• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=409433

Jays get Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck and Bonifaco. There may be alot of contracts in there but I think it could give the Jays their best chance to get back to the post season. Way to go AA

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Price was one of those guys who seemed destined to win it the moment he was drafted.
Dickey seemed to be one of those guys who was destined to retire the moment he was drafted. But, he turned his career around quite nicely.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=409433

Jays get Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck and Bonifaco. There may be alot of contracts in there but I think it could give the Jays their best chance to get back to the post season. Way to go AA

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, just like I am with anything a sports team from Toronto does. It's a huge improvement over what they had last year, but then again that is what they said about last year's team and look at how many playoff games they saw.

C.K. Lawrence

Closed Account
Speculation is the Blue Jays will be moving more of these pieces if the deal even goes through. I think they need a proven reliever who will play up to billing.

the massive Jays/Marlins deal is being held up by players needing physicals. i would not be surprised if one of these players gets traded for a closer. Josh Johnson is my bet

red001

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, just like I am with anything a sports team from Toronto does. It's a huge improvement over what they had last year, but then again that is what they said about last year's team and look at how many playoff games they saw.

The optimist in me looks at this deal as almost a win-win regardless. They went out and got some great players and/or bargaining chips (like Johnson). On the proverbial paper they should be better. In the event that they do not improve much next year which could happen because of injuries or general bad luck, I don't feel that they sold the farm regardless.

The Jays did part with some solid prospects but as they are just that, who knows if these guys would have become factors in a Jays uniform anyways. Alvarez could become a #2 or #3 guy and if that happens, well it wasn't going to have with the Jays. The only player I regret seeing go is Hechavarria but he wasn't a full time major leaguer, plus with Reyes coming in, he would have had to switch positions anyways. (I'd recommend to 2nd base)

I think C.K Lawrence nailed it that the Jays could use a proven reliever or two although I also think 2nd base could use an upgrade as well. Catching will be interesting because Arnaud has got to play eventually. Like Arenecbia before him though it may take some time.

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
Who's paying for Reyes and Buehrle's contracts?

Jose Reyes (Signed through 2017) Owed $96M

Mark Buehrle (Signed through 2015) Owed $48M

the Blue Jays have to money to pay those contracts as they are owned by Rodgers communications the cable and internet provider for a lot of Canada.

remember the Bullpen gets fortified with Sergio Santos's return

red001

congratulations to Miguel Cabrera AL MVP

Jays sign Melky, 2 years, $16 million.

I like it. If this trade goes through and they ship one of those guys out for a closer, look out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

to bad the angels pitching is so suspect other than Jared Weaver. the remaining starters are Tommy Hanson,Joe Blanton and CJ Wilson. so the Angels offense will need to sore 5 runs a game minimum and thats tough to do on a daily bases. btw look up Hamliton's numbers against elite pitchers they suck so he can get you to the play-offs but won't help you when you are there

red001

Status
Not open for further replies.