• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009/2010 NCAA Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
:clears throat:

:sing:Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame,

Wake up the echoes cheering her name,

Send a volley cheer on high,

Shake down the thunder from the sky!

What though the odds be great or small,

Old Notre Dame will win over all,

While her loyal sons are marching

Onward to victory!:sing:

:throwup:

You could have been a gentleman and at least put this err fight song in it's own post and not contaminated my dusting off of "The Victors" post...

:thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to this game. The Wolverines are night and day different than last year. However, they are still very young and things may not always go as well as the WMU game did. If Michigan can shut down, or contain Floyd and Tate they definitely have a chance. Hopefully, Greg Robinson can come up with a scheme to beat the Irish again like he did last year as Syracuse's HC. Forcier must also play with the same poise and confidence as last week and it would be nice to see Rich Rod pull something out of his sleeve.

Our QBs are quite impressive.....moreso that I thought....

Forcier's decision making so far has been uncanny. I was asked to compare Forcier to Henne and there is no comparison IMO. Henne had a monster arm and that was pretty much all there was to him. He had very little pocket presence and no ability to scramble. Which means his improvisations were limited to throwing the ball in the stands or getting sacked.

Forcier gets rid of the ball quicker once he's made a decision than any UM QB in quite a while...exception maybe Scott Driesbach (UM QB before Griese).

Lust

Lost at Birth
Bama Fans......they're, ummm....passionate about football. How would you like to get stuck sitting next to this guy during a game? lol I was wondering why his brain didn't explode...then i realised, he probably has no brain to explode.

HORSE SHEEEATTT!!!!

takes all kinds......

Bama Fans......they're, ummm....passionate about football. How would you like to get stuck sitting next to this guy during a game? lol I was wondering why his brain didn't explode...then i realised, he probably has no brain to explode.

HORSE SHEEEATTT!!!!

takes all kinds......

I'm a Bama fan (alum actually). I have a brain. ;)

It's really hard to generalize about any large group of people... there are good ones and bad ones, but overall, I'd honestly say that Bama fans are VERY hospitable and pretty nice.

I'm a Bama fan (alum actually). I have a brain. ;)

It's really hard to generalize about any large group of people... there are good ones and bad ones, but overall, I'd honestly say that Bama fans are VERY hospitable and pretty nice.

HORSE SHEEEATTT!!!!

takes all kinds......

Did you see the story about the Alabama fan who was really upset after his team blew a 31-10 lead and lost to Arkansas in double overtime Saturday? What's that? There were hundreds of thousands of Tide faithful who were upset?

True. But only one is charged with trying to shoot his 20-year-old son in the head. According to a police report, Joseph Alan Logan of Pinson, Ala., became enraged after watching the game on TV and proceeded to slam doors and throw dishes into the sink.

His son chose that moment to ask his father for a new car. Logan, 46, allegedly got a 9 mm handgun from his car and held it to his son's forehead. The son moved his head just as the trigger was pulled. The bullet whizzed just past his ear. A SWAT team was called, but Pinson walked out of his house with another son, 13, and surrendered without a fight. He is charged with attempted murder and out on $7,500 bond.

Sheriff's Deputy Randy Christian had this quote to the Birmingham News: "I know we take football serious in the South, but that's crossing the line." Uh, yeah, it is.

Of course, the crossing of that line is hardly confined to Alabama or the South. It happens in all parts of the country and around the world. In fact, when it comes to sports-related violence, we Americans are amateurs.
However, on the college football beat I've often witnessed the flipside of fans' deep passion. It's ugly and it's dangerous. It's a pretty thin line between a screaming fan, so enraged his eyes and veins are bulging, and an attempted murderer. Sometimes all that seperates them is the availability of a gun, or a knife, or a bottle.

A fan was shot near Legion Field following an Auburn-Alabama showdown that GameDay attended. I believe the year was 1996. Clearly, there are too damn many guns available, but that's another column for another web site.

Taking a couple Pysch classes in college doesn't qualify me to comment fully on the roots of violence. That's another column, too. But it seems pretty clear that when a mob sets cars on fire or a guy puts a gun to his kid's head, there are other issues involved besides the score of a football game. Postgame rage just becomes the spark that ignites more dangerous emotions. Emotions escalate quickly.

