• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Your top 10 NFL quarterbacks

1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
5. Eli Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Michael Vick
9. Tony Romo
10. Matthew Stafford

Never missed a game... then he should be playing much better than he does. Yeah blame everyone on offense besides Flacco. Funny how that's never a point when talking about the Manning's, Brees, Brady or Rothlisberger; They always seem to have great new players, that plug right in and start producing. I'll change my opinion when Flacco starts making players around him better. He's the leader of the one part of that team that's keeping them from winning a division or world championship. To say Flacco "out performed" Brady is ridiculous. Brady made it to the Super Bowl with a 30th ranked defense. Flacco "threw a perfect pass" against that next to last ranked defense... and you want me to think what? . Perhaps that god awful Offensive Coordinator drew up one good play that afternoon.

Wait a second, how does the fact that flacco has played every game for 4 seasons actually hurt his stats?? Because that's what you're saying :facepalm:

Now let's start to look at some of those names you mentioned:

Manning: He's in a league of his own and is the best Quarterback to ever play the game, no quarterback in the next 50 years will ever be on his level.

Brees: 1. Colston a tall and fast receiver who doesn't get enough praise 2. A genius head coach 3. Quality back up Wrs who have great experience and almost never drop the ball

Brady: 1. Always had smart and intelligent coaches 2. Two best tightends in the league 3. He's been in the league 8 years longer than Flacco

Rothlisberger: 1. His first few years he leaned heavily on his defense 2. Hines Ward 3. Mike Wallace

I love how all the guys you name have been in the league for: 14 seasons, 11 seasons, 12 seasons, and 8 seasons

Of course the guys who have been in the league for double even triple the years Flacco has been are going to be better and more developed than him.. Come on man

Look, you're going to have your opinion and I'm going to have mine.. But I have watched this guy since day one and I know what he can do... I've seen him make perfect passes to players who gave up on the route.. I've seen him run around in a destroyed pocket for 10 seconds while his receivers don't move an inch because their routes are finished... And I've seen him have to call countless terrible plays because that's what his all mighty offensive coordinator calls.. That's the thing, I've seen all the stuff nfl network and espn don't show.. So I know what he's capable of if he has the tools... I'm not saying he's the next brady or manning or even that he has to be in your guys top ten lists.. All I'm saying is that he is he deserves a lot more credit for the raven's success than people give him credit..

Look, you're going to have your opinion and I'm going to have mine.. But I have watched this guy since day one and I know what he can do... I've seen him make perfect passes to players who gave up on the route.. I've seen him run around in a destroyed pocket for 10 seconds while his receivers don't move an inch because their routes are finished... And I've seen him have to call countless terrible plays because that's what his all mighty offensive coordinator calls.. That's the thing, I've seen all the stuff nfl network and espn don't show.. So I know what he's capable of if he has the tools... I'm not saying he's the next brady or manning or even that he has to be in your guys top ten lists.. All I'm saying is that he is he deserves a lot more credit for the raven's success than people give him credit..

Don't trip. You gotta remember that some of these cats don't actually watch football. The just play that fantasy shit and catch Sportscenter highlights. The deeper you go into it with them, the more crazy they sound debating this. Like I said before, one of these authorities on this subject already watched all the film and broke down all the plays for you and compiled this list. You can go back and forth on a spot or two, but for the most part, Ron Jaworski's list was extremely accurate. He put neither Stafford or Newton top 10, and gave extremely valid reasons why... reasons far more legit that you dudes are putting up, but we are all biased.

Some more ridiculously than others.

Wait a second, how does the fact that flacco has played every game for 4 seasons actually hurt his stats?? Because that's what you're saying :facepalm:

Now let's start to look at some of those names you mentioned:

Manning: He's in a league of his own and is the best Quarterback to ever play the game, no quarterback in the next 50 years will ever be on his level.

Brees: 1. Colston a tall and fast receiver who doesn't get enough praise 2. A genius head coach 3. Quality back up Wrs who have great experience and almost never drop the ball

Brady: 1. Always had smart and intelligent coaches 2. Two best tightends in the league 3. He's been in the league 8 years longer than Flacco

Rothlisberger: 1. His first few years he leaned heavily on his defense 2. Hines Ward 3. Mike Wallace

I love how all the guys you name have been in the league for: 14 seasons, 11 seasons, 12 seasons, and 8 seasons

Of course the guys who have been in the league for double even triple the years Flacco has been are going to be better and more developed than him.. Come on man

