• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Possible Reason Shane McMahon Resigned From WWE
by Matt Boone
Oct 16, 2009

Apparently Shane McMahon's resignation from WWE was quite the unexpected piece of news to those in the company. According to reports, there was no notice to anyone, not even those who work directly for McMahon.

There is still no definitive word as to why McMahon resigned, although PWInsider.com reports that it may have something to do with Shane going to work with his mother Linda in her bid to become Senator of Connecticut.

I never saw Shane leaving the company, but I think he could be a real asset to Linda if he does go to work for her. He could be real useful in promotion and media, though I'm not sure if this will help Linda get rid of that pro-wrestling past that seems to be hindering her bid. All the best to him, regardless.

Though this means Steph and HHH are going to run the company. Urgh.

Shane McMahon resigns
Written: October 16, 2009

Shane McMahon announced Friday morning that he has tendered his resignation
as WWE's Executive Vice President, Global Media.

"It is with great sadness that I announce my resignation from the WWE,
effective January 1, 2010.

I have never even considered a future outside the walls of the WWE. However,
sometimes life takes an unexpected turn and while it is the most difficult
decision I have ever made, it is time for me to move on.

First and foremost, I would like to thank my father for the incredible
education working with him has provided and for giving me the opportunity to
play a role in building WWE into the global phenomenon that it is today. I
am extremely proud to have been the 4th generation in this business, and I
am grateful for everyday I was able to work along side not only my own, but
the entire WWE family.

Thank you to all of the WWE Superstars both past and present for your
passion, pride and dedication. You are truly the engine of the organization
and it has been a pleasure to work with, learn from and get to know all of
you. Thank you for the privilege of sharing the stage with you and for
allowing me to become but a momentary member of your elite brotherhood. I
have so much appreciation for the many sacrifices you endure, both
physically and personally, to make this business the success that it is. The
respect I have for each of you is immeasurable.

Finally, there are no words to express my gratitude to WWE fans the world
over for supporting this company through good times and bad and for your
unbridled passion that fuels the Superstars' performances. I am profoundly
grateful to have been able to entertain you both in front of the camera and
from behind the scenes. You are the greatest fans in the world.

I will always love this business and will remain a fan forever."

Shane

Exclusive Rumor Killer On Why Shane McMahon Left WWE
by Matt Boone
Oct 17, 2009

WrestleZone.com reported a rumor going around yesterday that Shane McMahon left WWE to help his mother Linda with her run for Senator of Connecticut. WrestleZone has exclusively learned today that is not the case.

There are a number of other rumors going around, including some that claim Shane McMahon has interest in starting up or joining an established mixed-martial arts organization. WrestleZone can not confirm nor deny those reports at this time. We can confirm that Shane McMahon's resignation from WWE does not have anything to do with assisting Linda McMahon in her political aspirations.

Stephanie's Former Assistant On Shane's WWE Resignation
by Matt Boone
Oct 17, 2009

Mike Witt sent along the following to WrestleZone.com:

I worked with Stephanie McMahon for two years as a runner and production assistant. I left because I was offered a new opportunity which required less travel.

It seems that a lot of wrestling news sites are pointing to Shane departure as a result of some sort of inner tension between Stephanie and Shane and where they stand in the company. I'm not sure who these sources are but here was my experience, take it for what it is worth, and it really would be nice if your readers got to at least read a first hand account of behind the scenes life:

Stephanie was not unlike any other business person and stood by her decisions. Between you and me, some may not have been the best, but if you are going to get respect in a lockerroom full of egos, you can't cower at every little disagreement. So call that brash, but anyone in that kind of position would do the same. That's just my opinion.

There were times when both Shane and Stephanie shared ideas. There was never any tension between them that I could see. I would say though that Vince was very, very hard on Stephanie since he pretty much still runs creative. I've seen him blow up at her on more than one occassion.

As far as her interaction with talent and behavior under strees, I never saw her degrade or yell at talent. I have seen her pull talent aside from time to time if something was done poorly or at the risk of hurting the flow of production. Again, normal given her position.

As for Shane, although he was not around much, he definitely was the louder of the two. He was one of the boys and wanted everyone to sense that. Almost to the point where it was quite degrading to Stephanie. Maybe I'm biased because I worked for her, who knows, but Shane certainly seemed to have a chip on his shoulder at times.

As for Vince, yes, he is loud, commanding, and a yeller. Yes, he did give Stephanie a lot of attention because he worked directly with creative whereas Shane was mostly corporate. Again, just because Stephanie worked with Vince more deos not mean their styles were the same. I didn't get that at all. Vince is a yeller, more brash in his tone. Stephanie was often the person to calm people (just ask Heyman).

As for Shane, I wish him luck. Maybe the chip he has on his shoulder is why he left, who knows. He never really showed any interest in creative so I'm not sure why internet writers keep comparing the two. Had Shane shown any interest in creative, or had some solid input, there's not a doubt in my mind that Shane would have been running creative. But instead he chose the more corporate side. He's a salesman through and through. Stephanie is not. What you see is what you get. She's down to earth and says what's on her mind.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along. May people read a lot of things on the internet and never really get the "real" scoop. This is just my experience but I hope it sheds some light on things.