Ask yourself if have you ever been enraged enough after a loss by your team to point a gun at someone? An official? A coach? A player?

You probably answered no. I hope you did. But I've seen plenty of fans who certainly looked angry enough to kill. When I was younger, I could be mad enough after a game to fight, if somebody said the wrong thing.

Making sports a career will certainly tame the instincts to take a team's performance too seriously. But I have to admit that several years ago, a certain team's missed field-goal attempt (a game-winner in a rivalry game) made me hurl a bottle at a TV set hanging from the ceiling of an ESPN conference room.

OK, the bottle was plastic and no harm was done, except for some spilled Diet Coke. And I've gotten tamer still since that day.
Seriously, I find it especially tragic when games designed to entertain, provide an escape or release, and unite people serve instead as triggers for violence. So, if your team blows a lead and loses in overtime, take a few deep breaths and take a minute to regain perspective. It's gonna be OK.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1628935&type=story

Hmmm, I'm thinking 'Bama fan Jr. is not the sharpest knife in the drawer...the story goes that 'Bama Jr. had already wrecked (the appropriate southern term for totalling a vehicle) 2 cars previously when he "wisely" chose to ask 'Bama Sr. for a new car on the heels of a crushing double OT loss to Arkansas.

Let's stop here for a second, let's assume we had the ability to reanimate Cro-Magnon man and teleport him almost 30k years forward into Bama Sr's living room at the split second Bama Jr. was about to ask for a 3rd car.

Now let's imagine Cro-Magnon witnessing Bama Sr. storming around the house slamming doors, breaking dishes and cursing to himself. I'm guessing Cro-Magnon man even with his primitive, 30k year old mind probably wouldn't have any idea what was going on...but I'm thinking he would at least know not to fuck with that guy. But 'Bama Jr. picks that moment to ask for another car...go figger.:dunno:

Lust

Lost at Birth
im sure they are hospitable, CS. the brain comment was directedly entirely at the moron in the video not bama fans in general. but there's no denying that bama fans are passionate about thier team...in most cases justifiably so (they are a historic landmark on the ncaa map) in this particular case tho, i'm sure his actions make a few tiders faces turn crimson.

had a lot of fun a few years back with some tiders at the cotton bowl when they beat tech, so take it as a friendly jab. hell, you could come up with lots of jokes on my school, stanford, but then....why waste your time, right? :) cheers and ahem, ...roll tide

What's everyone think about Michigan vs Notre Dame? Who do you think needs to win this one more?

I'll be rooting for Michigan....but I don't really have a good feeling about them. We'll see though. I don't know if Big Boy Weis can coach to a win in a huge game....

I can almost never root for a team that would wear helmets that are that butt fucking ugly. But then again I bleed green when it comes to collage sports. ND is a big rivalry too but that is more like a brotherly quarrel. Go State.

I can almost never root for a team that would wear helmets that are that butt fucking ugly. But then again I bleed green when it comes to collage sports. ND is a big rivalry too but that is more like a brotherly quarrel. Go State.

Classic colors, jerseys, and of course great helmets. There’s not a more iconic and distinctive helmet in college football than the winged maize and blue design the Wolverines have had since 1938. The white jerseys are good, but the dark blues are our favorite home uniform.

The Michigan uniforms are easily our second favorite out there and the top two on this list are a cut above any other team. The pants and jerseys have changed over the years (and may be changing again this season) but as long as the helmets stay the same they’ll remain at the top of any top uniforms list.

http://www.40acressports.com/2008/07/08/college-footballs-best-uniforms-2-michigan/

While lil bro' State likes their own helmet design so much they can't figure out which one they want to keep. No wonder they're conspicuously absent from any list best unis or helmets...'nuff said.

jasonk282

Banned

Glad that you base your football teams on which team has "pretty" uniforms.

HORSE SHEEEATTT!!!!

takes all kinds......

What a total loser! I went through waaaaayyyyyy more trauma then this guy did over the weekend, and didn't even come 1/10 to the anger over just one game.

It's just a fucking game, life moves on!

:2 cents:

What a total loser! I went through waaaaayyyyyy more trauma then this guy did over the weekend, and didn't even come 1/10 to the anger over just one game.

It's just a fucking game, life moves on!

:2 cents:

It does? I haven't stopped crying since January 8th, 2007.

