• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Carter was actually a lot of fun to watch...because he did love the game.
There was a short time when I kind of did not like the guy - it was during the Mets' Year. I saw him as a hot dog, as a loud mouth. But, the more I watched the guy play, the more I realized he was that way simply because he did love the game. Gotta respect that in a guy.
May he rest in peace.

That's a tough loss, a good guy like him.

Was it the chew that got him? I think he chewed his entire career if I recall (I was too young to remember much of his career but always collected his cards).

Re: Gary Carter R.I.P

I see there is discussion about this on the MLB thread. Mods you can delete if you wish.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Don't know what you guys are talking about. Carter will always be remembered as the best player to ever play for the Expos.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Gary Carter was a class act. Always was. Highly respected. The epitome of catchers. Johnny Bench had some very nice things to say yesterday about him on Twitter with regard to his passing away. Mr. Bench wished his family well. And he prayed for them.

Don't know what you guys are talking about. Carter will always be remembered as the best player to ever play for the Expos.

Actually if you look at a "Team" photo card that Topps put out. They were the cards that had the team statistics... Remember those? Anyway prior to Gary Carter entering the big leagues "the Expo team batting leader" was always Le'Orange.... Rusty Staub. :)

Trade announcement:

Pirates:
AJ Burnett

Yankees:
RP Diego Moreno
OF Exicardo Cayones

Pending approval of the commissioners office

Also, Tim Wakefield retired

looks like the A's and Manny are closing in on a deal.
the a's are going to be a very weird team the 2 best starters are Brandon McCarthy and Bartolo Colon. The Hitters are going to be Manny,Kurt Suzki, Jemilie Weeks and Coco Crisp with maybe Cespedea contributing in the second half once he adjust to cold Oakland.

I'm a Mets fan, so I'll have to enjoy baseball overall. I don't think winning will be part of the season.

looks like the A's and Manny are closing in on a deal.
the a's are going to be a very weird team the 2 best starters are Brandon McCarthy and Bartolo Colon. The Hitters are going to be Manny,Kurt Suzki, Jemilie Weeks and Coco Crisp with maybe Cespedea contributing in the second half once he adjust to cold Oakland.

Minor league deal for Manny

MLB 12 The Show launches tomorrow, anyone getting it?

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
It's my favorite time of year: opening day in baseball. With a win today the Cubs will have a winning record and be tied for first in the division. This could be the only time all year that those statements will be true.

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
I work a few blocks from the Reds Stadium and getting to work today was HELL!
I had to walk across the parade because I was late for work and the parade was in my way. At least the crowd got some entertainment when the wind blew my dress up. I just hope the news guy missed that one. Also, I had to directly disobey an officer by crossing the street because I was not about to walk another six blocks to go around the rabid, crazy and somewhat scary baseball fans. It was like the zombie apocalypse only all the zombies were wearing red.

Status
Not open for further replies.