No, that's twisted logic. It means playing more hasn't helped. He's had every opportunity to get better. For example: he hasn't missed a year or bunch of games due to injury so his game suffers.
All the QB's mentioned above were better players than Flacco is today, many , many years ago.
Send Flacco to New Orleans and Brees to Baltimore... Ravens win championships and New Orleans become cellar dwellers. Sorry players can't execute and tend to make good coaches look unintelligent.
Like Facco, Rothlisberger has a great defense, but the difference is he's got rings. Here's what you're missing... Mike Wallace (rookie) replaced Santonio Holmes (4th yr = 1000+ yds), Wallace numbers almost match Holmes (when adding rec + tds), but Holmes goes to Sanchez and his numbers fall like a rock. Some like yourself would still find some reason to say Sanchez is as good as Big Ben.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Flacco stinks.

You can't honestly be serious.

Are you seriously going to compare a QB with a PRO BOWL WR, a PRO BOWL RB, and a PRO BOWL C, to a QB that has NO PRO BOWLERS to work with. I like how you bring up 2010 and conveniently leave out the fact that Carolina had a lame duck coach, a sub-par QB, and and offense that clearly quit on them... like that absolutely nothing to do with anything. Not only does Cam come into the league with a hands down better offense than Cutler, he has the advantage of being brand new with a brand new coach, meaning teams cannot pre scout them! It makes a huge damn difference when the team across from you has no idea what you can really do as a player, no idea what sort of offense this coach will incorporate, and still must be wary of PRO BOWL weapons!!!

How many advantages can you possibly have???

Look at the bigger picture, anyone halfway intelligent football watcher would no doubt take Carolina's offense over Chicago's with Carolina have a receiving core that outperformed Cutler's bunch in just about every statistical category and a clearly better O-Line... AND STILL... even having missed the last 6 games, Cutler finished having led the Bears to a 7-3 record. His importance was never more evident than fact the Bears lost 5 of the last 6 without him. Cutler missed six games and still had more wins that Cam with a #1 WR that finished with only 37 receptions??? Highlights and exciting shit aside, how is this even arguable?

Let's keep it 100... Carolina could've had the same damn record without Cam.
Seemingly you can't see that big picture. Carolina's QB is one reason why their offense is better than Chicago's. Also let's keep it 100% in reality. No coulda shoulda's Carolina was the worst team in the league. First you say they're Pro Bowlers, then turn right around, and say they're quitters. Can't quit on their team and expect to be Pro Bowlers.
The halfway intelligent football watcher's (as you put it) on this board list Cam over Cutler, probably because like myself, see Matt Forte as the bright spot on a otherwise lacking offense. I feel sorry for Cutler fans expecting him to play more like A. Rod cause that's just not gonna happening.

You say Cutler "led the Bears to a 7-3 record" I say don't make me laugh so hard. Bears beat the loaded with Pro Bowlers, Carolina Panthers week 4 and Cutler wasn't leading anything. Clearly out performed by Newton (rookie).
Cutler completes 9 of 17 for 102 yds - 1 interception - zero touchdowns
Matt Forte 205 yds - 1 touchdown
Hester 69 yard punt return touchdown
D.J. Moore interception returned touchdown
-----
Cam Newton 27 of 46 for 374 yds - 1 interception - 1 touchdown passing - 2 touchdowns rushing (4th Pro Game vs Bears Defense)

When he was in Atlanta, people would tell me Mike Vick need receivers, I said no, the problem is Vick doesn't throw accurate passes consistently. Vick out, rookie QB in, Roddy White's stats double and he's on his way to becoming a Pro Bowler. Cutler is a second rate QB not good enough to make receivers better receivers.

Better have some "Cam Newton Kool-Aid" its goes down a lot smoother than Hater-Aid :)

I'm not saying he's the next brady or manning or even that he has to be in your guys top ten lists..

Well said and I agree. Forget regular season. Flacco is on national stage every post season where everyone gets to see him not do his stuff. Have you ever seen Flacco really tear into a receiver for giving up on a route? I have a bunch of Ravens games saved on hard drive and I see a QB delirious with joy when he can get a couple first downs then punt the ball to improve field position for the defense. That's his job on the team. Don't screw it up for the defense. The offensive coordinator was entrusted with making sure they practice that all week.

Don't trip. You gotta remember that some of these cats don't actually watch football. The just play that fantasy shit and catch Sportscenter highlights. The deeper you go into it with them, the more crazy they sound debating this. Like I said before, one of these authorities on this subject already watched all the film and broke down all the plays for you and compiled this list. You can go back and forth on a spot or two, but for the most part, Ron Jaworski's list was extremely accurate. He put neither Stafford or Newton top 10, and gave extremely valid reasons why... reasons far more legit that you dudes are putting up, but we are all biased.