:crying:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
More kudos to our illustrious #1 and #2 teams in the nation as they put it all on the line this week against still more cupcake competition in minor-league tuneup games before the actual season starts with conference play. The mighty Gators get 2 home games to start the season at the Swamp against Charleston Southern and Troy and the omnipotent Longhorns of Texas draw Wyoming on the road this week after mopping the field at Royal Memorial Stadium last saturday with the poor souls from Louisiana-Monroe. Too bad there aren't some high school teams willing to step onto the field against these bullies as they shamelessly pad their victory column with hapless opponents willing to take a serious ass-kicking in exchange for a nice payday.

By the way, they had the balls to offer the LA-Monroe/Texas game up on pay-per-view last week. Needless to say, I didn't watch it.

If either one of these teams loses a single game this season they should immediately drop out of contention for the national championship. Makes me almost ashamed to be a Longhorn fan (almost I said!).

I love college football but there are aspects about it that I absolutely despise. This is one of them. Man up and schedule some legitimate competition for chrissakes!!!

Glad that you base your football teams on which team has "pretty" uniforms.

Apparently you missed the fact that it was because I'm a Michigan State fan as the reason I think those helmets are so ugly. :hatsoff:

Back before MSU was in the Big 10/11, Michigan tried to keep them from joining the conference. Why? Because at the time the Spartans were a national power and Michigan did not want to play them every year. Yes that was 60 years ago and yes Biggie and Duffy are a long time gone. But Dantonio seems to be the guy that will bring them back into national discussions.

Back before MSU was in the Big 10/11, Michigan tried to keep them from joining the conference. Why? Because at the time the Spartans were a national power and Michigan did not want to play them every year. Yes that was 60 years ago and yes Biggie and Duffy are a long time gone. But Dantonio seems to be the guy that will bring them back into national discussions.

Even if that myth were true (you know the part about the winningest program in the history of college football fearing competition against MSU and all), you shouldn't hold anything against UM for trying to spare them the agony of a nearly 70 pct. failure rate in such "competitions" against Blue.

Tonight's action
Clemson @ #15 Georgia Tech.

Hopefully Georgia Tech wins so next week we'll have a good meaningful game with The U.
As far as ND and Michigan....... I will continue to procrastinate on that one.

Yeah, I think GTech will tune up Clemson tonight. It could be a beatdown of the 45 - 14 variety....I will be :eek: SHOCKED :eek: if they don't win

If we believe the stat that says Year 2 of Rich Rodriguez and the Spread = Good Things....then I might be looking at Michigan for the win, seriously. I'm definitely rooting for them, but...I dunno yet :dunno:

Should we begin the Colorado Head Coach Short list? I'm not sure my guy, the Hawk, ex-Boise State Head Coach, is going to make it to the end of this season. Hawk has had time to get it going at CU Boulder and it hasn't worked out...losing to the instate rival at home...not good:(

Bob Davie?
Ty Willingham?
Tommy Tuberville?
Chip Kelly (fleeing Oregon:D)? (that's for you Bodster;))
John Gruden?
Mike Stoops (fleeing Arizona)?

Should we begin the Colorado Head Coach Short list? I'm not sure my guy, the Hawk, ex-Boise State Head Coach, is going to make it to the end of this season. Hawk has had time to get it going at CU Boulder and it hasn't worked out...losing to the instate rival at home...not good:(

Bob Davie? - are you kidding? high-school coach gone bad college coach gone worse commentator. incompetent.
Ty Willingham? - watch your program implode! no recruits+bad coaching=no wins
Tommy Tuberville? - cant handle auburn? colorado would eat him alive.
Chip Kelly (fleeing Oregon:D)? (that's for you Bodster;)) - just no.
John Gruden? - couldn't lure his lazy ass away from commentating. easier to judge from that seat.
Mike Stoops (fleeing Arizona)? - colorodo doesn't need a fleeing coach. it needs someone committed cause they want to build the program.

there are my two cents. go lightly on the flames.

What's everyone think about Michigan vs Notre Dame? Who do you think needs to win this one more?

I'll be rooting for Michigan....but I don't really have a good feeling about them. We'll see though. I don't know if Big Boy Weis can coach to a win in a huge game....

The only time I ever root for Michigan is when they are facing Notre Dame.

Status
Not open for further replies.