For the record, I didn't see Shane's departure coming either, but lets not forget, he's still a major shareholder in the company and can return at any time. He will also still have plenty of influence behind the scenes. Whether that's good or bad who knows.

Thank you for your time
Mike

PlasmaTwa2

Exclusive Rumor Killer On Why Shane McMahon Left WWE
by Matt Boone
Oct 17, 2009

WrestleZone.com reported a rumor going around yesterday that Shane McMahon left WWE to help his mother Linda with her run for Senator of Connecticut. WrestleZone has exclusively learned today that is not the case.

There are a number of other rumors going around, including some that claim Shane McMahon has interest in starting up or joining an established mixed-martial arts organization. WrestleZone can not confirm nor deny those reports at this time. We can confirm that Shane McMahon's resignation from WWE does not have anything to do with assisting Linda McMahon in her political aspirations.

I know it is unlikely, but imagine if Shane ended up working corporate for UFC.

I know it is unlikely, but imagine if Shane ended up working corporate for UFC.

Honestly? I could see that happen. And have that lead to an eventual take-over of the company by the McMahon family.

I wouldn't put ANYTHING by Vince and his business sense.

:thumbsup:

PlasmaTwa2

Honestly? I could see that happen. And have that lead to an eventual take-over of the company by the McMahon family.

I wouldn't put ANYTHING by Vince and his business sense.

:thumbsup:

I wonder if UFC would even consider hiring Shane for that very reason. After all, Shane is still one of the biggest shareholders in WWE and he is the son of Vince. UFC would probably be wary. Shane will probably end up with Pride, given the past cooperation they have had with WWE.

jusnelldem

Closed Account
I wonder if UFC would even consider hiring Shane for that very reason. After all, Shane is still one of the biggest shareholders in WWE and he is the son of Vince. UFC would probably be wary. Shane will probably end up with Pride, given the past cooperation they have had with WWE.

That I can see.
Man, I always figured Shane would probably be kind of a jerk, even to Stephanie, but I wouldn't have thought that would make him leave the WWE.
Hopefully they can straighten out the backstage politics so they can put good product on television.

Meanwhile, anybody excited about SvR 2010? I never been this excited about a WWE game since Smackdown 2.

Why Beth Phoenix Was Moved To SD!
by Nick Paglino
Oct 19, 2009

PWInsider.com is reporting that Beth Phoenix was moved to the Smackdown
brand during last week's WWE Divas trade because management felt that she had been losing momentum on Raw over the past several months and that she was becoming stale on Monday nights. The feeling is that by moving her to Smackdown she can get a fresh start with new opponents and feuds.

Former WCW Champ to Host Raw?, Vince to Push 2 WWE Divas
by Nick Paglino
Oct 19, 2009

PWInsider.com is reporting that there is a rumor making its way backstage
in WWE right now that next week's Raw show could potentially be hosted by former WCW Champion and actor David Arquette.

It's being reported that ever since the two worked some backstage vignettes with a couple of Raw guest hosts, Vince McMahon has "fallen in love" with The Bella Twins which is why the two were moved to the Raw brand. Vince plans to use them both on a regular basis in backstage segments with future Raw guest hosts.

jusnelldem

Closed Account
I watched Celebrity Apprentince, it wa alright. Adding Goldberg and Maria don't make me that excited or anything though. If I was still 11 yrs old, I would have been. I used to wanna watch anything with wrestlers on it, now...meh.

Tonight was also the 1st night of Vince's expiriment with the 3 new divas. They didn't do anything, and as far as Jillian's push, I hope it's off a damn fence somewhere. She is not good, I dont care what anyone says. She's not in any better shape than Mickie, she is not pretty, she's got giant fake lips and tits that dont make her sexy. Her skits go on way too long, it only worked because Lilian was there, now it's really annoying (I did smile a little when she did it to Snoop) She and Melina made a mess again, Melina even botched walking. RAW divas are over.

saw that.....she was pretty embarassed,IT'S 4 STEPS!!!

I'm glad she caught herself though because it would have really been embarrassing if she fell. What I find odd is that the RAW divas seem to be getting progressively worse while the Smackdown divas (with the exception of maybe Maria) are getting better. I've really been impressed with Michelle McCool and if I was Mickie James I would be very happy to have been sent to Smackdown. Hopefully Melina and maybe a returning Maryse can help out RAW. At this rate maybe they should trade Maria to RAW for Gail Kim because she deserves better. Smackdown is the better show after all.

Report: WWE Re-Hires a Former Tag Team Champion
by Nick Paglino
Oct 23, 2009

PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has re-hired former Tag Team Champion Lance Cade. Cade re-signed a contract with WWE about a week ago, and has since reported to the company's Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory.

Cade was released from his previous WWE contract back in 2008 after he suffered an unexpected seizure which WWE suspected was caused by something that he had taken.

Report: WWE Re-Hires a Former Tag Team Champion
by Nick Paglino
Oct 23, 2009

PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has re-hired former Tag Team Champion Lance Cade. Cade re-signed a contract with WWE about a week ago, and has since reported to the company's Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory.

Cade was released from his previous WWE contract back in 2008 after he suffered an unexpected seizure which WWE suspected was caused by something that he had taken.
Will he be a solo wrestler or part of another tag team or stable?