Some more ridiculously than others.

haha, thanks.. And by the way, I think cutler's a good qb :D

No, that's twisted logic. It means playing more hasn't helped. He's had every opportunity to get better. For example: he hasn't missed a year or bunch of games due to injury so his game suffers.
All the QB's mentioned above were better players than Flacco is today, many , many years ago.
Send Flacco to New Orleans and Brees to Baltimore... Ravens win championships and New Orleans become cellar dwellers. Sorry players can't execute and tend to make good coaches look unintelligent.
Like Facco, Rothlisberger has a great defense, but the difference is he's got rings. Here's what you're missing... Mike Wallace (rookie) replaced Santonio Holmes (4th yr = 1000+ yds), Wallace numbers almost match Holmes (when adding rec + tds), but Holmes goes to Sanchez and his numbers fall like a rock. Some like yourself would still find some reason to say Sanchez is as good as Big Ben.

But it's not just about stats when you're talking about how good of a qb somebody is.. it's about who gives their team a chance to win every game.. Even if guys like vick, schaub, etc. can out perform flacco in the stats category them being injured does not help there team win.. Look, maybe like jones said, you might be looking at from a fantasy football position or whatever.. But, for me a good quarterback is one that isn't always missing games and is on the field every snap.. And that's flacco.

And bring up the saints offense too so that brees can win because that's something flacco has never had.. And thank you for bringing up Holmes because that's one more talented wr big ben has had while flacco has thrown to demetrius williams.. The steelers have drafted great receivers, while the ravens have not.. Maybe torrey smith can step up and be like a mike wallace but who knows..

And finally, sanchez sucks.. :hatsoff:

Well said and I agree. Forget regular season. Flacco is on national stage every post season where everyone gets to see him not do his stuff. Have you ever seen Flacco really tear into a receiver for giving up on a route? I have a bunch of Ravens games saved on hard drive and I see a QB delirious with joy when he can get a couple first downs then punt the ball to improve field position for the defense. That's his job on the team. Don't screw it up for the defense. The offensive coordinator was entrusted with making sure they practice that all week.

Way to make up facts there at the end...

So here we go.. The quarterback who constantly tears into and yells at his receivers quickly losses that receiver and they stop trying.. I would like to see flacco get a little more aggressive and that's what he started to do last year, but you don't stand there on the field and yell at your fellow player. You just don't do that.. And you want to know why he's so "delirious with joy" because he's 'protected' by a trash offensive line, surrounded by receivers who constantly let down flacco, and has to takes plays from a bonehead of a coordinator so when his team actually does help him out he will crack a smile..

There's just no reasoning with you, so I'm done.. I have my opinion about flacco and you have yours.. Trust me within the next few years everybody who is constantly putting down flacco will see that they're wrong.. :drama:

My list:
1: Drew Brees (if he gets a deal)
2: Aaron Rodgers
3: Tom Brady
4: Mike Vick
5: Cam Newton
5: Peyton Manning (I think he will surprise alot of peeps)
6: Matthew Safford
7: Philip Rivers
8: Eli Manning
9: Matt Ryan
10: RG3 (I think he will also surprise alot of peeps)

:2 cents:

I'm pretty excited to see what RG3 does, I don't watch college football, but I've been hearing hype about him for a while now.. Since washington is right down the road from me I think I might be able to get a few preseason games on tv.. And the ravens play him during the season so I'll see him in that too..

So let's see if I have this right...

First we vault Cam over Cutler based on ONE season...

Then we do this based on ONE game???

We're simply gonna discount the longevity of proven consistent quarterbacking on the simple basis of solid season or one head-to-head matchup? With this logic Kerry Collins and and Rich Gannon should be first ballot HOFers and Matt Flynn should most certainly be in everyones top ten! Apparently, having a pro bowl WR, RB, and C have nothing to do with the success of Cam whatsoever, and Steve Smith didn't make Cam look better at all. Guess you missed last years Pro Bowl when Cam was an interception machine and couldn't complete a pass to anyone other that Steve Smith? Let's also ingore the fact the Carolina overhauled the team offensively By adding

THREE new TE and a WR... all vets
New Head Coach
New Offensive Coordinator
New Quarterbacks Coach
...but none of this matters, because Cam is the lone difference, and thus is top 10. All this in a season which his rookie counterpart had more passing TD's, fewer INT's, fewer fumbles, and (yes) MORE WINS in Andy Dalton. If he isn't in your top ten given your criteria, then your list is flawed greatly. In fact, given those facts, Dalton should arguably be ABOVE Cam! Cutler and Flacco aside.

