I do a lot of my own food prep these days.

And if I ever decide to go on a 'stabby stab' rampage might as well look awesome too.

:tongue:

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Problem is.. I think everything I see is photoshopped. And not just here, with every damned thing I see.

Thanks, internet.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

Love those lightning storms.

Nice image but where do people see something that resembles a monkey head?

:1orglaugh That's EXACTLY what I thought to my self. "Monkey? I don't see no damn monkey?"

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
:1orglaugh That's EXACTLY what I thought to my self. "Monkey? I don't see no damn monkey?"

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I see it now! You have to squint your eyes realllllly tight and then in another browser tab, open it up and search "monkey." You'll see it then.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

The majestic aurora-like phenomenon "Steve," now given the official acronym STEVE, shines with the Milky Way over Childs Lake, Manitoba in Canada.

the phenomenon has been dubbed STEVE, a backronym that matches the name originally given by aurora watchers. (STEVE is short for "Strong Thermal Emission Velocity Enhancement.") According to the new work, the distinctive ribbon of purple light with green accents — which can occur at lower latitudes than normal auroras do — gives scientists a glimpse into the interactions of Earth's magnetic field and upper atmosphere.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I see it now! You have to squint your eyes realllllly tight and then in another browser tab, open it up and search "monkey." You'll see it then.

:1orglaugh

Problem is.. I think everything I see is photoshopped. And not just here, with every damned thing I see.

Thanks, internet.

The space photos are touched up in many different ways. The originals are meh, boring and can still see what is there. And there is the touched up that gives it it's beauty, a artist rendition.

I thought you would know this given the work put in your school yearbook photos?

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
In a galaxy far, far away.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!

The Bubble Nebula, also known as NGC 7635, is an emission nebula located 8 000 light-years away. This stunning new image was observed by the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope to celebrate its 26th year in space.

Saturn V launch using high speed cameras and set to the soundtrack of Battlestar Galactica. The plume starting at around the 3:30 mark of the video reaches nearly a mile in length as the atmosphere gets thinner. Still one of my favorite videos on YouTube.