• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I remember when Wood, Pryor and Zambrano were going to lead the Cubs to the promised land...shows you how much baseball is a fickle game.
I know Dusty got a lot of grief for the injury to Wood and Pryor, but to be honest, I have not seen it here in Cincinnati. It could be that GM Jocketty has something to do with that, but I have not seen the legendary abuse on young pitchers Cueto, Bailey, Leake and Chapman (yet).
And, I know it is rough watching a guy you enjoyed watching in his younger days struggle as a vet. Ken Griffey Jr. was painful to watch in his last years.

Kerry Wood was to be the next Nolan Ryan, I remember. We all wanted his refractor rookie card back then, as that was when the baseball card industry didn't go in the shitter yet and I was a bit younger back then still. I still go to card shows now and again, but it's not like when I was a kid when there were two to three shows a weekend.

I remember when Wood, Pryor and Zambrano were going to lead the Cubs to the promised land...shows you how much baseball is a fickle game.

Matt Clement was part of that too. I remember he was tearing it up in Boston and then that line drive hit him in the head

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
I know it's the only the second game of the season, but you'll have to forgive my pessimism. After all, we do have 103 years of ineptitude working against us.

Kerry Wood is one my all-time favorite Cubs players. He used to be one of the best pitchers in baseball and once struck out 20 batters in a game. But age has finally gotten the better of him. He's just not an effective pitcher anymore and you could blame him for both losses already this season.

Game 1: 0.1 IP, 3BB (walked the first three batters he faced and walked in the tying run after Dempster pitched a gem)
Game 2: 0.2 IP, 3H, 3R (came in with a 2 run lead, promptly gave up 3 runs)

Both teams he came into the game with the lead, but times he lost the lead. Kerry is a great guy, but it's time to cut him loose.

I agree, Wood hasn't been too effective for 4 plus years now imo. I'm still surprised he's pitching, last I checked he was blowing games in Cleveland. He lost it a long time ago.

And its a sweep for the Tigers!

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
The Red Sox are a ship sinking fast without a closer, blowing a 3 run lead in the 9th inning, and then a 2 run lead in the 11th. And Howdy Doody Valentine isn't helping one bit.

My Buccos won two in a row, and 2 of 3 from the Phillies! A 5-4 come from behind victory today. Woot woot! Bring on the Dodgers!

Hey, I'm a Pirates fan, when they're winning, I've learned you've got to enjoy it to it's fullest while it lasts. Ha ha ha!

Rays begin the season by sweeping the Yankees, and the Rays aren't even 100% healthy.

Anyone who picked NY to win the AL East want to change their minds?

Rays begin the season by sweeping the Yankees, and the Rays aren't even 100% healthy.

Its only April

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Its only April

3 games in nonetheless :1orglaugh

The Red Sox and Yankees always start off slow, they get themselves in an early 10 game hole every year and they have everyone else looking in the rear view mirror by All-Star break. It is far too early to say that. Any fan of real baseball knowledge knows this.

Nope. I have the Rays winning the Wild-Card playoff then losing to the Angels in the ALDS. Angels have too much offensive firepower

i just like the fact that the Royals,Pirates,Astros and Mets showed life
best thing to happen this weekend was the Diamondbacks pounding the Giants vaunted pitching staff.
i hate the Giants

red001

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Rogers Centre is a horrible stadium for baseball. It's way too cavernous on TV. I can't believe a game with 40,000+ people can be so quiet.

White Sox looking good so far

well the jays can turn to Fransisco Cordero temporarily

wow Barry Zito pitched a shutout,first since 2003, Colorado must be worse than i thought

Yu Darvish was very hittable in start one good thing the Rangers scored 8 times before he left after 5.2 innings

Status
Not open for further replies.