Besides, Cam is yet to prove he can win a game in which he has thrown an interception. He has yet to prove he can flourish under adversity, and that is something a top 10 should be able to do. Cam just does not have a proven body of work for me to possibly put him above QB's that do, and have performed well under various circumstances. I have Cam at 14, but he could very well crack the top 10 with by next year, but as of now...

Not enough material and too many extenuating circumstances going on to consider him one of the 10 best.

My list:
1: Drew Brees (if he gets a deal)
2: Aaron Rodgers
3: Tom Brady
4: Mike Vick
5: Cam Newton
5: Peyton Manning (I think he will surprise alot of peeps)
6: Matthew Safford
7: Philip Rivers
8: Eli Manning
9: Matt Ryan
10: RG3 (I think he will also surprise alot of peeps)

:2 cents:

RG3 hasn't even played a game in the NFL!! WTF is going on here:bang:

So let's see if I have this right...

First we vault Cam over Cutler based on ONE season...

Then we do this based on ONE game???

We're simply gonna discount the longevity of proven consistent quarterbacking on the simple basis of solid season or one head-to-head matchup? With this logic Kerry Collins and and Rich Gannon should be first ballot HOFers and Matt Flynn should most certainly be in everyones top ten! Apparently, having a pro bowl WR, RB, and C have nothing to do with the success of Cam whatsoever, and Steve Smith didn't make Cam look better at all. Guess you missed last years Pro Bowl when Cam was an interception machine and couldn't complete a pass to anyone other that Steve Smith? Let's also ingore the fact the Carolina overhauled the team offensively By adding

THREE new TE and a WR... all vets
New Head Coach
New Offensive Coordinator
New Quarterbacks Coach
...but none of this matters, because Cam is the lone difference, and thus is top 10. All this in a season which his rookie counterpart had more passing TD's, fewer INT's, fewer fumbles, and (yes) MORE WINS in Andy Dalton. If he isn't in your top ten given your criteria, then your list is flawed greatly. In fact, given those facts, Dalton should arguably be ABOVE Cam! Cutler and Flacco aside.

Besides, Cam is yet to prove he can win a game in which he has thrown an interception. He has yet to prove he can flourish under adversity, and that is something a top 10 should be able to do. Cam just does not have a proven body of work for me to possibly put him above QB's that do, and have performed well under various circumstances. I have Cam at 14, but he could very well crack the top 10 with by next year, but as of now...

Not enough material and too many extenuating circumstances going on to consider him one of the 10 best.

I'm afraid that is not the case. 2011:
Cam Newton - 21 passing TD
Andy Dalton - 20 passing TD

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingTouchdowns

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's take a second to breathe here.

IWJ is on our asses for putting Cam Newton in our top 10, but hasn't said anything about sherm putting RG3 in his top 10???? Ahead of both Cutler and Flacco. Guy hasn't even played a game.

I'm afraid that is not the case. 2011:
Cam Newton - 21 passing TD
Andy Dalton - 20 passing TD

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingTouchdowns

Thanks for the correction! That is my mistake on that one. My assessment, however, still stands.

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's take a second to breathe here.

IWJ is on our asses for putting Cam Newton in our top 10, but hasn't said anything about sherm putting RG3 in his top 10???? Ahead of both Cutler and Flacco. Guy hasn't even played a game.

That's because RG3 in a top ten is beyond intelligently debatable. I decided not to even go there.

Way to make up facts there at the end...

So here we go.. The quarterback who constantly tears into and yells at his receivers quickly losses that receiver and they stop trying.. I would like to see flacco get a little more aggressive and that's what he started to do last year, but you don't stand there on the field and yell at your fellow player. You just don't do that.. And you want to know why he's so "delirious with joy" because he's 'protected' by a trash offensive line, surrounded by receivers who constantly let down flacco, and has to takes plays from a bonehead of a coordinator so when his team actually does help him out he will crack a smile..

There's just no reasoning with you, so I'm done.. I have my opinion about flacco and you have yours.. Trust me within the next few years everybody who is constantly putting down flacco will see that they're wrong.. :drama:
You said receivers quit on routes, so I asked a simple question. Have you ever seen Flacco tear into a receiver for giving up on a route? I never said he should constantly yell or yell on the field. Flacco must share some of the blame for the offense being the way it is. He isn't a diamond amongst do-do.