• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

World Cup 2006 thread

Who is going to win the World Cup 2006 in Germany?

• Brazil

Votes: 77 26.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • England

Votes: 39 13.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Italy

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Holland

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • USA

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • South Korea

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (state country in your answer)

Votes: 40 13.6%

• Total voters
Its no secret most of the world wants the U.S. to fall flat on its face in this tournament...so it got me thinking about all the talk of how this draw is rigged. I got my conspiracy thinking hat on and I realized the guy hosting the World Cup draw looked almost like a magician in disguise.....

hmmm....

Did the U.S. land in a tough group when our magician host pulled USA's name from his sleeve? :dunno: ;)

Man, shure its a tough group, but honestly the US is a tough Team too. Not my favorite either but they have a very good chance reaching further Finals. As do all Teams. Watch out for the Netherlands group, thats the toughest one to me! And I hope the Swiss make it to Groups First...

9inch said:
France and germany got some luck with their groups, if they don't go at least to the 8th that's the proof they are in a bad mood...
I only hope Brazil will not win again, it comes to be boring :(

Czech rep. & Holland can do something good I think :)

Luck, the French, hope their as lucky as they were last time...

...oh yeah, and I hope (due to my Calculations and not considering Brazil) MEXICO kicks all asses! That´d be cool

There is something crazy about soccer :

Salomon Kalou an Ivorian midfield who never played in his national team but plays for the Dutch club of Feyenord Rotterdam is waiting to be naturalized Dutch. Marco Van Basten (Holland coach) told he will be in the team for the world cup if he become dutch.

The funny thing is that Salomon's brother, Bonaventure Kalou, is an important player in the national team of Ivory Coast.

Ivory Coast and Holland both are in the the same group, so the two brothers may play against each other during the World Cup...:rolleyes:

Calm said:
Don't underestimate Sweden and Ghana.

I agree about Ghana. Their 3 main midfielders play in the Premiership and Serie A and i think they'll get through the group stages.

I have gone through the tournament and i think England will lose to Argentina in the quarters and the semis will be

Holland v Czech Rep
Brazil v Argentina

Then Brazil will beat Holland in the Final.

Yes, i have the Italians to fall at the first hurdle. Every World Cup there is at least one giant who goes out in the group stages and i think the Italians will go early out in this world cup.

I may be wrong, but it's all about opinions.

Normally I would root for the U.S.A.

But I think I might get killed if I even attempt to do that around here... so for now it's "GO BRAZIL!" People are flippin crazy about there soccer down here... omg

GO SWITZERLAND!!:D :D now serious,i think brasil will win.the other favorites ar argentina,germany(they are a tournament team!) england?,holland,or a suprise team!:wave2:

Calm said:
I doubt it very much, Italy has a strong team and almost every player in the team is in good form.

Yes true, but look at Argentina in the last World Cup. There is always one shock in the group stages and i'm going for Italy this time. There is still 6 months to go yet.

zidane.jpg

And the French ? :nanner:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Johan said:
There is something crazy about soccer :

Salomon Kalou an Ivorian midfield who never played in his national team but plays for the Dutch club of Feyenord Rotterdam is waiting to be naturalized Dutch. Marco Van Basten (Holland coach) told he will be in the team for the world cup if he become dutch.

The funny thing is that Salomon's brother, Bonaventure Kalou, is an important player in the national team of Ivory Coast.

Ivory Coast and Holland both are in the the same group, so the two brothers may play against each other during the World Cup...:rolleyes:

Correction: Salomon Kalou isn't a midfield. He's a very offensive (striker/or coming from the wings) and attractive player. Kalou and Kuyt are the two most important players at Feyenoord.

Last edited:
Duke of Venice said:
I agree about Ghana. Their 3 main midfielders play in the Premiership and Serie A and i think they'll get through the group stages.

I have gone through the tournament and i think England will lose to Argentina in the quarters and the semis will be

Holland v Czech Rep
Brazil v Argentina

Then Brazil will beat Holland in the Final.

If Holland gets in the final they'll win it. We have an old saying "3x is scheepsrecht".

Iám from Germany, but I can´t believe that they will win the cup, I think Brazilia has the best team. But we saw it last Time, eventually a small team will rise.

I'm going for Holland as long as they don't completely fall out with each other.

Van Basten has done great things and they have quality in every area.

I just can't see England doing it, there too unbalanced and Sven is unwilling to drop one of Beckham, Gerrard or Lampard.