• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's two things Andrew Luck has to worry about:

1. A NFL rookie salary cap

2. Matt Barkley (but Barkley will most likely be back for his senior season. USC will be eligible for a bowl game)

Luck is the real deal, and even if he struggles in his junior season, he will still most likely be the number one pick. Money is the only thing I can think of that he can possibly lose. Other than that, I really don't see this as a huge risk.

There's two things Andrew Luck has to worry about:

1. A NFL rookie salary cap

2. Matt Barkley (but Barkley will most likely be back for his senior season. USC will be eligible for a bowl game)

Luck is the real deal, and even if he struggles in his junior season, he will still most likely be the number one pick. Money is the only thing I can think of that he can possibly lose. Other than that, I really don't see this as a huge risk.

There is another risk, Injury. I remember Tyrone Prothro making one of the greatest catches in college history against Southern Mississippi and knowing that he would be one day be playing in the NFL, but a horrendous ankle injury against Florida destroyed that.

oh well, I'm also a Niners fan so hopefully he can make them significant again too. Goodbye and Good luck Coach Harbaugh.

I have some doubts. Like Pete Carroll he strikes me as perfect for the college game; questionable for the pros.

But I'm an old school Niners fan, so hopefully I'm wrong and the franchise gives me a reason to watch football on Sundays again, not just Saturdays.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
^
Yeah except neither team remembers how to play defense after a fucking 41 day layoff. These bowl games and their increasingly-delayed schedules are idiotic. Just more lunacy from the NCAA, the big corporate sponsors and the TV networks.

Anyone but A & M. If the Aggies were playing the University of Hell, I would at least find a few positive things to say in defense of Satan. Geaux Tigers!

Luck is the real deal, and even if he struggles in his junior season, he will still most likely be the number one pick.

If he struggles there is no way he's nearly as high of a pick as he would be now. If he gets hurt permanently it could be even worse. Assuming there is no lockout no matter what he is losing one year he could be making money but won't. So he is probably losing around 10-15 dollars no matter what in that case, and likely more since he has nowhere to go but down.

If he struggles there is no way he's nearly as high of a pick as he would be now. If he gets hurt it could be even worse. Assuming there is no lockout no matter what he is losing one year he could be making money but won't. So he is probably losing around 10-15 dollars no matter what in that case, and likely more since he has nowhere to go but down.

Exactly. Look what happened to Locker when he chose to stay an extra year. Cost him about $15 mil.

There is another risk, Injury. I remember Tyrone Prothro making one of the greatest catches in college history against Southern Mississippi and knowing that he would be one day be playing in the NFL, but a horrendous ankle injury against Florida destroyed that.
Yeah, that was Mike Shula trying to run up the fucking score and in doing so snapped Protho's leg like a twig and almost got him killed due to a serious infection that developed. As a 'Bama fan, that had me really pissed off for a LONG time because Shula had essentially ruined Tyrone's career and almost his fucking LIFE.

Ugh...

Yeah, that was Mike Shula trying to run up the fucking score and in doing so snapped Protho's leg like a twig and almost got him killed due to a serious infection that developed. As a 'Bama fan, that had me really pissed off for a LONG time because Shula had essentially ruined Tyrone's career and almost his fucking LIFE.

Yep, Bama found out that year, without Prothro, they were horrible. Their season went in the crapper after that injury, and I read that Prothro is now working as a bank teller. They had a big lead and if Shula had just taken him out, their season would have ended much different, and Prothro probably would be playing in the NFL right now.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Good game for Jefferson once he calmed down. Another 11-win season under Miles...who is now the leading candidate for the Michigan job.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
Another enjoyable game between LSU and Texas A&M last night.

I'm not so sure about that, the dude was small. And if he were on today's Bama, I'm not so sure homw many touches he's getting.

^
Yeah except neither team remembers how to play defense after a fucking 41 day layoff. These bowl games and their increasingly-delayed schedules are idiotic. Just more lunacy from the NCAA, the big corporate sponsors and the TV networks.

Anyone but A & M. If the Aggies were playing the University of Hell, I would at least find a few positive things to say in defense of Satan. Geaux Tigers!

Seriously, what the fuck is this, it's January 8th and there's still bowls going on. What happened to the title game being on like January 3rd or 4th?

Eh, Prothro was like 5'9, 180 pounds. KR/Slot receiver would've been the perfect role for him in the NFL. Getting matched up against a safety or a linebacker in coverage and more than likely burning them all day until the defense tries to stop him. He could've succeeded in the NFL, especially with the rise of the slot receiver becoming so important these past few years.

Texas made some huge changes recently. They grabbed Boise State's Offensive Coordinator/QB coach. They also grabbed Miss State'e Defensive Coordinator. Both moves look like winners (on paper, of course) but I wonder if there's a recruitment problem at Texas. Did they rely on recruiting reports too much recently instead of actually watching their players live? Do they have too many 5 star athletes at too many positions?

Texas didn't have a talent problem, it was more of the coaching staff did a horrible job coaching them up. Obviously, every 5* recruit isn't going to be a superstar 1st round NFL prospect, but every kid needs to be properly coached and Texas was really bad at that this year for some reason.

If he struggles there is no way he's nearly as high of a pick as he would be now. If he gets hurt permanently it could be even worse. Assuming there is no lockout no matter what he is losing one year he could be making money but won't. So he is probably losing around 10-15 dollars no matter what in that case, and likely more since he has nowhere to go but down.

Well, obviously, a devastating injury that's permanent will dramatically hurt anyone's draft stock.

But if he struggles, is a team really going to pass on him? The word is, Luck is one of the most highest rated QB prospect in quite some time. If a team needs a QB and they're picking #1, they're going to take Luck (assuming Barkley doesn't declare).

Sam Bradford suffered a serious injury which sidelined him for most of his junior season. And in the limited time he did play, he didn't look good. Ended up being drafted #1 overall and received the highest rookie contract in NFL history.

I think the Bradford situation gives everyone hope.

Sooner Alert:

WR Ryan Broyles is returning for his senior season. LB Travis Lewis is also retunring.

Looks like OU wants to win a title next year. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.